What's new

Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - Projekt Asia Teaser Update

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - MORE Projekt Asia UPDATES!

No, don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore CTR's and use them frequently when I'm fooling around in sandbox mode to get future ideas. However, I do think there is a certain limit to what CS can do.

scw55

Hyper Poster

What I dislike is sometimes the Aesthetics of CS don't match the aesthetics of the game. That's why the CS I do use, I make sure integrates well into the existing scenery. I don't want to replace, I want to expand.

I do have a problem with Wingriders is that they cause FPS lag when I manipulate the terrain.

BBH

Giga Poster

scw55 said:
What I dislike is sometimes the Aesthetics of CS don't match the aesthetics of the game. That's why the CS I do use, I make sure integrates well into the existing scenery. I don't want to replace, I want to expand.

I do have a problem with Wingriders is that they cause FPS lag when I manipulate the terrain.
Are you using NightFlight or Brandon's X-Flight?

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Use Parallax's wing coaster. It has no lag, unlike Nightflight (I used to use it, but construction took way too long). It looks more like X-Flight's cars.

BBH

Giga Poster

Don't use Nightflight, go to the CS Depot or CS List and look up Parallax's X-Flight, it's much better without the lag, and it looks more realistic. Every time I used Nightflight, I kept saying to myself, a frame rate of, you know, four, would be nice.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Well, I've never had issues with frame rates etc. but I just think Parallax's is better than Nightflight. It's really a win-win in my opinion. Btw, new updates will come after I take finals...until then, I am swamped with studying. Wish me luck!

Colossus

Giga Poster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1RLN8Jep-I&list=UUUo1XAEIuANeNeTz1wjKOxw&index=7&feature=plcp[/youtube]

I had no problem with the NightFlight CTR either, though I will admit the Parrallax version looks much more badass! :)

reddude333

Giga Poster

^Ah, the good ol' days...before I even used CS (beyond supports). It's great to see how both of us have progressed since then.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Just a tiny mini teaser update on Projekt Asia as I may be using something I'm working on in the championship. I promise I have made a ton more progress but I just don't want to show it off in case I decide to use it in competition.

ProjektAsia5.png

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - Projekt Asia Teaser

The grass on the mountain side is too happy. The grasses on mountains tends to be tougher.

reddude333

Giga Poster

True, but like I said, this is simply a teaser...it doesn't even have the coaster (which is actually already there but I removed it for the teaser shot). Don't worry, when I'm done with this...it will look much much different.

BBH

Giga Poster

I like the rough grass texture for things like this. Blending terrain textures has always been my strong point in the game, and I think that you could do some very interesting things with the terrain you have for PA

scw55

Hyper Poster

I can provide you with a visual reference of a Welsh mountain if you want it that-accurate.

reddude333

Giga Poster

^Not sure what a Welsh mountain would be doing in Asia, but that's okay :p The mountain was very much in the early stages anyway and I'm not planning to keep it like that.

Thanks for the suggestions on the texturing though.

Sorry to be releasing in such small doses but I'm still making the finishing touches to this area of the park for my entry into the tournament. More will be coming very soon...I promise ;)

ProjektAsia7_zps0941dbb7.png

scw55

Hyper Poster

They used the Snowdonian mountain range for the setting for the film "The Inn of the 6th Happiness" which was 'set in China' and based off a true story. So someone thought that the Welsh mountains were similar to a a certain region of China's mountains.
Don't worry about slow doses. I've been doing a lot of work myself but haven't released much yet :p

BBH

Giga Poster

These teaser shots are getting me antsy for the release.

reddude333

Giga Poster

^I'm glad to hear it. That's the idea. I hope I haven't built it up too much, but I really think you will all enjoy it.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Hey portemine, more pics and POVs on the competition thread:

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=35348&start=0&view=viewpoll

Here are extra pics to show more of what has changed in Projekt Asia since the addition of Kekkyojin.

A new sushi restaurant is a great place for guests to get local seafood
ProjektAsia12_zpsf9b35c7d.png

The outdoor seating for the restaurant has the best view of the dive machine's batwing
ProjektAsia13_zps2d870e0f.png

Coasters aren't the only thing Projekt Asia has to offer, here's a new Enterprise named Ninja
ProjektAsia14_zps8a2e4acc.png

Here's a nice little relaxing place for peeps to rest and plan out their day
ProjektAsia15_zpsea0b9c13.png

And for those of you who haven't seen the new Intamin Wingrider in the CF WC forums, I present to you Kekkyojin
ProjektAsia16_zpsede19bc8.png

Kekkyojin gracefully dives to the pond behind the Diamyo's castle before making a return trip to ravage what's left
ProjektAsia17_zpsda5a8d48.png

Again, if you haven't checked out Kekkyojin on the competition forum, the POV is posted there and I encourage you to vote for which coasters you think are the best in the quarterfinal round :D