Hyper Poster
kimahri said:
Homer said:
I've been playing romhacks lately

Kaizo mario!

GO GO GO!
No. Simply no.

kimahri said:
I would like Mother 3 to be released over here.

I wish to play it whilst waiting to go into class.
Download the rom and the translation patch, you know darn well Nintendo isn't going to localize it. And yes, its a good game.

the_missus

Mega Poster
I am currently trying to play Guitar Hero....not going too well.....did alright on easy...but ****ing medium.....I just cannot get four fingers on the same hand to work!! Damn it!!!

Snoo

The Legend
I don't know if its been mentioned but..

http://www.getcontinuum.com/

I've been HUGE into this game in the last few months.. logging some 400 hours of playing time. I stick mostly to Trench Wars.

It takes a bit to get a hang of it, but once you do you enjoy it.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The kid & I have been playing the hell out of Resident Evil 5 - he with his friends & I with mine. Could this possibly be the best co-op game ever?!
Aidan also downloaded the 'versus' multi-player patch, but I'm not impressed.

mrclam

Giga Poster
I dunno if this is any good or not. But I *love* the art style of this and it makes me wish i had a psp still:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK5v0xuOyis[/youtube]

EDIT: Its got good reviews too!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
WTF??? Sega??? And Furie???

FFS! (TLA??? And Furie???)

I'm a lost cause when it comes to Outrun. I remember reading about the original in C&VG back in 1986 or something, then finding the moving cabinet version in the arcades. I loved it. I'm crap at it and hate the actual game, but I loved the graphics, humour, moving cab, music (seriously, seriously love the music) and technology.

I bought the Spectrum version (128 had the music and better graphics than the 48k version), the Atari ST version and the Sega console version.

My real Sega love of the time though was Space Harrier (this is an important paragraph, we'll return in a jolly little while).

So, Outrun2 came out in the arcades. It's a great arcade game. I played it a few times at a grotty Haven holiday site a few years back. Got home and found the PC version for £20 and got it. Really good arcade fun on the PC.

I bought the PSP version too as it was cheap. Same game, but smaller (in screen size) and harder to do with my old fart eyes.

Came out on PSN on Thursday. I tried to not buy it... But couldn't. £8 and it's really great actually :) Big screen and high def and great fun. Damn you Sega, I'm supposed to hate you!

Then I thought (drunkenly), the Sega Magedrive collection would be good. I have it for the PSP and hate it - always a good reason.

Bloody US PSN had a demo - all the games on it not featured on the PSP version. Outrun on the PSN has just shown me that big screen is win.

Maxi-Minor_Furie wants big screen Sonic games.

Game had the collection for £20, so we purchased it.

It's rubbish. I hate Sega :lol:

It's got lots of trophies, so I'm currently whoring and trying to eek out the tiniest bit of gameplay. MMF loves it, as does Minor_Furie. They have no taste!

It Has Space Harrier Arcade! It's worth £20 :p

mrclam

Giga Poster
I was VERY tempted by outrun myself...

EDIT: Always hated space harrier.. Now toobin.. that was a good game.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's good Malky, really great fun (for a few quid). I even won an online game! :)

Space Harrier is superb! You have no taste, especially thinking Toobin' is good. It's piss poor.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I got Command & Conquer Red Alert 3.... I wasted many a night at college playing Red Alert 2 (I was rank 17 in the world at one point! My mate was rank 4 haha!) so this had to be purchased.

I've left a couple of C&C's since Red Alert 2 (Renegade, Tiberium Wars, Generals) but was sucked into the Red Alert namesake.

The campaigns are pretty similar to the older Red Alerts, although there are three alliances now... as well as the Allied & Soviets, we've got the Japanese in the Empire of the Rising Sun.
Storyline leaves a lot to be desired though, I guess you can't do much with the setting of the type of game. I've completed the Soviets mission, and half way through the campaign an insider turns and he wants to overturn the current commander. Very similar to the older Red Alerts.

As its the first C&C I've played since the last RA 9 years ago I ran through the tutorials and its quite a lot to take in. They've added a lot of things in there and at first I thought they'd gone a bit OTT with new features in an attempt to keep the game fresh but after a good couple of hours game play its very easy to adapt to. One gripe I do have is the terminology used within the game. Obviously they try and make it sound realistic and not that its a bunch of kids fighting "THIS WEAPON SHOOTZ TANKZ!" but with it being a 12 rated game I can see a lot of people being confused by it.

Overall it is quite fun, plenty of fit birds in as always... storyline and tutorial being overly complicated let it down slightly.

7/10 so far! Not tried online yet.

Edit : Oh yeah one for the nerds, the first Allied mission takes place on Brighton Beach, they have a rollercoaster on it but it looks nothing like that looping one they have (turbo is it?)

kimahri

CF Legend
Toobin' is irritating.

Although that may because I played it on psp.

That IS if we are talking about the same thing...

:|

mrclam

Giga Poster
I can only remember Toobin' from playing it in the arcades when I was 10 years old.

So my memory may be a bit jagged as to whether it was good or not :lol:

Still couldnt stand space harrier though.