What's new

The Games we play...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
Speaking of Beta tests.

Screwattack did an OOTB on Fat princess.

Personally I think it looks great.
I'm actually thinking about getting a PS3 just to play Fat Princess - it's that good!

After a couple of hours every weekend for the past three weeks, I finally finished RE5! Although I enjoyed the heck out of it, I can't see going back & playing it over again on a harder level (even with infinite ammo in most of my weapons).

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Got all the trophies on the Sega MegaDrive collection last night!

I thought "this will be an easy few trophies".

No way! Some of the games actually require skills, and skills that we don't possess anymore! You also need quite a wide range of gaming skills to complete the trophies. The two puzzle games - Columns, and Mean Bean Machine- are the hardest. Mean Bean Machine requiring you to actually complete the game! It's tough even on easy by level two!

Sonic Spinball was also a challenge.

I can see the point of trophies now though. I bought the games for the minor_furies, mainly for Sonic. However, having the trophies so accessible, I went for them. It's made me actually play the games properly and some of them (like Vectorman) are actually really good fun. I don't usually have the patience any more for these types of games, so it's been great spending a few hours over the past week making my way through it all!

The question is, will I ever play it again???

kimahri

CF Legend
Well, I got lucky again.

Not sure if many people know about Megami Tensei. They are fairly difficult to find since they aren't very well known here but I managed to bag 2 of them. Digital Devil Saga 1&2. I was expecting to find 1 in the shops for cheap. then finding 2 online and crying over how expensive it would be.

This was not the case.

I found the second one in GAME and got it for a fiver and just bought the first one off play.com

A happy chappy, I am.

mrclam

Giga Poster
divvie_dave said:
Steam had a good offer for Orange Box... so been playing a lot of Half Life 2 and Portal, in between L4d of course :p

Only a fiver over the weekend... good deal if you ask me :)

Yeah i bought that!

$10 for that was BRILLIANT!!

and my new-ish pc copes with it VERY well.. my computer runs "lost coast" at 170fps!

mrclam

Giga Poster
Mini Competition:

I have a copy of "Half life 2" and "half life 2 : episode 1" to give away to anyone who has steam.

PM Me with the reason i should give you it for free (With your steam ID) and i'll send it to you via steam

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrJvfUDZwcY[/youtube]
Awesomeness! <3 <3 <3
Why aren't all those PS3 fanboys screaming about this exclusive?!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's because the PS3 has some of the best "quirky" games available, yet the fanboys are only interested in if Fifa 2230 has two fps more thna the 360 version, or when the Needz for speedz is coming out, or "the next Halo killer".

Okay, I like big budget, mainstream games too, but generally avoid them over fun games.

I don't get to watch much in the way of video, so I've only seen Fat Princes in passing, from screenshots. I've read roughly about it, seen screenshots and heard lots of "wow". So it's one I'm keeping a quiet eye on :)

kimahri

CF Legend
It's looks really stupid and fun to me.

Although there are other game modes, it's version of CTF has a cool little gimmick which I like.

Giving the other fun little stuff I've seen like some of the menu text and Errors.

It just looks like a fun little game.

If they bring out 4 or more local multiplay then it'll probably feel like back in the days of the multitap and bomberman and stuff witha bunch of friend all huddled round one TV kicking and screaming and just generally prattign about.

Which is something I don't think could ever be replicated online.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nobi Nobi Boy patch out today! Fart Loudness Fix

So you can choose how loud you want your farts to be! Awesome! :)

Plus, four player multiplayer and lots of other goodies, yadda yadda yadda! ;)

Are you allowed to say "Boy Love"? Probably not! :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Sadly Ollie, you posted several weeks too late (over-exaggeration :p ).

Still, it's finished now...

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah I realised when I saw there were already pages and pages of entries. Still I like the idea.
It's a game I'm looking forward to now. Have they set a release date for it yet?

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
FALLOUT 3

Bloody awesome.

Nuff said :)

I bought that a couple of weeks and I'm absolutely hooked.

I was a little apprehensive about buying it, but I somewhat regret I didn't buy it sooner after playing it.

Brilliant stuff.

A

Anonymous

A few weeks ago I downloaded the FEAR 2 demo, wondering what all the fuss about a ghostly little girl was about. I played the demo, and I have to say, by the end I had actually had to walk away from the game several times, and that my palms were sweating so much it was another ordeal managing to click the mouse. It was horrific...and amazing. I completed the first FEAR. I thought that was horrific and amazing too. I got the first expansion pack, Extraction Point, thinking it could never match the...horrific-ness of when you see your first scare in the original game but then this happened.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4JD9AoS ... re=channel
any of you gamers, try to find a gaming moment as Holy ing as this!