What's new

The Games we play...

kimahri

CF Legend
I'm probably going to wrong for this but I got the Mega Drive/Genesis collection, On psp.

Meh I only wanted it for Comix Zone and Phantasy Star 2,3 and 4.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I prefer the PS3 version, but that's only because I find the handheld screen too small for my poor eyes :lol:

Comic Zone is great. Phantasy Star games? There are some broken bottles over there I have to jam my face into in preference to playing them! :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
On the PS3 version you can unlock the original... Or was it Number 2 you unlock??? :lol:

Lain

Giga Poster
Tom Clancy's Endwar with official Sony Bluetooth Headset is currently only £17.95 on Zavvi.co.uk.

I'm not that interested in the game, so may trade it in at some point, but that's the cheapest I've ever seen the headset, so I took the plunge as soon as I saw it!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Topics Unstuck
As part of an attempt to make the forums a little more diverse and interesting, we've unstuck the "collective" topics.

Feel free to keep using them, but also feel free to post individual topics if you think they will be of particular interest to other users.

For instance, a big film like Star Trek probably deserves its own topic, rather being lumped with the Films topic.

It's just a case of using a bit of common sense, and making the topics interesting.

The big topics are still around for the trivialities, but we'd like people to make more use of their brains and personalities (big mistake, I know :p ).

Pierre

Strata Poster
Some people see Star Trek as a big film, I personally couldn't give a toss.

I just think we're going to get a lot of little topics scattering around the forum :p

Anyway.... heres my predicament.

My PS3 is now out of its warranty and as some people may remember I've had two replacements.

I'm unsure what to do now as Sony are (rumoured) charging either £65 for repairs or £145 for a refurb if they deem your machine unfixable.

My PS3 is a 60gb one (PS2 compatible, mroe USB ports), I can get £200 for my PS3.... I can buy an 80GB PS3 with Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 for £299.

So the way I see it is I can get two new games, an extra 20gb disk space, and a new 12 month warranty all for £99.

The other alternative is Microsoft... but I don't really want to throw away my 'progress' on PSN (not to mention all the games I've purchased through the store) but Microsoft machines are a lot cheaper, and I'm sure they're a lot more lenient with regards to warranty too.

Any suggestions??

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You could take out the pay for warranty? Erm, https://continuousplay.co.uk/Default.aspx

£4.99 a month (about the same as X-Box Live :p ).

I use the PS2 compatibility of my PS3, so I can't ditch mine, but I am thinking about a bigger hard drive.

As for what to do on the platform front? It's the same as the question "which should I buy" for people unsure.

It's all down to personal preference of system, and which system has the games you want to play. I hate X-Box controllers, so I'd always struggle with any X-Box game, I find them uncomfortable. Other people love the MS controllers - each to their own :)

So it's really what games, what you like "the feel of" and who you play against. I love the quirky PS3 PSN titles, but I'm sure the X-Box marketplace has lots too.

Just remember, the more basic 360's don't have Wi-Fi or a hard drive. So you need to plump for a beastier model, so the savings aren't quite as high as you'd think :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
I considered the CP because they put leaflets in both replacements, but when I can get the two games, a newer model and 12 months continuous play for £99 it makes more sense, sod it, thats what I'm doing :D

kimahri

CF Legend
^ You made my friend jizzem and have a spazzy fit.

Now he really really really wants it and it now kicking me.

Gen 1 is still better.