What's new

SAW: The Ride - Download on page 20

Ollie

CF Legend
Thanks.
I'm going to see if I can change the texture on the blades as I may have put a bit too much blood on it. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Work continues with the rides station...

Saw4-1.jpg

Ollie

CF Legend
Added some more stuff now.

-Barrels by the windows
-Door by the barrels
-Door and windows on the upper part of the station that's supported by scaffolding.
-Staircase from ground floor to station level

Sorry for no images of the track at the moment. I'll try and get some for you soon but the track isn't supported or anything yet and will probably look crap without the 3D's in the sim.

Saw5-1.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Wow, there has been a lot of progress since I last checked in here!

The 3D's are looking very nice, and accurate. Is the track going to be accurate though, as in height of elements and length?

Or are you just going to make it roughly similar?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Slash said:
Ollie, how do you make such beautiful 3Ds?
Time and effort usually. ;)

It's looking really nice Ollie, I hope you can make the trackwork work nicely too. If you pull this off I'll be very pleased.

How much of the surrounding area are you going to do?

Ollie

CF Legend
UncleArly said:
Is the track going to be accurate though, as in height of elements and length?
I've got the lift hill, immelmann and overbank exactly the same height as the real ride at the moment.
The G's also hit 4.6 at the bottom of the drop (they hit 4.7 in real life so not too far off).
I'm just now trying to get good transitions and making it smoother.

I also need to sort out the small outdoor bit before the lift hill as that's currently too short as I need to place screens in front of the base of the lift hill.

Hixee said:
How much of the surrounding area are you going to do?
I plan to do the whole island so up to the bridge that gets you into the area next to Samurai. (I'm not building Samurai though)

Also. Does anyone know how to make a brake run that stops the car for a few seconds then pushes it forwards?
I need to do that at the bottom to simulate the car waiting to be caught on the hook.

Thanks for the comments so far though."

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^It's quite easy, but will only work in full-circuit mode. Just tick off for "Complete stop", then set stop wait time. Add a transport, and set speed and stuff. If you're in shuttle mode, the train will stop, the keep going immediately.

And this looks brilliant! Keep it up!

Ollie

CF Legend
^I tried that but then the car went through it and just jolted forward and kept stopping about 4 times in a short section of track.

Xpress

Strata Poster
For brake settings, you gotta play with them. You can adjust the lift speed so that the train smoothly enters it. Set the stop wait time to 3 seconds (average on eurofighters) then set acceleration force to 0.1, and speed to 1-2mph. Should work smoothly, but you gotta set the trigger properly.

A

Anonymous

Just have a look on my settings on my competition coaster and you should be alright.

Ollie

CF Legend
Thanks got it sorted now. :)

Got some new pics for you lot:

Saw6-1.jpg

Saw7-1.jpg

And as promised. Some shots of the track. (please be aware that the track isn't completed yet and there's still quite a few things I need to sort out).
Saw10.png

Saw14.png

Saw13.png