What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I second what is said here (Harvey must have been drunk, but also the over-publicity this ride gets). Look at Fluch von Novgorod, for instance. It's bigger, taller, faster, launched, has an unique element for a Eurofighter and track is going up, yet no more than two pages has been written about it. Though, if CF had been Germany-based (or had at least one active German member), I bet it would have been considerably longer.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Just wait until Alton announces what they will be building, thats going to be another huge topic.

I think the theming of the Saw film has added a large percentage of posts to this topic too. If it were just a Eurofighter with no theming what so ever, there would be nowhere near the amount of pages we have now.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I was in Chertsey today, so I got to go down monks walk and around the front side of the park. The head-chopper themeing is half up, the metal theming at the bottom of the lift is there and the east side is nearly done. I may have photos later...

....and Samurai hasn't moved / changed in any way since the last ride it did. Colossus looks much cleaner. The place is really erie when there is no-one about!

Edit:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 1396873945

Hope that works.

A

Anonymous

That looks awesome now.

Saw looks killer the building gives it the beaten up and horror feel.

If they are cleaning up colly it looks good again.

Ferno looks like its had a clean up to.

Ollie

CF Legend
^You think everything is crap though. :p
I think it looks great. And I'm not jut saying that.
Go on have some faith in your home park for once. I know they've messed up most things but they've got to do something right sometime soon...
...right? :lol:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ollie, you do realise Ben is only in London due to uni, hence Thorpe isn't really his HOME park...

But I agree, the building looks like sommat I built in RCT3... Gah...

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, please don't tarnish me by saying Thorpe is my home park. That would be Alton.

And that's where I've seen those walls before, RCT. Gash.

Ollie

CF Legend
^The reason why we're saying it's good is that so far they have stuck more or less exactly to their concept art plans of what the outside is going to look like. It looks really cool as well and when it's finished will help create quite an atmosphere. :)

marc

CF Legend
Yes but at the moment its a building.

Anyway its pointless going on about it, but this topic is about the best on CF for a good laugh.

Oh look a new brick has been laid, lets all say how great that brick looks :)

Slash

Giga Poster
I think I just wet myself! WHAT BRICK, WHERE! I DIDN'T SEE ANY BRICK! They should totally have a life camera feed so we can all shout at CF whenever the people move.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
What evidence do you have on this Brick? Post a photo or a link to a site with photos of the Brick please.

Slash

Giga Poster
10WaTT said:
What evidence do you have on this Brick? Post a photo or a link to a site with photos of the Brick please.

Do you really want to ask that, after all, laying a brick has two very different meanings.

Rush said:
Project Dylan was named after the Marketing Director's cat, Dylan

It's things like this that make me giggle then think, lucky cat...

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Never mind Thorpe, it just seems to be a Tussauds/Merlin thing to use human names for projects, with Rita as well. At least Dylan is a decent name! Did someone at Alton have a fish called Rita or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.