What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Giga Poster
Yep, but the park doesn't open until 14/2.

Actually, looking at the website, it says it's only open weekends from 14/2, and the opens fully on 14/3, meaning it won't be open on either of the Friday the 13ths.

I think they'll probably aim for a March 14th opening of the ride, but with Thorpe's record, I wouldn't expect it to open until about June. :p

Rach

Giga Poster
Lain said:
I think they'll probably aim for a March 14th opening of the ride.

Lain is quite right there.

There's a countdown clock on the official Saw website which counts down to the opening. If you work it out, it is due to open on the 14th March.

There is a competition that you can enter to be in with a chance of going on the ride on Friday 13th March.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Rush said:
I very much doubt the ride will open at Midnight.

Why not? It would get them publicity, and they seem to think that the theme is pretty important, and this would just add to that.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Most people won't care THAT much about riding it that they'll stay up and wait for the ride to open at midnight, when they can just ride it in the day when it opens like any other ride.

Would be a cool idea though but it just won't happen.

A

Anonymous

look guys..... its not supose to be hidden about the cars anymore, its been said over the tinternet that they are suposed to look rusty and have blood stains over them... :--D

Rob

Mega Poster
^ I don't know, what is this about the queuelines?

Try to explain a bit more in your questions or comments. :roll:

A

Anonymous

ok, sorry

somebody said that the queue lines were really long and they would take ages to go down?

Rob

Mega Poster
^ Well, yeah knowing Thorpe, it will pull a huge crowd, but all we have to go on at the moment is one photo showing a cattlepen at the back and a couple of renderings of what Thorpe want the ride station to look like. The hope is there will be a fair bit of queueing inside and a good story portrayed along with various bits of themeing to keep the stresses of queueing to a minimum.

nadroJ said:
If they fill the queue with enough stuff I think it could be quite entertaining to look at whilst queuing.

Agreed, Test Track at epcot has a decent bit of themeing as you queue and certainly helped to keep me entertained, and it didn't just wear off on my first ride, because I always noticed something new, so if Thorpe push the boat out with the themeing it should be an enjoyable queue experience.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Jesus...

Even Speed's shed is better...

That looks incredibly awful from the pictures... Looks cobbled together, which I'm sure is not what all disused warehouses look like...

*Sigh*, they just had to stop stealing off Mystery Mine now didn't they :(

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Look at Mystery Mine

200704290170_183.jpg

Now look at Saw

IMG_0204.jpg

The differences in how good they both look are shockingly different... Even if we cannot see Saw close up yet, how bad does it look in comparison? When would you see 3/4 of a building as metal and the rest wooden at the top?

I really hope they plan to cover the bottom with more wooden planks tbh...

Deano

Mega Poster
I think the shed on Saw The Ride, being basic, looks better. Mystery Mines themeing (from that picture) looks to fantasy.

I mean, you could go somewhere and find a shed like the one on Saw The Rides, but the one on Mystery Mine just looks too exagerated. (sp?)

Status
Not open for further replies.