What's new

SPITE </3

cookie

Giga Poster
Transformers: The Ride at Universal Singapore. Went to the park when the ride was three weeks away from soft-opening. Coupled with that the Jurassic Park river raft ride was closed for refurbishment it made the park feel half-empty.

Though I should consider myself lucky I got to ride both sides of Battlestar Galactica (although I had to wait a few hours for the Cylon side due to stormy weather) given rumors that it may not be around much longer.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Battlestar Galactica will still be around, they are just retheming it from the sounds of things.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Re: SPITE </3

rtotheizzo17 said:
Glennderp said:
Kingda Ka:I agree with Furie, Kingda Ka was bad. The only thing good about it was the speed and height. The rest was painful. Going 128 mph on a rickety train, painful. It broke 5 times in one day.

Kong: Rickety piece of **** . Neck pain for 2 days after the ride. Worst SLC I've ever ridden.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Im sorry for English being my second language. ;)

bmac

Giga Poster
ECG said:
Almost every park runs single trains on off-days, so that's not really a valid argument. Hersheypark is generally a very busy park, especially between Memorial Day and Labor Day, and when one talks about a park using single train ops it should refer to the majority of the time, not off-days.

Went today. Schools from 6 states were in the park at once, probably about 60,000 people in the park if all the buses were full of those students. Skyrush running 1 train, Lightning Racer running 1 train on each side, Wildcat 1 train, Storm Runner had an hour long line, Fahrenheit too, Comet running 1 train, Great Bear running 2 trains, Soops running 1 train. Only rides running for max capacity were the Wild Mouse, Storm Runner (because that's all it can do), and Fahrenheit (because I'm pretty sure it can't run short of 100% either).

Hobbes

Mega Poster
I've actually been fairly lucky with spites. I don't bother with kiddie rides, so I've never had to worry about size restrictions. The only real spites I've had that I can remember are Batman at SFNE (due to weather) and Talon at Dorney Park (due to only having one train and therefore a massive queue).

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Re: SPITE </3

I've been reasonably lucky. On my US trip last year I was only spited by Gwazi.
Had the early season spite by smiler but rode it later in the season.
Was recently spited by Odyssey as well.
Other than that I've got on everything bar go gators.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Not a coaster, and it may be back up when I go back to Universal in a couple days, but Dudley-Doo Ripsaw Falls was closed. :(

Smithy

Strata Poster
First trip to PA and Baco spited me, but got on it last year. Unfortunately.

Other than Smiler not opening on time I've been pretty lucky, the usual rides which tend to spite people (PMBO, JO) in this country I've managed to get on on day trips.

steel

Mega Poster
I think I pretty much win this contest because Tower of Terror was closed when I was at Gold Reef City. :(

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
steel said:
I think I pretty much win this contest because Tower of Terror was closed when I was at Gold Reef City. :(

From the us trip a couple of years ago, I'll see your tower of terror, and raise you an El Toro at sfga

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I'll see both of you and raise you with my two, separate trips to Korea and being spited by Atlantis Adventure both times.

My Sorak Plazaland spite was pretty epic, too. Ship pulled in down the coast a ways, and I took a train/taxi combo that cost more than $100 and arrived a a park that was about 1/2 disassembled.

steel

Mega Poster
rollermonkey said:
I'll see both of you and raise you with my two, separate trips to Korea and being spited by Atlantis Adventure both times.

My Sorak Plazaland spite was pretty epic, too. Ship pulled in down the coast a ways, and I took a train/taxi combo that cost more than $100 and arrived a a park that was about 1/2 disassembled.

Ok yes, fair, that wins, but I still claim 2nd place. :p
8Z9z1YWl.jpg

They don't even have bears in Africa.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
^ Based off how poor my ride on Green Lantern: First Flight was, I'd say no... other than the +1

I myself missed Twist 'n' Shout at Family Kingdom Amusement Park in Myrtle Beach over the weekend. Just rode some 500 miles for nothing.

bmac

Giga Poster
Anyone who wants the Stinger credit at Dorney Park better not go any time soon, the thing doesn't even have the train in the station.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
So I turned up to Helensburgh pier in the arse end of nowhere and...there wasn't a cred!
Someone warned me that it isn't permanent and I can now fully confirm that.
What I did find, was a car park full of pallets loaded with concrete blocks. I didn't try and ride those...

Jake

Strata Poster
^ That had been shut for years! Well, it has been SBNO since about 2009 anyway.

I'm surprised it took them this long to spite it.

I did tell everyone last year or the year before not to bother when they went up there for M&Ds - you obviously didn't see it :D.