What's new

MaxxForceFan

Roller Poster
There is a sign at the former Mardi Gras Hangover location.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=833162965625687&set=a.529415712667082

451696361_833162962292354_5331809952799772234_n.jpg

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Aight let's break this one down a little;

Wrath of Rakshasa was indeed filed for amusement ride purposes in May (Trademark #88571872).

A Rakshasa can be a few things. They're a humanoid boss in Elden Ring, or a tiger-headed fiend in Dungeons & Dragons. In Hindu mythology however, they're malevolent goblins/demons with the ability to shape-shift into different animals. After all, Looks Can Be Deceiving. Therefore I would expect that this trademark has a use.
1721480149200.png

In terms of teaser campaigns, Six Flags Great America has historically used Thursdays to continue dropping pieces of the puzzle for coaster projects like Maxx Force and Goliath, not that they've had the opportunity in awhile. That is exactly what's begun happening here.

The first posts of these campaigns have been red herrings; Maxx Force in particular began with heavy waterpark teasers before switching gears. The focus on Mardi Gras Hangover's pad has coupled with scrutiny that the adjacent Roaring Rapids is currently in a state of disrepair; the sign is down and there is much work needed to reopen it. However it also sits closest to a neighborhood that regularly complains about the noise and did so more after Maxx Force was built. No big coaster there, they could be misleading us about the Mardi Gras location.

In any case however the pieces are in place for Project 2025 to be of considerable note, so worth paying attention to indeed.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Whatever this is, would it probably have been commissioned as one of the last Six Flags projects before the merger?

I’m guessing that we probably won’t get a taste of what Six Flags/Cedar Fair’s combined CAPEX ethos is until 2026 or later.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Remember: It's never too early to say a ride looks slow. It's only too late once someone has already said it. So if I may have the honour:

Looks slow.

DaddyHen29

Roller Poster
Yeah I saw that earlier...Demon's Spot possibly?
Six Flags recently got the name Wrath of Rakshasa and there have been rumors saying there will be a Demon revamp, too go with the rocks being removed, or adding something in the place of Mardi Gras but most likely first option since the latter is too small of a space