What's new

Six Flags Great America | Maxx Force | S&S Air Launch

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Looking at the images closer, the trains do have lateral bracing as part of the seat material. But the metal bars are right above, and only a few inches more to the side. Also, what's the point? To mount the seats? Can't they just do that like every other company? lol. Just seems horrible, hopefully it's ok in real life.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here's an awesome behind the scenes look of the ride and the trains, as well as some nice geek shots by Marcus Leshock:-
The ride looks awesome! Shouldn't be too far off testing now!

I wonder why the animation for the ride showed 3-car trains, when the ride has ended up having 4-car trains. Not that I'm complaining.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I wonder why the animation for the ride showed 3-car trains, when the ride has ended up having 4-car trains. Not that I'm complaining.
It's probably just one of those 'design development' things. The animations are probably commissioned pretty early in the process (they need time to produce and edit them well before the announcement), and the train length just happens to have been adjusted between then and now.

It's very common in construction projects. I've worked on several projects where the images and graphics used in the planning applications and public announcements end up being quite wrong compared to what finally get built. Always sort of 'close enough' but definitely noticeably different.

The park/S&S probably just went through so more design details as time progressed and decided they could run (both technically and operationally) longer trains.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's very common in construction projects. I've worked on several projects where the images and graphics used in the planning applications and public announcements end up being quite wrong compared to what finally get built. Always sort of 'close enough' but definitely noticeably different.

Famous example that has been in the news in Norway a lot recently, the new Munch museum in Oslo. Right: What the renders promised. Left: What the building ended up looking like.
70820469.jpg

It's like they couldn't get the blue, transparent material they had assumed to exist, and decided to wrap the building in highway crash barriers instead.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Video link not working....
Or am I just still asleep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This bit is the key. Tapatalk doesn't like embedded Reddit posts (it's why I tend to post the picture and link to the Reddit thread). Nothing you're doing wrong!

bernatc22

Mega Poster
Drive tyres have presumably been added at the highest point of the first elevated feature of Maxx Force. As far as I know, the park does not want the possibility of a rollback in any case, perhaps due to the launch system.
So yeah @CrashCoaster those empty support ends ended up with drive tyres, you were right all along hahah