What's new

SFGAdv | Jersey Devil Coaster | RMC Raptor | 2021

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Testing with two trains now. Looking fantastic!

Really hope they do commit to the four train operations, or even three at least.
I love this testing video. This looks like one of my RCT coasters come true (read: perfect ops and tight dispatch intervals hit again and again).

I guess they will end up running 3 trains using a 4th to rotate or for spare parts. 4 trains would require guests and crew to be extremely efficient at all times, which is virtually impossible. There is always slow guests, people who decide not to ride last minute, etc.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
Does anyone know how they handle people with bags and drink bottles? With a moving platform is there enough time to jump through the train and place them on the other side of the platform before you have to be in the seat and checked by ride ops? I can imagine that being a headache.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Does anyone know how they handle people with bags and drink bottles? With a moving platform is there enough time to jump through the train and place them on the other side of the platform before you have to be in the seat and checked by ride ops? I can imagine that being a headache.
If the other coasters are to go by, I imagine they'll have someone at the queue entrance yelling at people to put anything and everything in a locker. :rolleyes:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
HAHA! Just like El Toro and Joker. I guess it's better than delaying ride ops.
If they want to pump those trains and crunch some good numbers they'll have to take the entire Nitro crew. I have not seen a faster crew, not even at Silver Star.

I am sure bags will have to be left in a locker before entering the queueline.

Last edited:

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
If they want to pump those trains and crunch some good numbers they'll have to take the entire Nitro crew. I have not seen any crew move faster, even at Silver Star.

I am sure bags will have to be left in a locker before entering the queueline.
The crew at Nitro is insane. They are so fast it's incredible to watch.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Just received the invite to media day on June 10th, so it'll open to the public that weekend.
Awesome! So glad to hear that!

I'm going to Six Flags Great Adventure 2 weeks after media day, so I'm really glad that Jersey Devil will be open then! I'm just hoping the lines will be manageable - would love to get lots of rerides at Great Adventure.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I filmed the video with a wrist mount while reaching around the reverse facing camera the park had mounted to the train, which shows how smooth it is. Definitely lives up to the hype and very re-rideable, even in the back seat (unlike Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster).