What's new

Snoo

The Legend
If bgw is getting a massive coaster while poor bgt is sitting over here with gwazi rotting away I might just be a whole lot of mad -_- [insert profanities here]

Let's be honest tho Kozmo.. with all the refurbs out there.. RMC may come a knocking soon. Much like Mean Streaks.. rumors can become reality if the noise is loud enough for long enough. And given the success from RMC in recent years.. that may be sooner rather then later.

Kozmo

Roller Poster
@Snoo I want it so bad but I'm not sure bgt can afford that kind of work right now thanks to blackfish and it's trail of lies

Snoo

The Legend
@Snoo I want it so bad but I'm not sure bgt can afford that kind of work right now thanks to blackfish and it's trail of lies

What does Blackfish have to do with BGT? They have limited animal attractions and mainly focus on their larger attractions in general. The park isn't known as a zoo like Sea World. As such, using money to refurbish Gwazi and that side of the park (which is VERY dead) would be a boon IMO.

Kozmo

Roller Poster
They are part of SeaWorld tho..... And from what I've seen I feel like most of the improvements are happening at SeaWorld Orlando than Busch gardens Tampa. Yeah beer is back and they have the whole beer club thing which isn't all it's cracked up to be only big change I've seen is tidal wave is gone and something about howl-o-scream bringing back the dinner show that wasn't there last year

MakoMania

Mega Poster
The Busch parks have had their capital investment cycle interrupted because they were nearly sold to Merlin. Thank goodness that didn't happen!

Snoo

The Legend
They are part of SeaWorld tho..... And from what I've seen I feel like most of the improvements are happening at SeaWorld Orlando than Busch gardens Tampa. Yeah beer is back and they have the whole beer club thing which isn't all it's cracked up to be only big change I've seen is tidal wave is gone and something about howl-o-scream bringing back the dinner show that wasn't there last year

Then now is the time to make things happen, and if redoing Gwazi is in the cards, they'd be doing things in a big way. And considering SWO just got Mako.. I have a strong feeling BGT wants to.. and really NEEDS to.. make a splash in the Florida market to stay up there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Moved the posts relating to the new stuff for 2019. Let's keep this topic for the Project Madrid (whatever that may be) discussion for now.

Pear

Strata Poster
If they actually get a giga that uses the terrain of the park I'll be so happy. This park already has a great lineup of ride and hopefully this makes it even better!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
No clue what their sources are but the site Wild Gravity claims this will be a multi-launch shuttle coaster.
http://www.wildgravitytravels.com/s...9-and-2020-new-ride-details-and-speculations/

we’ve been hearing giga coming from everywhere. While I’m not here to dispute that, I will say the coaster that is coming is described as a multi-launch shuttle coaster. The final drop and max speed will be seen from the Italy bridge in the park and the top speed will be 76 mph. Not sure that is fast enough for 300+ feet but we shall see. Also have no idea who manufacturer is at this time. Projected opening May 2020

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Multi-launch shuttle... in the Inverted Impulse Coaster sense, or something like the Premier Mr. Freeze models? Either way, it doesn't sound impressive just like that, but it's too early to say anything more than that.

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Sorry if there's already a topic for this, but according to Screamscape, SeaWorld Orlando are rumoured to be looking into a launch coaster for 2020. Here's what Lance had to say on the matter:
Screamscape said:
2020 - New Roller Coaster - Rumor - (9/16/18) Some interesting new rumours are starting to float around regarding the next big project for SeaWorld Orlando. If true, the early word is that SeaWorld may be planning on adding yet another coaster by 2020, and it may be the park's first launched coaster. Launched coasters within the chain are sort of a mixed bag when it comes to companies used to far, with Manta in San Diego being a Mack Rides coaster, Intamin and Premier Rides behind launched coasters in Tampa, and Premier Rides and Zierer behind the ones in Williamsburg.
So this begs the question about what kind of launched coaster experience would they add to SeaWorld Orlando? We know it won't be another Sky Rocket II clone like Tigris coming to Tampa, but would they go for a more terrain oriented style launched ride from Mack like the San Diego park did? Or might they dive back into the trusted B&M catalog of products once again and perhaps build a launched wing coaster, much like Thunderbird at Holiday World?
Anyone know more?
Very exciting stuff, if you ask me! I personally reckon a ride like Icon would work well at SeaWorld, but a family coaster could be good too, as the park's only mid-ground between the thrill coasters and Shamu Express is Journey to Atlantis, and that doesn't really have much of a coaster section, if you get what I mean. We'll have to see what happens here...
P.S. Here's the Screamscape link: http://screamscape.com/html/seaworld_florida.htm

Last edited: