What's new

Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - Projekt Asia Teaser Update

reddude333

Giga Poster
Re: Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - Projekt Asia UPDATES!

@scw55: I think you will be pleasantly surprised then :)

@Intricks: Good observation of the size of the opening!

@portemine: Thanks! Glad you like colors on the spinner.

@Nick: Those pictures have improved significantly since I took them so I hope the next update will be to your liking :)

Again, I appreciate all of the comments and interest in Projekt Asia. Sadly, I do not have an update to make yet as this week is insane. Tomorrow alone I have two midterms, a project due, a lab report due, and the normal homework due. I do however hope to get out some more pictures this weekend especially due to the holiday. I can assure you that I have made lots of changes to what you have seen but nothing is quite yet ready to post.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Don't worry about frequency of updates.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Time for more Projekt Asia updates! There is a ton more that has been done since I introduced the idea a couple weeks ago. So here goes!

As some of you suspected, the wide opening to the shrine was a sign of a wide train
ProjektAsia3.png

I know I just did a dive machine...but I was inspired to continue expanding the creativity of dive machine layouts
ProjektAsia4.png

So what do you think? Thoughts on the long trains? Any suggestions?

Also I'd just like to say that I hope to expand this themed area into a larger "park-type" area. I only use that language because I'm not sure if it will end up being an entire park or just an assortment of rides and coasters.

In addition, thought I'd throw in a few more teasers of my huge project from before the summer. I actually have made extremely minimal progress on it but I will release more pics (and POV?) later.

Teaser3.png

Teaser4.png

Teaser5.png

Anyone know what it is yet?

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - MORE Projekt Asia UPDATES!

Realism-wise I'm doubtful a long B&M Dive machine works mechanically with weight. And also for the people in the back train who won't get to see the enjoyment that awaits with a vertical drop.

I really like the aesthetics. It reminds me of the romantic idea of the Chinese mountains being teeth and epic terrain.

And the teaser hints to being a many-themed park.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Teaser hints towards THE AVENGERS!!!!!!!!! First is Hulk, second is Thor, third is Captain America. Soooooo excited :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

reddude333

Giga Poster

^^Not so sure the weight would be an issue. Think Wing Coasters and Arrow/S&S 4D coasters, and these trains are nowhere near as long/heavy as those can get. True the weight distribution is different, but I don't think a 5-car dive machine is mechanically unrealistic...point taken about the drop though...

^Maybe that will help you with the previous teaser pics :-D

BBH

Giga Poster

Unless these are 6-person cars like on Oblivion, this is a 50-person train, which is vastly larger than any other train used by any other manufacturer. You have to factor in the weight of the people, too, and the stress on the supports and chain, and as such, I doubt a 5-car Dive Machine will be plausible.

Enough **** ing from me, looks good!

gopats1479

Mega Poster

^^The picture of the cars kinda looks like Tony Stark's garage.

As to the Dive Machine, the train length isn't realistic. But this isn't real, so by all means go for it!

reddude333

Giga Poster

Well, it's easily changeable, I just thought this would introduce a new/different concept that hasn't been considered yet (at least not to my knowledge).

scw55

Hyper Poster

gopats1479 said:
As to the Dive Machine, the train length isn't realistic. But this isn't real, so by all means go for it!

Please understand how much of a contradiction this sentence is in consideration to these forums.

I'm not sure how #2 could be Thor since he was Nordic and not Arabic.

reddude333

Giga Poster

^ You find me a Nordic statue and I will change it ;-) I actually think there is one haha...I'll look into changing that. Gotta pick up that Viking CS set. Never would have thought I would need that one haha.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I think you'll have a great time with your Asian themed park. Asia has a lot of fascinating mythology which you can draw inspiration from.
For example a lot of Pokemon have derived from mythological Asian beings.

Inspiration won't dry up for that project any time soon.

Colossus

Giga Poster

ProjektAsia2.png

Hey Derek, what set is this? This building would look fab for one of my non competition projects, thanks fella.

BBH

Giga Poster

I love the use of the in-game elephant. <3 So fab.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Thanks all! I've got another huge update for this coming soon. New coaster? I think so :-D

And Nick, it's Ralfvieh's East Asia set. It is fantastic along with other sets by him:

http://rct.ralf-paschke.de/

BBH, more in-game stuff is being used in another project I'm starting to work on...

Colossus

Giga Poster

reddude333 said:
And Nick, it's Ralfvieh's East Asia set. It is fantastic along with other sets by him:

http://rct.ralf-paschke.de/

Cheers mate, I should have known it was Ralfvieh's, I have a few of his sets already and they are fantastic. :)

Thanks again, I look forward to your update.

BBH

Giga Poster

I love how CSO junkies are starting to see the light of in-game objects and their hidden beauty. :) Makes my day.

reddude333

Giga Poster

My main issue with in-game objects is their finicky placement. There is a lot more restriction which makes working in tight places a huge pain. I mean, why can't I place a piece of scenery within 5 feet of the coaster?! Just gets annoying sometimes but the pieces themselves are usually alright. Also, there's just not enough variety. As you can see, I use multitudes of sets for a single project. That would hardly be possible with the limited selection the game provides. And don't forget, I was once a purist too...things changed though and my standards were raised significantly.

Colossus

Giga Poster

You see, I have no issue, with the in-game objects, a lot of it is really useful, especially for theming. But I don't deny the fact that I'm one of the biggest users of custom objects, and here's why.
When you strive for realism and aesthetics, you just can`t get that result without CSO`s, it's not that the CSO is better than the IGO, but IGO don't have the things you need, like supports, Catwalks, etc, so you have to use CS for things the game don't have.
Also it's a way of keeping a 10 year old game as fresh and up to date as you can, it's not like were going to get a 2013 Coaster game is it? So I like to keep my game as up to date as possible by adding to it.

Some things I do have a gripe with, with the IGO, paths, I hate the paths, not being able to build diagonally and only right angles for turns. the Placements, as mentioned above, the IG supports are ridiculous looking, and would it not be for custom ones I probably would have stopped playing ages ago.

In conclusion, this in-game stuff is good and certainly has it`s uses, and I will use it some way even if only a bit on most projects, but it`s limitations and my constant evolving of the game, means it's just not my style of play anymore, although I may have a treat for you guys come Christmas ;)

Its the same with CTR`s and CFR`s, as the industry changes and we see new things like Wing Coasters and what not, if you wanted to use such thing, you obviously would have to download it, again it`s just keeping the game as modern as is possible.