What's new

SAW: The Ride - Download on page 20

Ollie

CF Legend
Right here a a couple of images to show what I've done inside so far. Bear in mind that both aren't finished and need neatening up. I've made it so the images move and tried to put some lighting on it to show what I'm going to do with the finished thing. I'm going to use an after effects program when making the video and the same things you do with green screen so that everything moves inside the building otherwise it will just be still and lifeless. Please excuse the jerkiness of these GIF images as I just made them quickly to show you what I'm planning to do.

For the pre-show bit I'm going to use after effects to make a spotlight shine on Jigsaw while he does his speech.
Saw15.gif

When making this I forgot to put it in 3D view so that's why there's lines everywhere and why it doesn't look that realistic. I plan to use green-screen stuff to put the swinging blades on the ride afterwards and use a strobe effect to activate the strobes on the spikes as you drop.
Saw16.gif

As usual any comments, questions or tips will be appreciated here. Especially now that I'm working on the inside of the building.

A

Anonymous

Looks good, I love the Jigsaw puppet, human shaped modeling is difficult when your used to simple shapes. Looks great. Im doing the inside of the building too! =D Come on msn or something i want you to explain something to me =D

A-Kid

Giga Poster
This is awesome Ollie.

Just remember:

On the Billy Pre-show keep him in yellow lighting and the walls surrounding with dark green. Remember only a small amount of the wall is lit.

The blades will need a hint of purple/light green for the UV effect used and the spikes a glowing white. Done an example below.

sawblades.png
sawbladesuv.png

Im loving the project. Keep it comming :--D

Ollie

CF Legend
Ok thanks. I couldn't remember what textures/colours were around Billy on the pre-show. Also I couldn't remember if there was anything behind/under the blades.
It's quite difficult as I'm having to do it all by memory as there aren't any pictures from inside the ride (don't know where you go that pic from A-Kid). If anyone does find any images for me to use as reference when modelling then it would be a massive help.
I'm also trying to find as much ride audio as I can. I've got most the queue announcements and the exit, audio, also about half the audio that plays outside the ride, but if anyone knows where I can find any more then that would help as well.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm back now so work should continue from now on. I hope to have the indoor done as soon as I can so I can start covering it up and put it all together in the sim. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Sorry for the triple post. Got some more screens...

Started working on some of the catwalks and emergency staircases today. Here you can see the catwalk following the track round to the drop. You can also see that I've added some more walls to divide the scenes up.
The stairs are almost complete. Just need to add railings and signs to the main catwalk and put some more poles on the handrails of the staircase.
Saw72.jpg

An updated shot of the indoor drop. Notice the new texture for the axes. I know the spikes are currently the wrong shape as they're more square than rounded so I'll try and change that soon.
Saw73.jpg

And working on the crossbows which are apparently enlarged syringes (according to A-Kid) in the corridor next to the inside drop.
Saw74.jpg

So what do you think?

Cernuschi

Roller Poster
Really is looking amazing.

I can't remember exactly but i thought there were alot more crossbows than what you have.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah there are alot more crossbows. It was just at 1am this morning I decided to go to bed so left the rest till another time. There's not that many left to do anyway, just a few more on that wall and then the same mirrored onto the wall opposite.
Thanks for your comment.

Ollie

CF Legend
Another update. Work on the bathroom scene (inline twist area) has begun.
Yes I know Jigsaw on the floor looks crap but that's kinda the best I can do when modelling humans as they are extremely hard to do. I may try again in the future though to make it look better. But the train spins over it so fast in the dark anyway are people going to be bothered it it looks that good anyway.

Anyway enjoy this screen.
Saw19.png

A

Anonymous

Ollie

Its looking real good. can't wait to ride it once finish. :--D

Ollie

CF Legend
I've taken the trailer down for a bit as the darkness of it was annoying me.
So the new trailer is just reuploading so you can see inside much clearer.
It's loading as I type so when it's online I'll let you know.
Thanks for the feedback so far. :)