What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Saw: The Ride

I can't wait for this to open. Will it be better than Speed at Oakwood?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I didn't realise the car was going to travel under large saws after the first drop, i swear it was like a little shed in the artwork. that's pretty cool though, I like that. I presume as you go over the drop they'll be directly underneath you since the drop is more than vertical. I hope that's going to be as cool as it sounds.

N with the station, my excitment just dropped. It is just an RCT building, but hopefully it'll look less plain when it opens. Surely it'll have some nice frontage on the sheets.

Ollie

CF Legend
^The "hut" will still be there at the bottom of the drop but it will have those blades spinning round under you as you drop down and it gets used as a "head chopper"

Kebab

Giga Poster
Is there going to be a new official video this month :? I was awaiting for it yesterday but looks like nothings happened even today....

Hmm.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
That's cos Thorpe realised that the campaign has slowed considerably atm?

Either that or they don't have any new footage due to the construction...

Rush

Giga Poster
To be honest we pretty much know everything. It's got up to a point where either it'll be showing us too much and therefore spoiling the surprise or they'll be repeating the same old 'I want to play a game...' crap.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
I still fail to see how a ride that brings absoloutly NOTHING new to the UK can merit 126 pages (and counting) of topic.

You all make me sick.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^ Ha! Very true Joey.

In terms of coaster, maybe it doesn't bring anything new. But we haven't seen a well themed coaster for many a year. That's personally where my excitment comes in. I think the Saw theme is an incredible one to try and portray into a coaster.

Ollie said:
^The "hut" will still be there at the bottom of the drop but it will have those blades spinning round under you as you drop down and it gets used as a "head chopper"

That does sound pretty cool. Shame that the rest of the coaster post this doesn't really have any theme. That's definately my largest criticism of this coaster right now.

marc

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
^ Pretty much sums up ever coaster in Universal Studios...

Mummy is themed as is the Woody Wood one.

If you mean IOA then no they are not themed but they are world class coasters, so just a slight difference :)

Slash

Giga Poster
^ I think he was more surprised as to what you said.

I must say that I hope they don't reveal anymore, revealing the saw at the bottom of the drop was a bad idea in my opinion. It was probably their signature element and they ruined the surprise.

EDIT: I believe the new video we have all been looking for is not in 13.6 its the Experience Saw video! (Unless my pc was different and just used 13.4 for no reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.