What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Along with the p'Sghetti Bowl coaster shown a while ago Skyline have released move concepts, looks like their thrill coasters will now have single row seats instead of the two across, it also looks like they have lost there bulky over the shoulder restraints seen on Tidal Twister and Harley Quinn and gone for a more minimal design, they say it will provide a smoother and more comfortable ride experience .
View attachment 14081
Their Skywarp II model can also have a different layout.
Skyline-Attractions-Skywarp-II-Ground-Perspective.jpg

Source: https://skylineattractions.com/products/thrill-rides/
Where's the Eclipse?

Niles

Giga Poster
Where's the Eclipse?
No idea, maybe they are gonna start of with these smaller models before going bigger.

All I wanna know is if they'll be quieter!
Looks like that’s another thing they are going for 😁 noise reduction.
53A89637-4360-48BA-A0B2-0266CC348C51.jpeg

Let the turd polishing commence!
Those first coasters were 100% turds, however I do see a place for these “coasters”. Skyline say they will be low maintenance, low cost rides, if they are smoother and quieter I think they could give small parks a great thrill, they seem to have listened to the criticism and have tried to fix the problems of the previous creations so hopefully they will provide a fun experience.

With a lot of parks on a budget this could be a good investment for them as it could be a stepping stone, bringing in more customers for them then to buy something bigger and better next time.

Last edited:

RcTmix

Mega Poster
"Have all also been redesigned."

I hope their engineers are better than their copy writers.

I'll show myself out.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Can't remember the last POV of a China-based coaster I watched that didn't have some pop song playing over it. Disappointed.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I can't help but feel like that first swing launch is kinda pointless. It gets 90% of the way up the hill!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Side note too: is this the first 4 launch (swing launch + 1) coaster to actually officially open?
Fiorano GT Challenge at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi also has four launches. None of them are swing launches, though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Fiorano GT Challenge at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi also has four launches. None of them are swing launches, though.
Hagrid has five (I think). Can't recall any coasters with more than that off the top of my head, though.

cocoa

Mega Poster
I can't figure out what is the point of any of that golden horse coaster. every bit of it seems redundant lol

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I can't figure out what is the point of any of that golden horse coaster. every bit of it seems redundant lol
I mean, it's a very shaky but semi-confident step forwards for not just Golden Horse, but the Chinese domestic market as a whole. This is the first time that any domestic manufacturer has actually gone ahead and utilised LSM launch technology, although they've skipped multiple steps in the launch coaster evolutionary chain that the Western coaster industry worked their way through. Golden Horse is a little more innovative now than they were a few years ago, although this is in no way going to stem the flow of Chinese corporates going to western companies such as Mack, Vekoma, S&S, and Intamin for their launched coasters. It might buy them some traction with the smaller, poorer parks, most of whom don't usually have the financial backing to go for a major imported launch coaster system. It's definitely lame by our standards (and LAME is how I would describe this ride), but really its a solid step up for their product range. I'm not gonna count them stealing Zamperla blueprints to create a functional flywheel launch some time ago that really wasn't used outside of stock-layout motocoasters.

cookie

Giga Poster
Phantasialand has abolished their annual pass entirely (i.e. it won’t return after the pandemic). No reason’s been given, but it’s been hinted at that the park has issues with passholders booking up days they don’t follow through on. All still valid passes will expire by summer 2022.