"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Rush said:
^Actually Speed opened on the 13th first. :p

But not on a Friday was it? That's what I'm getting at... So much is actually being copied off Mystery Mine it's not exactly original...

But the GP in this country probably would never have heard of Mystery Mine.

Okay so we may know this has been used before but do the public? No, and it's going generate more interest in the ride, it's just clever marketing that's all.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
If the theming on this is as good as MM's, the ride could be spectacular given the combination of high quality theming and the quite expansive layout.

That being said, beside the inversion prior to the lift hill, there does not appear to be any other indoor sections.. So I don't see how theming to could be integrated to the same extent as it is on MM.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Rush said:
^Actually Speed opened on the 13th first. :p

But not on a Friday was it? That's what I'm getting at... So much is actually being copied off Mystery Mine it's not exactly original...

Speaking for the majority of British public who may not have an idea what Mystery Mine is; they wouldn't care if its original or not!? Merlin chose this ride for many reasons. It'll be the first "Over-vertical" drop coaster among the more "popular" English parks, and because Thorpe attracts so much attention with youths; these will be looking for the overall thrill, they wouldn't care what its based on. I thank them for the atmosphere they will produce, Heck, it's better than a Eurofighter with no effort put into the layout and stripped from theming.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
coasterchris93 said:
It'll be the first "Over-vertical" drop coaster among the more "popular" English parks, and because Thorpe attracts so much attention with youths

I disagree with two things here:

1. Oakwood is actually quite popular. It isn't a merlin park so does not attract HUGE crowds, but along with perhaps Blackpool and Drayton, it is one of the most popular non-merlin parks.

2. The appropriate term for 'youths' is chavs, they know that, we know that :wink:

Kebab

Giga Poster
2. The appropriate term for 'youths' is chavs, they know that, we know that

Couldn't agree with you more; I'd love to see a day when I walk into Thorpe Park and lacks the existance of chavs.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Wouldnt we all coasterchris :D

Edit: yes i have Emmitt, its not criminal, but deemed offenseive.

I say, who gives a ****! Peeps call em a nerd and i dont go all 'oh thats really offending me!!'

Kebab

Giga Poster
Emmett said:
ciallkennett said:
2. The appropriate term for 'youths' is chavs, they know that, we know that :wink:

Did you not hear the news, calling people chavs is criminal:- :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/07/17/do1706.xml

I suppose its similar to the respect of racism etc.
To be quite honest "chavs" seem to acknowledge it; if they're being told they don't really care.

And what is the world coming to!? Soon we won't be able to call a person by their name without being classified as an offence! :shock:

We'll have to wear customised nametags by the government :lol:

Anyway; apologies to steering off topic. And one question; Thorpe didn't think of the name Project Dylan? Did they? Why do they do this! :cry:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
coasterchris93 said:
And one question; Thorpe didn't think of the name Project Dylan? Did they? Why do they do this! :cry:

Im not sure, i saw it on a 'recreation' on youtube. That was when i first saw it, and it seems thats the name thats stuck throughout.

However, 13.08.08 may bring the official name...

A

Anonymous

The new coaster at Thorpe park looks like a beast with it's drop and i can't wait to see it.

Lofty

CF Legend
I haven't been on CF in ages and came back to this topic up to page 15, I couldn't beleive it :shock:.

I do agree with everyone though about the trailer, its not the best is it... I mean, I suppose its doing its job and getting everyone saying WTF's going to happen on 13th August?!?!

I do hope its the full release of the coaster though, I really want to hear the name.

It's nothing on Mystery Mine's publicity though is it :pI haven't been on CF in ages and came back to this topic up to page 15, I couldn't beleive it :shock:.

I do agree with everyone though about the trailer, its not the best is it... I mean, I suppose its doing its job and getting everyone saying WTF's going to happen on 13th August?!?!

I do hope its the full release of the coaster though, I really want to hear the name.

It's nothing on Mystery Mine's publicity though is it :p

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
hey i will try and get some pictures of the construction site later this week as i am going looking at the promotional video it is really rubbish they could have done better. The ride however looks like it will be good.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The Stealth topic was better...

This won't reach such heady heights... Unless more people complain about it being an Eurofighter :lol:

Airtime Cadet

Roller Poster
Hooray! I went there today and there's fancy machines and a big trench dug into the ground.

And I really hope it's as well themed as it is on the posters.

A

Anonymous

Footers have gone in, Im on site tomorrow so will get some new pictures.

scan

Mega Poster
Fianlly a ride that will force me away from riding collosus on my london,essex around there area trip next summer :p

Status
Not open for further replies.