What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ollie said:
I drove past Thorpe on New Years Day and it looks much better in real life than those photos make out to be. I could see slightly further round the front than those photos show and the themeing seems to be more detailed and bulked out there.
Don't forget that you don't go round the back that much apart from a small section of queue line so they aren't going to spend to much themeing it. Disney don't theme anything that the riders don't see. Look at the park from above and it looks like lots of metal boxes, and if you see videos and photos of people in Disneyland walking where guests don't usually go then the themeing just stops and it becomes a plain wall. You don't need to theme what people aren't going to see. Look at Inferno. The themeing that you can see is crap and really fake looking. But above the themeing the station is just a red box covered in plaster stuff.

Like others I say we don't pass judgement until the ride is open and we've had a proper look at it.
Also whoever was talking about cars. They have had photos taken off them but they haven't been posted on the internet.

Well done Ollie, I'm sure the chavs wont mind there being a giant big RCT-esque box covering Thorpe's latest creation. In fact they'd probably love it and get all excited saying stuff like "sick innit!" :wink:

Ollie

CF Legend
I know it looks like a box from the back because you're not going to be looking round the back. The entrance will be more bulked out so it looks less blocky. Those photos don't do the ride justice as I thought it looked really good the other day when I saw it. And there's still over 3 months till it opens which is plenty of time to neaten things up.

marc

CF Legend
^you mean the station/walk through part of the ride :)

I am looking at Saw in 2 parts, the station building part and then the coaster.

Its a bit like Charlie and the Chocolate factory ride at Alton, most people just do the boat ride part for the lift part at the end.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Come on guys, give thorpe some credit, they're really trying this time after a big triangle warehouse, a pool of water with a big ugly face that never actually gurgles water, a plastic volcano and a few horns and stripy paint.

Compared to all the other rides at thorpe (apart from tidal wave) this has already got at least the standard of theming.

danielmopgs

Roller Poster
SAW: The Ride, The theming so far...

Station Building
n510564049_1854364_7946.jpg

Headchopper effect
n510564049_1854351_1045.jpg

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^^Let us remember that NWO was the original owner's idea and not Tussauds...

Would like to see how close that headchopper is to the actual track... But it needs to be hidden imo from non-riders... Hopefully that will happen soon...

nealbie

CF Legend
^ Yeah

And that headchopper I'm sure will look brilliant from the top, seeing as you will go over the top of it at the initial drop. 100% taking my cousin on it now to crap himself :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
The headchopper will be hidden from guests view. You can see the steel frame goes back to behind the track so that it's enough to make a small hut that covers the headchopper and makes a neat little tunnel for the train to drop through. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thankfully the front of the building doesn't look at **** as the back.

Slash

Giga Poster
danielmopgs said:
SAW: The Ride, The theming so far...

Headchopper effect
n510564049_1854351_1045.jpg

HAHAHA ERECTION(bottom right corner)! Nice head chopper, although it seems to be a bit dangerous, what if the tallest man in the world with his arms up were to touch the Saw? Ah I see! They have turned around the saw so the points are facing away from the rider! I love this idea but they shouldn't have shown it. It should have been a surprise.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Slash said:
Nice head chopper, although it seems to be a bit dangerous, what if the tallest man in the world with his arms up were to touch the Saw?

Don't worry, they have a set of tollerances and H&S check the distances people are able to reach out, and make sure it's impossible. If it's possible for somebody 8 feet tall to reach out and touch, then they'll impose a limit on those people.

Mr Tickle screws things up, but I've heard he's not much into rides :p

Slash

Giga Poster
furie said:
Slash said:
Nice head chopper, although it seems to be a bit dangerous, what if the tallest man in the world with his arms up were to touch the Saw?

Don't worry, they have a set of tollerances and H&S check the distances people are able to reach out, and make sure it's impossible.

Oh Yeah! I remember watching them do that with Kingda Ka.

furie said:
If it's possible for somebody 8 feet tall to reach out and touch, then they'll impose a limit on those people.

Yeah, like Maelstrom at Drayton Manor is restricted to 2 metres. (I actually went on with someone who was 1.9.)

furie said:
Mr Tickle screws things up, but I've heard he's not much into rides

He actually is into rides but he's too busy being my bitch to ride them.

neo

Mega Poster
Those photos are a little old; here are some that I took yesterday. (In the freezing cold.) They’re perhaps more atmospheric.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1263/saweditml4.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9406/sawedit2ha3.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4151/sawedit3lp2.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/976/sawedit4ji9.jpg

Previously unseen theming around the turn before the lift and drop:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2641/sawedit5nn7.jpg

A glimpse of the off-load station:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5494/sawedit6zr2.jpg

The trouble is that Thorpe Park’s car park was closed, making photos of the front façade very difficult. Regarding trains, there was not one in sight, but there were a couple of shipping containers that looked about train size. The work yesterday (surprisingly) consisted of queue line construction.

The rest of the park was dead silent; Colossus still has scaffolding on its lift. Samurai is now in pieces around Canada Creek, Slammer is also in pieces, Loggers Leap’s lift was also pieces and Tidal Wave has major scaffolding at the top of the ride.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Slash said:
Ah I see! They have turned around the saw so the points are facing away from the rider!
Umm... have a second look at those blades...

And if those blades were set to rotate clockwise (as seen from the platform by the building), it should be mighty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.