What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Ah yes. I did think about that when I wrote that post but I forgot it actually traverses the track the same way twice. In my mind it went back along the track in reverse. I take it back there are indeed 2 such rides.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Not exactly a theme park, and it is a flat ride, but the US Space and Rocket Center's classic Space Shot ride has just reopened after down for a year for Covid and another month for a sticky fill valve. Ran great, and feels smoother then ever.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Seems a ferris wheel in Fujian, China has collapsed during construction. There are plenty of videos for those willing too look although at least one I've seen seems to show someone falling from the structure so I won't be posting them here.

Seems the reason for the collapse is currently unknown but it seems the final piece of the outside ring was being or had just been placed. The cars for the ride were yet to be attached.

download (28).jpegdownload (27).jpeg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Well that's clearly not how to build a Ferris wheel. On the topic of Ferris wheels though, the world's largest is just a couple of weeks off opening in Dubai.

Cranedude

Hyper Poster
Seems a ferris wheel in Fujian, China has collapsed during construction. There are plenty of videos for those willing too look although at least one I've seen seems to show someone falling from the structure so I won't be posting them here.

Seems the reason for the collapse is currently unknown but it seems the final piece of the outside ring was being or had just been placed. The cars for the ride were yet to be attached.

View attachment 13806View attachment 13807

It appears that, in the 55 minutes since you posted this, all of the videos bar the ones showing the aftermath have been taken down: I searched and couldn't find any showing the actual collapse. No casualties reported, however, so if a person did fall off, he survived.

EDIT: Was it, perhaps, this?
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 16-17-00 Terrifying scene as Ferris wheel collapses while under const...png

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It appears that, in the 55 minutes since you posted this, all of the videos bar the ones showing the aftermath have been taken down: I searched and couldn't find any showing the actual collapse. No casualties reported, however, so if a person did fall off, he survived.

EDIT: Was it, perhaps, this?
View attachment 13812
There's not many on English speaking media but they are all over the chinese based apps and sites I use to research coasters.

I've just uploaded this one which shows it from afar on a dash cam. Shows the whole structure just fold

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Tiny bit of news but Infusion is currently closed as it is having its lift motor replaced:-
246454756_7108005005891737_4328743408743009519_n.png

Really hope it won't sound any different because the iconic lift hill noise was legit the best thing about the ride.

EDIT:- It's back reopened today.

Last edited:

Matt N

Strata Poster

JoshC.

Giga Poster

TPoseOnTantrum

Mega Poster
Drayton Manor has now confirmed that Pandemonium will be removed after the 2021 season has ended:
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/blog/last-chance-pandemonium/&h=AT2U1Fzt2v2AiM-ZJZWlc_o__2RffEGIMjOO3_mgSCmK549tPS04mENqTLjOVuMO3SK9KlO7YaLsxrg3RUr8vf6zN4TCOhpVtaUO7NYYneeI42lYUXjvE_fhXJ9YKkE&s=1
I wonder what “exciting developments” the park might be alluding to that will replace it?
I've heard talk in late-night Discord call that Drayton's gone with a 3-ride package from Zamperla, but we'll have to see about that

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Some very unexpected news as after 8 years one of the biggest indoor Vekoma Junior coasters out there has returned to operation. This is Shells Shuttle at Powerland in Qingdao, the park now called Haiyu Dreamland opened in September for the first time since 2013.

The ride originally opened in 2009 but following the closure in 2013 sat unusued and unloved for years. Do it's great to see the ride running again after all this time.

Below is a POV found on douyin
https://v.douyin.com/RL3MjS7/

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
First time seeing a POV of it <3 I always thought the photos on RCDB made it look rather massive
Same. Its one of the few ive always wanted to find. Looked up the park today on the off chance anything has changed or there was any news and was genuinly surprised to find it was open AND with a POV. For weirdos like me this has been a good good day 😂