What's new

Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - Projekt Asia Teaser Update

reddude333

Giga Poster
Re: Reddude333's RCT3 Creations

@portemine: I know, the catwalks just seems bit off (partially because they are a little lower than they should be but it's unavoidable with this set. Any suggestions? Other catwalk sets? And thank you for the compliment on the Eurofighters. They just kinda happened, which explains the lack of significant theming. That said, it was a good place to practice my support work even though that track isn't very "support-friendly".

@Josh: I believe it is DasMatzes Eurofighter and it was in a pack of CTRs (DasMatzes CTRs 1)

reddude333

Giga Poster

So as much as I liked where it was going, I decided to scrap the Skull Island project (as it has been done before...and to a much higher quality than I could wish to make). That being said, I have been spending the majority of my RCT3 time working on my entry for Colossus's comp but I have also been working on this side project. Right now I'm just titling it Riverfront Park. The main idea was just to make a beautiful park setting...but who knows where it will go? Here's my current progress. All comments and critiques welcome.

Night shot of the park...the centerpiece being the two bridges crossing the river
RiverfrontPark1.png

Better shot of the arch bridge...
RiverfrontPark2.png

Here's a morning shot...I love the reflections!
RiverfrontPark3.png

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Nice work!

The theming of the wingrider certainly shames The Swarm, although it could maybe have a central theming element (not the station), similar to The Swarm's plane.

The layout looks great too! A nice mish-mash of the best bits of the current 4 wingriders, and the coaster is very photogenic!

Duelling eurofighters...amazing work with some great duelling elements but the indoor section could do with a bit of work.

The bridges are perfect and will certainly add to your "park feel"! :--D

reddude333

Giga Poster

^^Thanks for the input regarding Annihilator. Perhaps a central item would be good. I'm not sure however what I can do for that. I already have the immersive theming of the buildings all around. Any suggestions?

As for the Eurofighters, yeah, I realize the indoor section sucks. I really never put any effort into it and that's basically just because I was trying to make it look good on the outside. That said, if I ever went back to working on it, I would address that no doubt.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Here's a little more from my Riverfront Park project. I'm really loving these lights (thanks to Boston). The coaster is definitely still a work in progress but I just couldn't wait to get those lights up.

Here's a pic from near the arch bridge
RiverfrontPark4.png

Another pic of the second half of the coaster...it's sort of the out-and-back portion of the ride
RiverfrontPark5.png

I did a little bit more with the carousel but it still has a lot more work to go
RiverfrontPark6.png

reddude333

Giga Poster

The lights are Boston's Circus Center Expansion. Really brilliant stuff and so fun to work with.

Alrighty, so time for another update on what I've been doing:

With Riverfront Park I have spent a fair amount of time trying my hand at custom wooden supports. Tell me what you guys think/if you have any suggestions about what I should do to make them better. It is still a work in progress. Also, thanks scw55 for the kind words. I have actually decided to make it look more like a modern wooden coaster...at least in the way I have supported it over the water. Hope you enjoy!

Here's a view from behind the lift hill
RiverfrontPark7.png

Another shot of the woodie now featuring the head-chopper
RiverfrontPark8.png

I have also been continuing work on my Uncharted park. If you haven't seen my Uncharted: Drake's Fortune coaster, be sure to check it out in CP10's Intamin Challenge thread. To expand, I was looking to build an often forgotten coaster type and came across the glider coaster...they are actually pretty fun to work with and involve using an element that most of you have probably never even used, the 45 degrees (dropping) barrel roll.

Overall shot at night (I've also been testing out some lighting techniques)
Hmmm9.png

Here you can see the entrance (left) and exit (center)
Hmmm10.png

One more shot but during the day...just love that barrel roll :p
Hmmm11.png

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

The woodie looks fun. Well supported. Your flying is a great idea and I looove the barrel roll too (tried only once).

reddude333

Giga Poster

Thanks portemine :)

So I got off on a random tangent last night and threw this coaster together. Its name is Shocka and it's a custom Vekoma SLC located on a beach boardwalk. It's got 5 inversions and is characterized by a compact and intense layout with nonstop action. Then this morning I added the dark ride (which is themed inside). The whole idea for the park was inspired by Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

In general, I have tried to make everything compact (since this is how most boardwalk parks are like) You may notice the different colored wood. I actually was hoping for some feedback as to which color I should use for the boardwalk. If you have any input, please post below.
BeachBoardwalk1.png

Here's another shot of the SLC showing the proximity to the water
BeachBoardwalk2.png

A little better shot of the dark ride
BeachBoardwalk3.png

More pictures (and hopefully some POVs) coming soon!

reddude333

Giga Poster
Re: Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - Beach Boardwalk UPDATE/HEL

Sorry about double posting but I already have more to show and I can't wait to post it here.

