What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

CF Legend
The Dylan is the name of an engineer at Thorpe I believe and its the name of the project, hence Project Dylan.

Jools

Giga Poster
I bet if the park decided to put it up now, it would be erected before the end of the season (by far!)...

Although there are some slight technical differculties :lol:

No track, that would be the major one though... :roll:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh Lord give me mercy.

It has begun...

Kebab

Giga Poster
I think Merlin have got the spark to attract attention to Thorpe. A euro-fighter. Right; they are obviously going to focus advertising on its 97 degree drop; although this won't interest us as enthusiasts but will attract youths looking for fun. Most teenagers don't care what manufacteurs the rollercoaster, just what it has, and I'm sure Thorpe fanboys would not have seen an over-vertical drop on a coaster before.

Its all pretty simple really :)

And hopefully Merlin could do with getting some friendlier staff.

peep

CF Legend
Mat said:
Yeah looks good, looks like they have shortened Colossus's Queue line then!

What gave you that impression? They haven't touched the queue line, just looks different cause they got rid of all the foliage and put up some boards, thats all they've done, nothing major there.

spicy

Giga Poster
peep said:
Mat said:

What gave you that impression? They haven't touched the queue line, just looks different cause they got rid of all the foliage and put up some boards, thats all they've done, nothing major there.

It has been shortened, but by not alot at all.

http://2009coaster.maniahub.com/content ... 0_2816.jpg

The queueline used to go all the way up to that fir tree then turnaround.

Mat

Hyper Poster
peep said:
Mat said:

Yeah, basically what spicy said. The tree that is towards the right of the image is where the queue used to extend to, can't seem to find a picture though! Was really uneccessary and I have never queued where that section has needed to be used, so was a waste of space and was annoying when they had the entire queue open, having to walk around the entire thing!

marc

CF Legend
The plans for Stealth were for Xcelerator, as much as I like it I think its better with the air time hill.

I am still finding hard to get excited about this coaster. The 2 Euro Fighters I have been on have not really been up there.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
This has ****ing pissed me right off. The new layout is much better, but I just finished my ****ing re-creation of this ****ing thing thats taken me 6 bloody months to do, then they go ****ing change it. Another few bloody months of re-making it then. Ah well, this is taking priority over the exams.

Sorry for this comment, but its just really pissed me off.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Don't go changing the first one yet.

Edit a copy of it, then you can show a before and after.

I'm not really sure what to make. Hopefully the new hill will be like Speed's; nice and forceful.

Mat

Hyper Poster
I expect someone complained, or there was a problem with the design in some way, that just didn't work. I doubt very much that they 'just got rid of it'!

Status
Not open for further replies.