What's new

Seen But Never Been??

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
Always on the way for spring break, I always see Busch Gardens Tampa but I've been there 8 times so it doesn't exactly count :)

steel

Mega Poster
SeaWorld Orlando & Disney World because we had one day in Orlando and I chose IoA. So I guess also Universal Orlando since I stayed at IoA the whole time.

Also Frontier City in OKC on the way down I-35 to Dallas.

I drove past Worlds of Fun and Adventureland once when I was really little, but I've been to both of those lots and lots of times now. I also drove past Kings Dominion on the way to BGW when I was in like eighth grade and that almost gave poor little 14-year-old me a heart attack, but I've been there now too.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
After my trip to the White mountains in New Hampshire, I can now add Santa's Village and Six Gun City to the list. I could have gone to them, but I wasn't about to pay $20 a piece for one kiddie coaster.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Deno's Wonder Wheel at Coney Island when I went. I didn't really care about creds at the time so I didn't go to it.

Luxornv

Mega Poster
Only one I haven't been to but seen is Magic Springs in Hot Spring, AR. My brother lived in Arkansas several years ago and we were out there visiting him. I didn't know this park was there and wanted to go, but my family didn't want to. I was probably 14 at the time. Since then, I just don't think there's much else I'd like to do in the area to justify going back. I've had a few more on the list, but have since been back and visited those parks.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Major bump!
I've added some crappy parks to the list recently and actually visited some that I've only seen from the outside in the past.
Disneyworld and Universal Florida stay in the list and will be there for quite a while longer, since I have no plans on returning to Orlando anytime soon... Tivoli Gardens is the only other major place I can think of. As for the smaller places, the ones that make the list are Fiabilandia, Strabilia Luna Park, Gulliverlandia, Wild und Freizeitpark Klotten, Schloss Beck Freizeitpark, Magikland, 1. Kartner Erlebnispark and Plopsa Indoor Hasselt. I've also walked around Parc Les Poussins in Lille, but none of the rides were open on a weekday...

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Seen but never been - and never will go either - another nod here to Camelot. Saw it yesterday on the way back from Blackpool, still breaks my heart seeing Knightmare SBNO and slowly rotting away like that. :(

Dave

CF Legend
While I was on a college trip we visited one the Commonwealth graves near Ypres. I distinctly remember in the distance a Boomerang sticking out of some woods nearby, which is the Bellewaerde Boomerang (curiously first boomerang to open to the public).

Edward M

Strata Poster
I was across the street from Darien Lake Elitch Gardens when I was in Denver, but the family didn't want to go. It looked pretty crap anyway.

Last edited:

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I've seen KD multiple times while in Virginia but never went.
Also, we drove right past Carowinds' Entrance, but never went... :(

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Quite rare really, normally seen = been.

I've driven past Halmstad Äventyrsland and seen that through the window.
Saw Happy Live Park out the window of a coach.
And that Old Macdonald place I guess.
Shame.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
^ Think it's more about seeing places you didn't have the intention of going to.
Otherwise I'd add places I've got as far as the gate, been spited and backed away.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
As a teenager during a family trip I missed both Tivoli Gardens & Grona Lund. I regret not insisting on doing at least either one ever since =(

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
:( I passed two different parks in Cuba a few days ago.... But neither were open (closed on Mondays from what I gathered on TripAdvisor)
Drove past the entrance for Parque Lenin - https://rcdb.com/5220.htm
And was about 20 feet from Jalisco Park.... Saw everything there, including the kiddie coaster - https://rcdb.com/5843.htm
But since i was there actually touring Havana, to see as much of the city itself I could.... I wasn't terribly devastated. But it still kinda sucked seeing 'rare' credits

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Kings Dominion, Family Kingdom in Myrtle Beach, Palace Playland in ME, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas (didn't actually see it, but was under a mile away)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Drove past Kongeparken outside Stavanger the other day. Could marvel at the Reverchon spinner, and at the back of my head recall they've got a kiddie coaster in there too somewhere.

...and cry a little in the knowledge that those are the second and third largest coasters in Norway outside TusenFryd. To be honest, I felt like I was missing more when I drove past Flamingoland in 2007 and saw Kumali. And I've also seen Sea World's Mako from afar, as well as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Magic Kingdom. Come to think of it, Saw and Colossus at Thorpe too. Hm. For my abysmal coaster count, I've sure seen a lot of coasters I've never ridden.