So continuing with the beach boardwalk project, I have decided to add a woodie bringing the coaster total to two! I had too much brain juice flowing so I ended up making 3 different options for new coasters. I was hoping I could get some more input from you all on which would be the best addition to the quickly developing park.

The first option is "Dipper", a Gravity Group wooden coaster. Compact, thrilling and full of suprises, Dipper is the perfect small addition to a fledgling amusement park.

Length: 2371ft
Top Speed: 42mph
Ride Time: 1:14
Drop: 59ft

Dipper.png

The second option is "Ultra Dipper", a GCI wooden coaster. More lengthy than Dipper, Ultra Dipper features longer trains and 3 additional drops. Not so compact, it would dominate a larger portion of the boardwalk (may be good or bad).

Length: 3102ft
Top Speed: 42mph
Ride Time: 1:27
Drop: 58ft

UltraDipper.png

The third and final option is "Boardwalk Express", a Gravity Group wooden coaster. By far the most ambitious of the three proposed designs, Boardwalk Express is all about using the full potential of the coaster's first drop. Featuring a t-shaped layout, it has far more drops than the alternatives. It does consume most of the boardwalk over the water, but uses every inch of space as efficiently as possible.

Length: 3446ft
Top Speed: 43mph
Ride Time: 1:39
Drop: 58ft

BoardwalkExpress1.png

BoardwalkExpress2.png

Note: Regardless of which coaster is chosen for the park, it will be properly supported, lit, station will be added, etc. I just wanted to make a decision on the layout first. Also, if you have any suggestions for tweaks that can be made to any of the designs, please post those too. Thanks to any and all who respond!

Josh73

Giga Poster

I'm not really sure, but I'm kind of think the first one. It's compact and seems to fit the boardwalk nicely.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

The boardwalk is an excellent idea (incidently I had planned to do such a project some day as well)
I'd choose the second coaster, I believe it has the best overall look. Not too stretched.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Thank you both for your input! I was initially leaning toward Dipper personally, but I do see what you mean portemine. In the end I'm opting to go with the first one (Dipper). Here's a sneak peak of the construction pics. I'm really trying to make this look as realistic as possible. I'd love feedback though...

BeachBoardwalk4.png

More to come in the near future no doubt :-D

Kata1

Roller Poster
Re: Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - Beach Boardwalk Update

I love your Wingrider. If you have anymore, please post them soon! Your stuff is amazing.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Re: Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - Beach Boardwalk Update

^Thanks Kata! Sorry I have been out for so long.

If you haven't seen one of my 6 or so post about it elsewhere, I have been extremely busy with my new internship and it has kept me from RCT3, not to mention my biggest project won't open on my home computer. When I get back to school, I will put on the finishing touches and post it here. But I couldn't stand not posting anything until then. So I present to you, my latest creation, Alpine Grapevine. The setting is an alpine resort lodge in the off-season. This B&M invert takes inspiration from Alpengeist, Afterburn, and, interestingly enough, Revolution. Hope you all enjoy and as always feedback is greatly appreciated.

Alpine Grapevine POV
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uUAQUE1RHQ[/youtube]

Shot of the lodge from the front
AlpineGrapevine1.png

First sweeping drop and unique lift structure (similar to Alpengeist)
AlpineGrapevine2.png

Alpine Grapevine gliding over the frigid waters of the river below
AlpineGrapevine3.png

One of my favorite elements visually, the batwing
AlpineGrapevine4.png

Shot of the loop and lodge with the unused ski lift and slalom in the background
AlpineGrapevine5.png

Shot inside the station (lodge)
AlpineGrapevine6.png

And here is an extra weird something that I noticed when loading an old coaster on my comp here at home. Anyone have an explanation?

WeirdGlitch1.png

WeirdGlitch2.png

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - NEW Coaster! Alpine Grapev

To state the obvious looks like a Graphical Tear. Not sure why. Should keep an eye on that. See if it happens elsewhere.

I thought the little bunny hop through the vertical loop at the end was a classy touch. I do like seeing inter-locking sections. The gliding bit over the pond was sweet too.
I'm trying to work out if the first inversion of Half Loop -> Inline Twist looked a little brutal or if it was just an element out of the blue as you're expecting to keep moving in a certain direction, but instead you twist horizontally. I also never rode a coaster so my observation of coaster aesthetic physics can be ignored.

I like how unnoticeable the supports are and how pretty the area is despite the existence of billions of tonnes of steel and tarmac. (complement)

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Re: Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - NEW Coaster! Alpine Grapev

Hey I love your boardwalk park! It's got class, style, and swag. How did you get rid of your wooden coaster supports?