What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I wouldnt usually post about such obscure small rides in China opening but thought this one was random enough to post about.

This is a new Golden Horse Super Spinning Coaster (the model with the inversion) that has opened at Dalad Xiangshawan Tourist Area in Inner Mongolia.
The whole area is so strange. its a collection of small attractions and hotels spread out around the desert. To get between the many seperate areas you either take a train, bus or camel.

The specific attraction the coaster is part of is called Xiansha Huixian Island and the whole area is known for its singing sand dunes.

Other attractions include dune bashing and sand boarding as well as a ton of other random stuff like zip lines and shows.

Its worth having a scroll around on google maps to get an idea about what i mean

Anyway they built the spinning coaster last summer and it looks so odd just sat in the desert.
A place that has instantly jumped onto my bucket list of weird places to go.

Desertcoaster1.jpgDesertcoaster2.jpgDesertcoaster3.jpgDesertcoaster4.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd quite like to know what this means, exactly.
The sale of the business and assets to a newly-incorporated UK subsidiary of Israel-based company Pomvom Limited - an advanced artificial intelligence technology company that creates real-time digital photography experience in amusement parks, events and sports - means that all 607 permanent jobs will be saved.
Feels a bit overkill for an ORP... :p

Yes, I have read their website and can sort-of see the applications, but an odd offering. Could be a bit creepy.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'd quite like to know what this means, exactly.

Feels a bit overkill for an ORP... :p

Yes, I have read their website and can sort-of see the applications, but an odd offering. Could be a bit creepy.
I'm immediately thinking facial recognition, in which case it could be very creepy indeed. There are all sorts of laws against storing those pictures without the consent of the riders, luckily, so if something was up the company would be sued to oblivion immediately.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
A lot of photography companies have this tech now, it's legal (GDPR compliant*) and very useful when stored properly. In this case it would allow the guests to bring up their photos at the end of the day with ease, negating the requirement to remember your photo's unique number. Also, if you have a photopass, it could email you immediately. I've seen this tech in action and it genuinely has a pretty much 100% success rate.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
A lot of photography companies have this tech now, it's legal (GDPR compliant*) and very useful when stored properly. In this case it would allow the guests to bring up their photos at the end of the day with ease, negating the requirement to remember your photo's unique number. Also, if you have a photopass, it could email you immediately. I've seen this tech in action and it genuinely has a pretty much 100% success rate.
Until you start pissing around on the ONP's