What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Ethan

Strata Poster
If it is a holding brake, it would be quite exciting if the rotation on the cars was unlocked at this point, meaning the car would swing with the heavier side facing forward whilst hanging over that huge drop, meaning you might not know which way you'd face as you fall.

Of course, that might not be possible at all (I'm no engineer).

Mason Blaty

Roller Poster
If it is a holding brake, it would be quite exciting if the rotation on the cars was unlocked at this point, meaning the car would swing with the heavier side facing forward whilst hanging over that huge drop, meaning you might not know which way you'd face as you fall.

Of course, that might not be possible at all (I'm no engineer).
that would be really cool

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Oh my holy what <333333333
image.jpg

image.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nice! Possibly the best angle yet of these elements.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
This drop out of the station and the Dive Loop have to be some of the most epic portions of track ever located so early in a layout! It's Helix's first corkscrew taken to eleven.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well I guess that rules out transfer track below the station? Unless the lift is going to be in the station... which it's not.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Why is the title not in conditional ? Was the spinning aspect confirmed ? That would be a shame.
I haven't seen any sort of official announcement yet, so I've added the "?" for now. If someone's got proof otherwise, I'll change it back, but it'll all be sorted in a couple of days anyway.

Agreed, fingers crossed no spinning! :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
How tall would we say that first drop is? I'd say around 100ft, It looks similar to Maverick's.

And I'll put money on that it will have a top speed of 62mph.

Last edited:

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Well I guess that rules out transfer track below the station? Unless the lift is going to be in the station... which it's not.
I don't understand the statement? Are you talking about the temporary bridge they've built across the gap where the track will go? They did something similar in Outlaw Run's station and since we are getting a tour for the media event I'm pretty positive that's why it's there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It just looks a little more permanent to me. Particularly that dividing wall below, doesn't look very temporary.

Yeah, the bridge isn't going to be there, obviously.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
It just looks a little more permanent to me. Particularly that dividing wall below, doesn't look very temporary.

Yeah, the bridge isn't going to be there, obviously.
The "dividing wall" is only as wide as the temorary bridge. I imagine they added the "wall" between the beams for additional support