What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Indy

Hyper Poster
Not sure this entirely qualifies as "small news," but an employee was hit and killed by Olympia Looping at Prater Park:

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
So uh?

What the hell is this gonna be?

Has to be some kind of underwater tram in reality

1648740513001.png

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
So uh?

What the hell is this gonna be?

Has to be some kind of underwater tram in reality

Happy early April Fools

Will

Strata Poster
Got me.

For a moment, I was concerned that Seaworld were going to ruin their amazing aquarium (or perhaps create my dream coaster!)

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
So two days before opening for the 2022 season, Walibi Belgium has got a new enviromental permit. Which means rides such as Kondaa and Tiki Waka can open now saturday.

However, as a sort of compensation to 'Les Versants de la Dyle' (the hard core annoying locals), the park has to add ten extra random days where they close the park...

Peet

Giga Poster
Here is a cool video by Coaster College that explains in depth how and why the El Toro accident occurred and what was done to rectify it; I definitely think it's an interesting watch!

Yeah that was pretty interesting, I'm glad they didn't try to pad it out to an hour long video as seems to be the done thing these days.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Here is a cool video by Coaster College that explains in depth how and why the El Toro accident occurred and what was done to rectify it; I definitely think it's an interesting watch!

An interesting video - nice and concise and no bull****.

Although the mixing of imperial and metric in that official report did make my eye twitch a little bit...

Peet

Giga Poster
Although the mixing of imperial and metric in that official report did make my eye twitch a little bit...
If that's not the norm in your industry then all I can say is I envy you - every bolt specified where I work is an imperial diameter with metric length, Nominal Pipe Sizes in inches but any actual measurements in mm, imperial pressure classes with maximum pressure given in Bar etc etc!