What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie

CF Legend
I like the way they've tried to make the ride information board more interesting by putting "Saw: The Rules of the Game. :p
P1030358.JPG

And that outdoor queue looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
P1030388.JPG

Mark

Strata Poster
Ollie.... honestly... chill out dude... It's a flipping sign. That sort of thing gets done all the time! It's a cool way of putting it, but it's really nothing new... (perhaps I have just been spoilt by the likes of Disney and Universal....)

The queue line looks quite claustrophobic though, which for the desired effect is very wicked, i'll give you that...

Also, I know it has been mentioned previously about those saw blades rotating at the first drop... to me it does look as though it is possibly for them to be rotating.

http://projectdylan.co.uk/Construction/131
If you look at picture 12 (4th row down, 3rd across). the axle clearly feeds into a box and that box definately sticks out and also looks as though has openable access to get inside of it. Which would suggest to me that there is some kind of working mechanism in there..... Although, I do keep looking at it and wondering.... It would be great if it did! would make more sense and would definately add to the fear level.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Reminds me of Kanonen's queue line at Liseberg and that was awful to stand for a long time so I'm not fancing the idea of Saw's one.

I hope there is going to be a fastpass because I couldn't be bothered with all this pre-ride show stuff. I'm not into any of the Saw films so I just want to ride the coaster.

Dave

CF Legend
I don't like the whole Live actors thing, like many have cited its not going to work that well. Im tempted to get a fastpass and skip it all, as im not a big fan of live actors.

Tbh those photos aren't doing justice, I'm gonna make up my mind whether the ride is good until the day now, as im sick of the jizzing and bitching over the ride.

costar

Mega Poster
Mark said:
Also, I know it has been mentioned previously about those saw blades rotating at the first drop... to me it does look as though it is possibly for them to be rotating.

I noticed Joey mentioned the rotating thing earlier too. It will rotate. I'd bet any money on it. You're right, they'll be a motor in that housing.

I wouldn't bet on it spinning wildly though. Every time a shaft turns the direction of load is effectively changing too, so it will fatigue very quick.

It'll turn, but slow.

elmerfudd said:
answer the question that everybody has been saying, about the saws being in a shed, why hasnt that gone ahead?

This is obvious too. The design developed. Why put a rotating saw in a shed where no-one can see it. Not even the riders really at 50mph. It is a feature piece of theming and much more effective in the open.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
What a gash queue...

And Ollie's over enthusiasm for the sign made me lol, the amount of guests who actually bother reading them is so low that most of the time that'll be missed...

If all the queue fences are gonna be tall... Gah, awful, awful external queue... Then the inside will be made worse through the actors... Stupid theme... :roll:

Ollie

CF Legend
Lol. I am turning into a bit of a fanboi for this ride. :lol:
It's just that so far this is looking like a ride I've always dreamed of a park getting as it mixes everything I like together. And because it's at Thorpe which I visit often is even better. :D

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Oh for christ sake, will you people stop beating Ollie down. All this topic is is Ollie being enthusiastic, everyone complaining against him, and then the occasional stfu.

Ollie

CF Legend
Thanks Joey. It seems that I'm the only one looking forward to this. Thorpe are trying to make this ride as good as they can. They're not making some half assed attempt because they're themeing it to a film franchise. They've done loads to try and please guests. They've added loads of themeing to make you happy as everyone always complains about how Thorpe suck at themeing so they're trying to change this. They're trying to make long queues less boring by adding scenes and scares to keep you entertained in the queue, and hec... they've even changed the whole last section of the track to include and air time hill try improve the ride.
But yet people still sit here and moan (even if you think it's a joke) "It's at Thorpe so it fails", "This ride sucks". Please, just screw your head on for once and give them a chance. You've seen what Merlin can do with Mutiny Bay at Alton. And we already know that this has surpassed the quality of that so they are always trying to improve and better themselves with each ride with the public in mind as they know if the guests don't like the ride then they're less likely to return to the park.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Doesn't say anything about being 12 on the notice board?

It's probably there you know. There is a lot of warnings there.

But it'll be a "not recommended for riders under 12". It won't be enforced though, just a recommendation.

Probably.

marc

CF Legend
I was not impressed with Mutiny Bay at Alton so that means nothing to me, as I said before Martyn walked passed it and did not even notice the ride lol that sort of says it all. It was rather funny at the time.

I am not dead against Saw, trust me I want it to be better than I expect it to. I also dont think anyone is knocking Ollie, just people like me are looking at this from all angels well I am anyway. I do think Thorpe have done a good job and have put a lot of effort in, and as I said before its good they went for a coaster that dont keep breaking down.

For me though I care about the coaster not the station, so for me so far its below what I expect from what is meant to be one of the best parks in the uk. Sorry but thats my view. I am looking forward to riding it but as I said before I really do not care about the station, I might be shocked and really like it but I am not a fan of walk throughs hence why I dont do the stuff at GF. I do not think they have catered for people who dont like walk throughs at all, there does not seem to be a way to avoid it unless you want to pay to miss it which is wrong.

To sell the ride on the walk through part does not work for everyone, yes you are never going to please everyone. I just find it very hard to get excited by a new sign or police car I would rather the money have been spent adding some theming to the coaster thats my view on it.

spicy

Giga Poster
southend_marc said:
I just find it very hard to get excited by a new sign or police car

That made me lol.

As for the queueline I think it looks good, sure as hell going to stop people queue jumping!

I think the whole area now looks really good and is all starting to come together now.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
Thanks Joey. It seems that I'm the only one looking forward to this.

Why'd you say that? Just because some of us are slating parts of the ride, doesn't mean we aren't looking forward to it too. I certainly am, but then I can bring myself to critique parts as well. Nothings perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.