What's new

SAW: The Ride - Download on page 20

A

Anonymous

You have a pump going into the brake-run in the end. Fix it!! :--D

Looks good!!

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah, I've sorted that pump out now. It was when I made the curve out the building to wide so I moved it tighter to the building and it made it jerk. It goes through smoothly now though. :)

A

Anonymous

Good!!

It would spoil that section of the ride, especially since I love that inline-twist :--D

Ollie

CF Legend
Working on the pre-lift section with the screens. :)
Saw20.png

Ollie

CF Legend
Started to add some pipes and chains to the section before the lift hill.
It's going to take ****ing ages.
Saw75.jpg

Ollie

CF Legend
Also I don't know if any of you noticed. But in the last screenshot I moved the support poles for the Pre-lift section further apart as if you look at the screenshot above that I did them too close together.

See I am trying to get this right you know. :)
I'm not sure when the next update will be. These pipes will take me a while and I know you won't be interested in me showing a screenshot every couple of days saying "Lookz Iz added More Pipz".

Ollie

CF Legend
Sorry it's been a while since the last update. I've started on the indoor queue-line now.
I've added the corrugated steel walls. The blood writing as you go in on the wall, some of the pipes above the corridor. And a couple of lights. Down the end is where I've started on the fencing that divides the main queue from the single rider as you head up the stairs.
Saw76.jpg

Ollie

CF Legend
Work continues on the indoor queue-line. Metal fencing has been added to and we are pleased to see the arrival of a famous trap from the films. The Rack

Saw21.png

Saw22.png

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah, I'm going to do it all for the video. :)
Not sure about the outdoor queue though as that will take ages and you can't really see it from the ride.

The hardest thing will be putting all the different sections together. So in the video it will look all fine and dandy but if everything isn't lined up perfectly and stuff when I put it together in the sim then I may not be able to put the indoor queue in the download if it doesn't line up with the station as it will just stick out from the rest of the building.
I may just put it in tiny though so if people want to explore it then they can just enlarge the indoor queue and go through it. But if it doesn't line up right then I may just put a fake door there.

It's all much harder work than it looks, but I'm trying my best as this is the biggest thing I've ever tackled. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Not sure if you can see them, but I've added some pipes to the right of the Rack. I've also started on the stairs and the scaffolding over it.
Saw77.jpg

Ollie

CF Legend
Sorry for all these posts after each other, but no-one seems to be commenting or posting so I have no choice.
Anyway, the stairs are continuing upwards slowly. It takes an absolute age to make them as all those little bars on the fences have to be lined up perfectly and all the textures have to be applied right. It's a long and boring process but I'm hoping it'll pay off in the end.
Any comments, tips or questions are appreciated.
Saw78.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... I only saw the SAW station building from the Samurai queue, but this looks pretty awesome. By the way, how do you make it fit in exactly in the building? As far as I remember, you have made the exterior already, haven't you?

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah, I may have problems fitting all the bits together. If not then the station building will have to be slightly taller than it is in real life to fit it in. That's the bit I'm dreading though and is why it's going to be difficult. Shame I can't make it all in one file without the computer slowing right down or running out of room for new textures. :(

A

Anonymous

I think this looks stunning,
i'm new to the forums here but i've been watching this closley ;)
I have ridden the real thing and this looks like a real replica ;)

Cernuschi

Roller Poster
Yeah, I'm going to do it all for the video.
Not sure about the outdoor queue though as that will take ages and you can't really see it from the ride.

The hardest thing will be putting all the different sections together. So in the video it will look all fine and dandy but if everything isn't lined up perfectly and stuff when I put it together in the sim then I may not be able to put the indoor queue in the download if it doesn't line up with the station as it will just stick out from the rest of the building.
I may just put it in tiny though so if people want to explore it then they can just enlarge the indoor queue and go through it. But if it doesn't line up right then I may just put a fake door there.

It's all much harder work than it looks, but I'm trying my best as this is the biggest thing I've ever tackled.

I can understand how difficult it is. If this is your largest project, your a natural.