What's new

RCT3 Help, Information and Requests

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Cheers Sax Man. I found something abotu running in Win98.ME compatability mode. I'm going to give it a couple of hours tonight to test it. However, the other day while trying to see about the Gigacoaster problem, it was crashing within 2 mins consitently building the coaster. It let me build an entire one without a blip before. So fingers crossed :)

The water is really odd. I don't have any waterfalls, so I'm not sure what's going on. I have a feeling that maybe my save game is badgered, which is a swine!

I might send it to somebody with RCT3 and see if they have the same problem. If not, get them to resave it and send it back. Hopefully that'll fix the crash. Otherwise it means a re-install, which would be evil! :)

cpdude2

Mega Poster
I asked this before and got an answer but didn't get a very good one, how do you take a ride and make it launch outside of the station. i know it's something with the block brakes, but exactly what, I don't know.

A

Anonymous

You can use block brakes anywhere on the ciruit, like brakes. If you change the speed of the block brakes to X mph, then it doesnt matter whether it is going faster or slower than X, it will change the speed of the train to X mph.

So what you can do, is have a row of block brakes like this:
5mph
10mph
15mph
20mph
35mph
etc.

Alternatively, you can rename a peep to "David Braben" which allows infinite chain lift speeds. Flat chain lifts can be pretty efective launches as they have gradual acceleration, and can go whatever speed...

A

Anonymous

As far as I know, no you can't... But I'm not fully sure, sorry.

cpdude2

Mega Poster
It's ok.

new problem: I downloaded a support system a while ago. It is something like "Jcat's pumper steelworx" or something like that. I've never had any problems with it before, but now whenever I click on the scenery panel, the game shuts down. I don't know for sure if that is what is causing it, but that's my bet. Any suggestions?

secondly, i was wondering what I'd have to do to make the brake fins show up on my rocket Coaasters.

Sax Man

Mega Poster
1) If you have wild, make sure the one you downloaded has wild support. Maybe try deleteing it and reinstalling it.

2) Increase your graphics setting via the options panel.
Or, you can zoom in rather close and you'll be able to see them.

But, its becouse your graphics setting is low, and they are set so they cant be seen from afar.

peep

CF Legend
Right, seemed to have come accross a problem.

I have created a few parks and I want to show you my latest one, but for some reason I can't take screenshots anymore.

Now it could be because I have a new keyboard where the F10 etc have special functions that don't work, but I just wondered if anyone knew how to get round this problem.

Sax Man

Mega Poster
In the options menu, you can change which shortcut key does what.

Maybe try changing the screenshot key to [SHIFT]-[D] or something.

peep

CF Legend
lol, sorry for the double post but I've come accross another problem!

I have created a HUGE pyramid which is 42x42 I think. Anyway I can't seem to finsh it because of its hugeness. Its not because I'm rubbish at making them its because the land I'm building on is also lowered so its impossible to raise the pieces to the right place at the top.

I thought that if I created the top hat next to it, saved it then tried to move it up it might work, but it didn't. Its so big that I can't raise my mouse high enough to get it to the top. I will post some images soon so you can see in better detail.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have Soaked or Wild? If you do, press CTRL and it will right away put the block piece at the same height as a neighbour. You can then press SHIFT and move the peice upwards. The advantage of this is that you don't have to keep moving your mouse upwards as the bit is already at a high position :)

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Building buildings like that is practicly impossible without soaked.

Its very hard getting everything exactly right.

Really, their isn't much you can do.
If you want to make building easier, get soaked and you can do the old RCT2 same height trick.

Sax Man

Mega Poster
^ yea, use the control key. I think furi explained how that worked earlier.

That's a pretty big pyrimid.
Does it really need to be that big?

I guess just fiddle around with the control key, and their has to be a limit on maximum height. Maybe you hit it?

peep

CF Legend
na, I havn't hit the height limit because I didn't make one. Its just so damn big that as I'm raising the top hat the mouse goes of screen.

Also it doesn't really have to be that big...but it is, lol. There is a coaster inisde though, keep an eye on the Adventureland UK topic. I am hoping to get some on-ride pics up soon.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Increase your screen resolution??? :p

If you fail, then make that part of the theming, have it a bit lower and half finished and alter your theme to suit that. The best thing Sax Man ever did for me was criticise my nice, complete castle walls. By making them old and decrepid, it altered the whole theme subtly. I was originally going for a neat, new look, but the changes do work better.

Likewise, you could give it a half constructed look and fit the theme acordingly. You could have launch tower "cranes" and stuff. Just a vague idea on how to botch it! :lol: