What's new

RCT3 Help, Information and Requests

LGMHorus

Roller Poster
Actually, that's not true. You can open another program, but you computer must have the resources (RAM mostly) to do that. I do it all the time. Nothing like playing RCT3 while listening to some nice songs.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I'm thinking of starting to play RCT3 again and was wondering if someone could tell the best things to use for custom supports and custom scenery.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Well, I've started playing RCT3 again and suddenly my laptop has just gone off twice while I have been playing RCT. It has been plugged in both times so can't be battery, but seeing as it has only just happened, and with RCT open, I think RCT could be the cause. Anyone ever had a problem like this before? And if it is overheating, how can I avoid this?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
If it's overheating, try putting the laptop on, say, bottlecaps to get it a bit up from the surface it stands on (the idea is to get it up, no need to rush-drink four bottles of Coke). That would give more room for hot air to escape the vents. Also make sure that nothing is blocking the vents, that could be seriously harmful to your entire house/neighbourhood/city, depending on the fire department.

I think turning the graphics slightly down could ease the stress on the system too, perhaps resulting in less heat.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I have cooled it down an awful lot now by reducing screen brightness, putting it on power saver mode and putting it on a hard cool surface.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Reduce the quality by going into options.

What may also be the case is that you have low RAM and will not run RCT3 well.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Brookes said:
I can't find where to reduce the quality. I can't find it on options.

There's a picture of an eye I think which then has a ton of sliders for graphics quality. Start with reflections being lowered and shadows, as at night, the game has to double the number of lights rendered, plus shadows.

The Grape Wizard said:
Im currently making a park however im not quite sure how to take pictures of it, do i just use printscreen?

I think it's F10 to take a photo. It's in the manual :p It saves your image as a .bmp file in My Documents somewhere... I can't remember if it's in My Pictures\RCT3, or just somewhere in the RCT3 folder.

ParadiseCoaster said:
Hi im new to rct3,

where do you put the maps you download?

and where do you put the objects and images for signs etc. ?

The maps need to go into the My Documents\RCT3\Scenarios folder (then you load them up in Sandbox) Or it may be the parks folder. It's in there somewhere and a bit of playing will give you results :)

Images for signs - see here:
http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=930

Also detailed in the Soaked and Wild manuals.

The original manual for those of you struggling :)
http://maud.metaboli.fr:3006/repository ... _hires.pdf

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
EDIT: *new question* not many people reply in here but ill ask anyway, wheres the best place i can find custom supports and scenery for rct3?

kimahri

CF Legend
Brookes said:
When it is night on my RCT3 it lags a lot. Does anyone know what I can do to stop it lagging?

What RCT3 do you have?

Do you have Both expansions and any patches?

Brookes

Giga Poster
I just have both expansion packs. Wow I posted that ages ago. Plus I've found where to reduce the quality I think now.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Thanks for the help kimahri, but it isn't really bad lag, so I think I just need to reduce the quality when I want to play the game in night.