What's new

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Wont be Intamin, but I'm delaying my next trip to Florida until 2020 instead of next year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Why won't it be Intamin?

I know they're having issues with Infinity Falls but they also did with Falcon's Fury and that didn't stop them buying more :p

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
A jet ski coaster would make sense, but the enthusiast in me would want something more like Manta at Sandiego (Come on SeaWorld, let’s see you get the best coasters in Orlando).

Hopefully it’ll be more Juvelen than wave breaker though.

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Sorry if this already has a thread, but I was just reading through Screamscape, and I found this regarding a potential coaster rumour for SeaWorld San Antonio:
Screamscape said:
2020 - New Roller Coaster - Rumor - (9/17/18) I'm not sure how true this is, but according to a posting at Wild Gravity Travels, SeaWorld San Antonio may be planning on adding a new small wooden coaster experience to the park as early as 2020. If true, then we have to wonder if they will go for something from the GCI like InvadR at Busch Gardens Williamsburg or something more kid friendly like Gravity Group's Oscar's Wacky Taxi built at Sesame Place.
A wooden coaster would be a good fit for the park, in my opinion, as SWSA currently lacks a wooden coaster, and it's also something that Six Flags Fiesta Texas just down the road currently lacks, too. I know they have Iron Rattler, but I'd personally guess that an RMC IBox and a GCI/GG wooden coaster would provide two very different ride experiences. However, I personally think that most of SeaWorld's recent rides (e.g. Manta, Mako) seem to have a very unique aesthetic to them, if you get what I mean, and I'm not sure if a wooden coaster would really fit that aesthetic, personally.

What do you guys think?
P.S. Here's the Screamscape link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/seaworld_texas.htm

tomahawk

Strata Poster
If it was a Mack it must already been ordered because Mack is booked until 2020, aren't they?
Considering these are typically done 2-3 years out, yeah, they would probably at least be in the finalization of plans phase.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

xxx374xxx

Roller Poster
2020 - [B said:
New Roller Coaster[/B] - Rumor - (9/17/18) I'm not sure how true this is, but according to a posting at Wild Gravity Travels, SeaWorld San Antonio may be planning on adding a new small wooden coaster experience to the park as early as 2020. If true, then we have to wonder if they will go for something from the GCI like InvadR at Busch Gardens Williamsburg or something more kid friendly like Gravity Group's Oscar's Wacky Taxi built at Sesame Place.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
They need it! A GCI weaving around those low scruffy forests in the park would be a great experience! I doubt they’d go GG with Switchback just across town but a GCI like Renegade would be great as long as they maintain it in that harsh climate.

If I were picking for them, I’d say either a marketable coaster that’s one of the best in Texas or a dark ride would be the way to go, and a GCI fits the former like a glove. Their lineup honestly isn’t that bad but it’s certainly missing something.

Lofty

CF Legend
I can't help but think it's just going to be a Ket Ski Rescue type coaster - which would fit really well amongst their other coaster line up and would hit the family market perfectly, especially after their last big investment was for thrill-seekers.

Pear

Strata Poster
I'm not opposed to a Wave Breaker style ride if it's more like Juvelen instead of Wave Breaker. The best option would be a Mack family launch though.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Their last big investment is Infinity Falls, which falls under the family bracket quite nicely ;)
Yes, but not everyone wants to get soaking wet, even on those hot summer days in Florida. Seaworld Orlando could definitely still expand their offerings in terms of major family attractions, and make the park more accommodating for families with children under 54".