What's new

Seen But Never Been??

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
The only one that comes to mind is Kings Island, but that was during this past offseason so even if I had time I wouldn't have been able to go. If it counts Lakeside Amusement Park in Denver I drive by pretty frequently while at school, but have never made it there.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I've definitely seen Camelot from the motorway many times, but have never been, hope to get there this year. I've driven past a few small parks in Wales, which I didn't visit because they all looked closed at the time and also Brean Leisure Park, which I'm visiting this year. I love driving past parks when in the car though, even though I have visited all these parks; I remember seeing Silver Star from miles away and it looked awesome. Other notable mentions are SFMM when driving from San Francisco to LA; Knott's looked great, could see Xcelerator from a while away; SeaWorld Orlando especially Kraken from the road.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
For the longest time Carowinds was one such park that my family drove past every time we went to the beach, but never went to. But I finally made it there last summer, so that no longer counts.

The only parks I can think of that I've seen but still haven't visited are Hershey Park and Dorney Park. My experience with Hershey was particularly unfortunate: years ago my family was traveling north to Connecticut to visit some family friends, and we budgeted in one day on the trip to stop at Hershey and go to the park. It just so happened that the one day that we had planned to go, the entire park had been rented out for the whole day by a separate company for its employees. So we made do by getting a tour of the Hershey's chocolate factory and going to some family fun center to play arcades and drive go-karts, but I was still bummed about the missed opportunity. I suppose I'll make it up there eventually though.

And as for this:
s15c said:
I've passed ... something something Pedro's (a wild mouse and coaster)...

I'm fairly positive you're referring South of the Border (link), the tourist trap on I-95 south between North Carolina and South Carolina. I've driven through it myself, and though I do remember a wild mouse coaster, I think it was SBNO.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Sea World San Diego.

I went past it (could see the CRED!!!) on the bus on the way to Mission Beach, and even though I was there for a week I didn't go to the park. I just couldn't justify spending over $40 for one mediocre coaster and some depressed killer whales.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
as much as it pains me i have driven by Darien Lake twice and have never been inside :( and i ve heard so much good stuff about it (n)

i hope to get there this summer

Kebab

Giga Poster
The only ones that spring to mind are Dream World near Bangkok, which I later researched and looked fab! That kinda depressed me. :(

And there was a theme park in Hanoi which looked like it was crumbling apart, quite an eerie sight against the tropical thunderstorm. HoTay theme park or something as I recall, it has a giant ferris wheel? :?

Other than those, just travelling fairgrounds etc.

Rush

Giga Poster
I've been past Kings Dominion, twice, but it didn't really bother me because I was heading towards a better park situated in Williamsburg. :wink: Also, it didn't have I305 at that point, and that's probably the only ride which really appeals to me at the park. (Although Dominator and Volcano look quite fun.)

Oh and I've also been past Camelot. That was almost 4 years ago and I still haven't been back. Meh.

Beans

Hyper Poster
The one just outside Glasgow near the M8 can't think og its name but I saw coaster track and got very excited but it was 6 in the evening so it would have been closed.
Drayton Manor, so many time been up the M6 Toll and seen the signs but never had the urge to go.

A

Anonymous

There are 3 that I know of that I have seen on my travels but never gone to, (there are several others that I have seen but later visited though):
Ocean Beach Pleasure Park - on our first major coaster trip, back in 2005, when arriving at Newcastle with the ferry.
Toyohashi Zoo & Botanical Park - zooming by with the Shinkansen train during the Japan trip in 2007.
Centr0 Park - going from Chranger Kirmes to our hotel in 2010.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I've never been to Flamingoland, and drove past in the February just gone, before opening season - I'm going up there for the live though, so not too long to wait!

My family and most of my friends are terrified of rides, so I don't get to do too many visits with them. I convinced my parents to go to Universal on our trip to Florida last year - luring them with the whole 50s get up and music shows, and managed to abandon them for RRR. But I didn't get to go to Islands of Adventure (it was most depressing) as it would have been awfully boring for them and I thought that would have been a bit too mean. Ohh well, I'm sure I'll go back at some stage.

I second Ian's thought about driving past Thorpe on the M3. I used to take that road every time I went back to see my parents (before I moved), and would always look out for Stealth in the distance - it's such an imposing sight :D

Mike

Giga Poster
I went past Fort Fun in Eastbourne when I visited the university there for an open day but have never been back. I also go past Old McDonalds Farm everytime I go that way on the M25 and have passed a sign for Gulliver's Milton Keynes quite a few times, but have never been to either of these either.

-5 coasters. :(

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I suppose I could include Gulliver's Warrington. I've never actually seen the park, but I've been through Warrington countless times on the train to Manchester, and more often than not have a "there's credz here" moment.

I'd just feel like SUCH a paedo if I actually went to the park though. I may have to kidnap my brother's kids at some point over the summer holidays to get the CREDZ. Sorry, I mean offer to take them out for the day.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Universal resort Florida and Disney World. Duhh, these park are way too expensive...

EDIT: Also Fiabilandia, I think...

cookie

Giga Poster
I've walked past Islands of Adventure towards the studios park at Universal but never been there. Now I regret not going there. :(

Martyn B

CF Legend
There's this park up in Nottinghamshire which I think is called something like Sundown Adventure Park. I went past there a couple of times a few years back.

Also, the infamous M25 Big Apple (Old McDonalds Farm). Nothing too major really.

Jake

Strata Poster
gavin said:
I suppose I could include Gulliver's Warrington. I've never actually seen the park, but I've been through Warrington countless times on the train to Manchester, and more often than not have a "there's credz here" moment.

I'd just feel like SUCH a paedo if I actually went to the park though. I may have to kidnap my brother's kids at some point over the summer holidays to get the CREDZ. Sorry, I mean offer to take them out for the day.

I'm guessing you could say the same for MK too?

This has never actually happened to me. The closest was probably seeing Dorney from the plane, then not actually getting the creds until a couple of weeks later. Same with driving past SFMM but not going for a week or so...