What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
^Eh?

Anyways, this ride will clearly have no airtime. If you insist on arguing it with me, I'll draw a picture in MSPaint to prove you wrong using parabolic hills and comparisons to rides of completely different types.

Can we have the picture anyway? Just to try and moves things away or sommat? :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
87 pages of a coaster that is probably going to turn out to be ****....and has only just ahd its name revealed...

Imagine if Alton got a new coaster announced...it would be manic...

peep

CF Legend
Slayed said:
If it's as scary as the ghost train in Brean, I'll be impressed :p.

If its anything like that I'll be over the moon, but it won't be, that would be too scary for Thorpe me thinks.

I'm very intrigued by the whole concept and the website has been made quite well. I feel this could be great (obv not as good as we hoped) and should be a good addition to the park.

So yeah I'm being optimistic about this and I can't wait to see more.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
87 pages of a coaster that is probably going to turn out to be ****

Imagine if Alton got a new coaster announced...it would be manic...
Remember all the forpe fanboys/girls like to say OMFGZZ dis is a sick ride blud init, saw iz ma fav film and i want its babies.

I hope it turns out good though :)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Dave said:
^ That post contributed more to the topic.

True. Therefore, i shall post this post and none more(for now :p)

So, some points i want to say:

1. It needs good themeing
2. Fail on themeing = failed ride
3. I want to go opening day and will be entering the proposed comp for first public train.
4. We can ignore the ':The Ride' part. I will. Just like 'Speed: No Limits', most peeps now call it just Speed.
5. Layout = OK, not too spectacular
6. It will be chavtastic
7. Relating to the point above, chavs will think it is 'well bad' as it going 'down, blud, like down all the way' and will be amazed by its themeing of 'blood, blud'

[/Final post]

Beans

Hyper Poster
Hyde244 said:
For those of you who overhyped the ride, look at it this way.

SAW will be the longest, tallest, and fastest Eurofighter yet, not to mention the steepest drop in the world.

Speaking strictly layout, SAW will arguably be the best Eurofighter.

What's more, Mystery Mine is famous for its creepy abandoned mine overtone.

Though it's no haunted mineshaft, SAW does have a creepy overtone. :razz:

There's no reason to complain.

If you don't like the theme, enjoy the fact that the instant you leave the station, you will be riding the biggest Eurofighter around.

I second that Matt, we should be greatful not moaning. I am looking forward to riding it. I think it should be a great ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ollie said:
Just been reading through the comments to the Youtube video and someone asked...

blackpoolwrestling
How true to the films is the ride going to stay?

wwwTHORPEPARKcom
To distinguish between the films and the ride. A decision made between both THORPE PARK and Lionsgate.
Not sure exactly what that means. :?
They are saying the story plot of the ride will be different than the movie.

For instance, Star Tours does not reflect the story plot of Star Wars. Though it features characters and ideas from the movie, it is not the same story.

Dave

CF Legend
Here's a question. Do you think in the new SAW film they will mention this ride? As if its being released worldwide it would be an opportunity for Thorpe to get a bit of subliminal advertising worldwide.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Matt said:
SAW will be the longest, tallest, and fastest Eurofighter yet, not to mention the steepest drop in the world.

Speaking strictly layout, SAW will arguably be the best Eurofighter.

Second fastest, and second tallest :p

I LOVE how these discussions follow a set pattern:

1. Premise is released and fanboys hype it to hell
2. More is revealed, it's less exciting than everyone thought
3. All the haters join in on the wave of dissapointment
4. Supporters join back in saying "it's not that bad, really"
5. ...
6. Profit!
7. People finally ride the thing, and say it's "meh"...

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'm not too happy about this ride. I think people are going to love it and it's going to be very good at what it does. But since this is going to be a horror movie themed dark ride, I'm going to have trouble being persuaded onto it. And the ride section looks awesome as well. Damn.

Tom

Hyper Poster
^ I can imagine it...

If the gore bit is anywhere near as good as Brean I can die happy. After riding it.

Name is **** but what can you do.

That's my contribution.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ian, I agree with you, except...

Why not make it a decent, hardcore ride and theme it like this? Why take a family ride, then make it unavailable to families.

Either the ride will be 'meh', or to make it family friendly, the theming will be 'meh'. It fails either way.

Erm, not to the GP though, who will lap it up anyway, so it's actually an epic win for Thorpe :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ploddish said:
Second fastest, and second tallest :razz:
What is the tallest and fastest then?

I could've sworn I had my facts straight! :lol:

Also jayjay, you're overblowing the SAW theme.

SAW is a horror film, but they aren't going to have exploded carcasses with skeletons jumping out at you.

It won't be totally kid friendly, but you'll be able to make it through the queue to the station, where after it will just be a simple ride on an Eurofighter.

Mark

Strata Poster
I may be being completely blonde, but has anyone seen this video yet? I don't remember it being posted...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j3BiaEoP_w[/youtube]

Very good little advert...

Mark

Strata Poster
Thought it might be. Wasn't sure though, considering the ride name was only announced a little over 24 hours ago...

Here's a question. Do you think in the new SAW film they will mention this ride? As if its being released worldwide it would be an opportunity for Thorpe to get a bit of subliminal advertising worldwide.

No.

Thorpe doesn't need worldwide advertising, because to put it bluntly, it sucks compared to other parks. I mean, it's hardly even a huge park, and it's not a resort or anything where people spend days and weeks there as far as I know (and if it happens, it's probably rarely).

Frankly, people in North America aren't going to care about some medium sized amusement park in England when we have way bigger over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.