What's new

Six Flags America |"Apocalypse"| B&M Stand Up

Lofty

CF Legend
:lol: That flame is SO random. It's not like it adds, well, ANYTHING to the ride at all.

oryp

Roller Poster
I just compared POVs of Iron Wolf and Apocalypse side by side, and it seems that the ride ran a little faster as Iron Wolf. I know it's because it hasn't completely broken in with its new paint and wheels and stuff, but I just thought I would point it out.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
As good as new! (Almost)

I like the theming of the ride, however scarce it may be...but the wing looks completely out of place! They've tried to replicate The Swarm and failed miserably, as you seemingly can't see it on the ride.

Lofty

CF Legend
oryp said:
I just compared POVs of Iron Wolf and Apocalypse side by side, and it seems that the ride ran a little faster as Iron Wolf. I know it's because it hasn't completely broken in with its new paint and wheels and stuff, but I just thought I would point it out.
Or the fact that different cameras have different recording speeds, memory cards also etc. etc.

AJ

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
:lol: That flame is SO random. It's not like it adds, well, ANYTHING to the ride at all.

It's not like you've ridden it, well, AT ALL.

The flame ejects from debris smashed up on the floor, and it's a pretty huge burst of flames. So not only is it visually impressive on and off the ride, but it's not at all random and is pretty awesome to fly past whilst riding.

Also, stop playing the **** card. You can't rock it, and your ability to insult and bring new members down is about as impressive as that **** of a 'scare attraction' you work in. Now go home.

Oh. I'm back, by the way <3

oryp

Roller Poster
I'm with AJ. The fireball is actually huge and is also a nice visual for those in the queue. It is also very well placed and timed so that everybody gets to see and feel it. Here's a nice pic from SFAfans showing just how big it is:

attachment.php

Oryp

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
The theming isn't horrible. The flame is actually pretty cool but the ride itself has to be one of the lamest B&M's I've seen.

oryp

Roller Poster
Venom2053 said:
The theming isn't horrible. The flame is actually pretty cool but the ride itself has to be one of the lamest B&M's I've seen.

The thing is, Georgia Scorcher, which is considered by many to be the best B&M standup, is incredibly similar to this in terms of layout. Iron Wolf / Apocalypse may not be the most exciting coaster ever, but B&M liked it enough to essentially reuse the layout in their most recent standup.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ B&M are notorious for reusing base layouts, only changing turns and inversions slightly.

Georgia Scorcher still ranks ahead of Iron Wolf's original layout because it takes better advantage of banked turns and pacing, where as Iron Wolf/Apocalypse has loads of straightaways and boring turns.

peep

CF Legend
oryp said:
I'm with AJ. The fireball is actually huge and is also a nice visual for those in the queue. It is also very well placed and timed so that everybody gets to see and feel it. Here's a nice pic from SFAfans showing just how big it is:

attachment.php

Oryp

OMG I love how there is steam coming out of the engine <3

Yeah that fireball is the best I've seen at a theme park and you can really feel it on the ride, it's amazing. The only issue this coaster has is that it's a stand-up, any other type of train and it would have been awesome. The colours on it, the scattered theming, the fire effect, it's a really nice addition to the park (not like I knew what was there before or anything but yeah).