What's new

The Games we play...

I got Demon's Souls... it should work right?

Now let me find my teeth.

Edit: It does work! And it was for chrsitmas... Oops.

DiRT 2 currently going for £17.99 on play.

I loved DiRT, but I can't decide whether to get this or not. It's a new-ish game, for a fairly cheap price.

Opinions?

Dirt 2 is well worth it at that price. It's a good game, but not as good as Dirt.

Well, it plays better, but there's less variety than Dirt. So you end up feeling a bit trapped playing a lot of stages you don't really like. I'd definitely get it for £18.

I think a bit of a PS3 night is in order tonight.

I bought Bomberman last night, which should be a laugh with all four of us. Also got the patch for Lego Rockband - so it no longer crashes when Muse comes into a setlist :)

Then I've got a few new Beetles Rockband tracks to play (plus it's a great game).

Then Minor_Furie bought the Little Big Planet Pirates add-on, so that should be be fun and tomorrow Trine gets a major price cut, so that too will be purchased :)

Now, what shall I get for the PSP? :)

Bomberman is the game foor Local Multiplayer. There's nothing like being with 4 people trying to blow each other up, swatting and hitting each other, unplugging the controllers and screaming at each other.

I got the new LBP level kit for free yesterday!

I left a comment on the EU blog informing them .detuned had disappeared from the Store. They thanked me for letting them know and gave me a download code! SCORE! :D

I'm still doing serious catch-up on my Xbox and bought Gears 1 and 2, Condemned and Bioshock, and stole my sister's boyfriend's copy of Grid.

I've only played Bioshock and Condemned. Bioshock is just awesome, and features much Tower of Terror font, and Condemned makes me want to cry in the corner so the nasty people don't kill me. Excellent.

I'm nearing the end of Resident Evil 5 and it's starting to get a bit repetitive. The cool thing about 4 was it changed quite a bit in atmosphere halfway through... this one hasn't!

I'm 10 hours into GTA4, it's epic.

And I'm halfway through Dead Space, and stuck. I can't get in to it, I'm finding it toooo hard :(

That's it from me *trundles off*

Ooooo the games topic. there's a first time for everthing!

I played the new Super Mario thingy on the Wii last night. SO much fun with 4 people all shouting at once. Hilarious comments such as "will you stop ****ing jumping on me" and "you pushed me into the lava" were to be heard.

It brings the original game to some much needed life. I highly recommend it if you have friends. If not it's just Mario with better graphics.

We've got New Super Mario Wii for the kids for Christmas. I adore the original Mario Bros (the single screen two player) because it's so fun bouncing the other player into the enemies.

This looks like it captures the same spirit which will be great for the four of us :)

We got it too a few weeks back and I've been hooked ever since. I wasn't expecting much at the beginning but it brought back good memories of playing the old classic games. Its very tough on some levels and its probably one of a few games on the Wii which has kept me coming back for more.

It just goes to show that gameplay wins over flashy graphics.

I got the LBP Pirates download. It was good but it lacked something.... and water is a slight dissapointment, but at least I can now make toulca lake for my silent hill levels. Also completed pixel junk shooter I still stand by every thing I said and it is amazing! The last boss is impressive and this is a must buy for any PS3 owner!

I think most of you guys are console gamers.... but steam has a pretty good sale on at the moment!
Ghostbusters is a fiver for example. There are even games for less than a quid.

Finally, L4D2 is still pleasing me lots :)

To move things away from consoles for a bit, has anyone played the Sims 3? What did you think of it? I currently have both Sims 1 and 2 and am considering getting the third sequel plus the expansion, World Adventures. Good buy or not?

Some good new games for around a 5er too. Mirrors edge £5.
Rainbow six vegas 2 £9
Good times, definitely gunna pick Mirrors Edge up I heard its only a short game but gotta be worth a 5er?