• wherever I can!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
We've not had this one for at least two months...

Where you you like to sit on a coaster?

EDIT: Topic title change...got ahead of myself :p

Mark

Strata Poster
My favourite place to sit is right up the front. I love being able to see where I am going and not have some the back of someone elses seat in my face.

A

Anonymous

I like both the front and back but had to go for back as prefer it. All depends on what ride it is though. N:I Front whereas Colossus I prefer the back. Lol.

Ben

CF Legend
Either at the front or back, and for me it does depend on the ride. On Shockwave I always try to ride at the front because it less rough, and Oblivion has to be ridden at the front. Although on AIR I will always try and ride at the back, because it is more fun and intense, so it depends but mainly the front.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'll always try to get to the back if possible. I much prefer the ride from there. However, there's nothing like the experience of riding the front of a coaster, just to have everything coming at you unobstructed...

thx

Mega Poster
I prefer sitting in the front or near the front. My seating depends on which coaster it's and how long I've queued for it. I think I've sat on the last row or last in the back, like for only 5 times, I just don't like it so much. Of course it's a different situation if you ride a wildmouse which has usually 4 seats.

A

Anonymous

Got to be the front. I always used to love the back, until i sat at the front of N:I then i went on the front on EVERY coaster, it makes the experience so much more better!

A

Anonymous

Front is essential for rides such as Steel Inverted where if you don't get the front you don't get to see anything. It can also be similar with nasty cramped intamin cars where all you see is the head restraint in front otherwise (sitting at the front on Colossus is also significantly less painful).

On woodies and other such coasters it's not really that important, you get the benefit of view at the front and a better ride at the back.

On AIR however, sitting at the back everytime gives the best ride, because everyone gets the same view and the forces are much higher at the back.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I'm a front man myself. I like the unobstructed view. Even on a coaster designed for airtime, I generally prefer the front, as you still get a degree of airtime, but with the view also. I even find Air to have a better view at the front, despite belief to disagree with it. The near misses are, well, nearer, or at least seem it, and the view is better, despite the fact you wouldn't think so.

Nadia

Mega Poster
Hmmm on wooden coasters I prefer as near as the front as Possible really. On rides like GeForce and Silver star, I love the back because I can't get enough of the feeling of more speed on a nice smooth steel coaster!! Best feeling ever!! Faster the better!

robertw

Roller Poster
You can't beat the back seat on Nemesis Inferno. Actually makes the ride seem good. The bit as you're coming off the chain lift where it feels as though you are being launched forwards is fantastic!

A

Anonymous

Depends on the ride, inverters / flyers etc, I prefer the front, but on most other things I'm not too fussed, the view doesnt bother me as much as the tasty forces :) But one a woddie, or a coaster like the ultimate (steel / wood), it has to be the back, much fun!

c&r

Mega Poster
For me, it REALLY depends on the coaster. ie : megafobia = very back, big dipper = first seat of back carraige, nash = second seat from back(though it is still good at the front) great bear = back. so generally the back or somewhere near the back.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
c&r said:
big dipper = first seat of back carraige

For once I agree with you, the Dipper does give a great ride from that seat, but a bloody rough one from the very back row.

Martyn

Giga Poster
I agree with Richard, for Inverted coasters, it's gotta be the front, especially Dueling Dragons, Air, like he said is clearly the best in the back, with some pretty cool flytime over the last little hill.
Wooden coasters are just crazy in the back.
Middle is just if I can't be bothered to queue for longer, front and back are both the best, depending on the ride.
Rita was pretty cool in the back, but a bit rough.

I'll do most coasters at the front at least once, especially if I have a certain piece of equipment strapped to my hand...

A

Anonymous

With woodies I prefer the back, since theres the most airtime generally back there. For normal steel coasters I prefer the front, because of the view, but middle is ok too. I generally try to avoid the back on steel coasters, inless people say that the back is less rough or something. There are exceptions to this though, like Invertigo. The back and front on invertigo basically give you the same ride, one way backwards at the back, one way forwards in the front. Generally I go for the back on it, since there almost always is less of a line for the back than the front.

c&r

Mega Poster
^yea, I do most rides at the front at least once now as my bro normally has a certain piece of equipment attached to his hand. (that was pointing towards martyn)

joe

Mega Poster
At the back on inverted coasters, what a thrill. Sometimes at the front for an experience. On flats I sit where ever I can. Exept Vortex and the Samurai!