What's new

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
This looks fairly legitimate, as NL2 doesn't let you render Skywarps and San Diego has already been confirmed to be receiving a Skywarp, but the other leaks are still suspicious.

If this turns out to be real, it looks like an aesthetically-pleasing, albeit cheap ride.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Thought BGW wouldn’t work with Intamin? If they do I’m all for it, but it makes me wonder if it’s exacrly what Soaring with Dragons is or some other manufacturer’s knockoff?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Thought BGW wouldn’t work with Intamin? If they do I’m all for it, but it makes me wonder if it’s exacrly what Soaring with Dragons is or some other manufacturer’s knockoff?
If you look at the blueprints, they show a turnaround, and if you look at the slide, it matches with the SwD element after the non inverting loop. Now this could be just the mock up they used to show inspiration, but I feel this could be the stateside model of SwD.

I'm assuming they solved their Intamin issues. I wouldn't object to a Mack either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
All we know is that it'll be a triple launch coaster, as in the triple launch that has one launch track and utilizes a rollback and reverse spike to make three passes by this single launch track. Intamin obviously built Soaring with Dragon and Dual Dragon, Premier has their Sky Rocket II and III models, and Mack built Star Trek and Capital Bullet Train. Honestly, it could be any of the three based on what we know at this point in time.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Honestly, my first thought for the manufacturer (if the leak is legitimate) was S&S. They’re manufacturing Finnegan’s Fling next year, so maybe it’s a package deal. It would be odd to go with another’s triple launch though, especially when it’s in such close proximity to Tempesto.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
No we don't. And why would they get a SRII? That's just redundant:D

We do - there is a reverse spike clearly depicted in the posted rendering. And nowhere was it said that they were getting a second sky rocket II - they already have Tempesto. I was stating which rides utilizing a triple launch were made by whom. If BGW were to go with Premier again, they would get a sky rocket III - a sister coaster to Full Throttle.

Lofty

CF Legend
clutching-at-straws.jpg

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Kinda pissed it wont be a Giga, but SwD looks nice. Hope they do more with the layout on this one. Yay for new intamin lap bars in the US!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Alright so I've attempted to clean this up. All future SW/Busch discussions will be in this thread, minus BGT as that has an announcement. We can break them down as we get closer to official announcements. A few thoughts though.

- Whoever leaked this is definitely fired

- It looks like this will get the parks close to the $150 million investment commitment

- SWSD is notoriously difficult for planning, I'm interested to see if they get the short end of the stick with just a skywarp, or if something else is coming.

- Busch parks are going to be must hit in 2020

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I was kind of assuming they were already fired. Big round of lay offs recently including quite a few higher level positions probably means some pissed off ex-employees with the stuff to leak.
One thing I've heard, not sure if I believe, is they were leaked to create buzz. I don't necessarily buy that, but a great way to counter negative publicity is to announce new stuff.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've just realized something:-
image0.jpg

ee368ec2fdf0ff018091e67f2a63d53a.png

This was taken at Skyline recently, and Skyline are subcontractors for GCI. Also, if you look at that element, it looks like it's part of a bridge, as in it bridges over the first drop. It's gonna be a GCI. And also to validate these plans as being legit, SWSA announced their Turtle Reef area after these were leaked, so unless these are legit, there is no real way that they would know that the woodie would be in phase 2 of this new area.
One thing that baffles me is how are SeaWorld going to fit a woodie into their park without it looking out of place?
Dn3psVlXcAAt-99.jpg:large

Last edited:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Ooh, interesting find @ATI . I do find it a little weird how Skyline would manufacture and assemble a segment of track before anything else(and 2 years in advance, at that). It could very well just be a 'proof of concept' for a relatively new element for them? I don't really know how 'involved' Skyline has been with GCI, so I might just be speaking out of my ass there.

Regardless, I am interested to see what will come of this new woodie. If that transition is any indication, then I'm excited.

Matt N

CF Legend
I believe that many of GCI's recent projects have been designed by Skyline Design according to RCDB, so I'd presume that Skyline have at least some involvement with GCI.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Skyline Attractions was formed after a few former GCI employees left after there were some "creative differences," and that is about all I know. I'm not sure what entailed them to leave in the first place or if the bad blood has been settled...but Skyline was formed by ex-GCI employees.