What's new

RCT3 Help, Information and Requests

A

Anonymous

My computer wont let me install rct3 wild. It says that it cant initialize properly and it wont come to the installation screen.Please halp me

Sax Man

Mega Poster
So, you put the disk in, and nothing happens?

Did you try going to 'mycomputer' then clicking on the CD drive?

Then opening at *.exe file if that didnt work?

If you have RCT3 installed, then graphics shouldnt be a problem. Do you have enough room on your harddrive for the game?

What OS (Windows...) do you have?

You might just have a bum disk.

Richie

Hyper Poster
Hey Sax Man!

I have never quite understood custom supports on RCT3. How do I download them and use them?

Any information would be great! :p

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Custom supports are basicly suports to replace the existing one.

theirs a 'no support' piece (giant red X), that deletes the current supports, and you just place the other supports like regular scenery.

You can download them here:
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... did=477830

But, their supports that you place as scenery.

The best way to learn how to use them is look at real coasters, and mess around with placing them yourselves.

hopefully that helps, if you need more information ask again!

A

Anonymous

Is there any way i can get closer to the rides to take screenies or to help me see it wen im building it?

Or am i stuck forever using my middle mouse button?

Edit: nevermind. i got it sorted :D

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
F10 = Screenshot

Anywayz, the error thing the comes up for me when I first load up the game is something like Bad Version 4, its a box with OK or Cancel buttons, press wither one it crashes... help!

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Could you please get a more precise error?

--
what i found when i googled it:
Why do I receive an Application error 'Bad Version:4' after reinstalling RCT3/Soaked?

This is usually caused by not uninstalling the beta completely. You should uninstall RCT3 and then ensure that all files and folders have been deleted from the installation folder. You should then reinstall RCT3.

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
OK, I haven't done nothing now and thats gone, but:

A send error report has appeared straight away before I open the game and says "RCT3.exe has to close. We are sorry if this caused any inconveiniences" Yep it has, lol. I click all the options which are: Debug, Do not send Error Report and Send Error report.

I do have DirectX 9.0 installed so thats not it...

Sax Man

Mega Poster
try uninstalling (move game files so they arnt deleted) delete everything (C:\program files\atari\RCT3 and Mydocuments\RCT3)

and reinstall RCT3.

by, RCT3 regular then soaked, then wild.

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
OK thanks mate, I'll try it soon. I always back-up my parks anways.

So shall I uninstall it, delete everything RCT3 exept my things I've backed up and then re-install it then Soaked! then Wild?

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
Oh and one more question...

Does Wild and Soaked! automatically uninstall after you've uninstalled the normal RCT3.

Sorry, I promise that is my final question and I can't do it now as I'm off to see the EUFA Cup Final.

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Its all good :p.

I think it does, but look for the uninstall thing on the uninstall list.
If its not on their, then it doesnt.

But, make sure the folders are deleted, thats the big one :p.

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
Yay, I got original one working. But when I go to do Soaked! a box comes up saying To Uninstall Soaked! You must run RCT3 uninstaller or something like that anuway.

Does it matter what order Wild and Soaked! go in?

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
Oh well I tried Wild 1st and it asked me to put in Soaked! aswell so its all done.
You've been a great help, although something went wrong when most of my big parks got deleted :? Oh well I'm moving on now.

Thanks a billion *pats Sax on back*

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, couple of things :)

1. I read the topic to make sure that the next question hadn't already been asked. Anyway, I came across Kaz's problem with the game crashing. I've had problems too since installing Soaked. Just random crashes after a few minutes, but there's no real reason for it. I have a feeling that either Soaked causes a problem, or maybe the ATI drivers don't work properly. Does your lappy have an ATI graphics card Kaz?

2. Okay, water... I've got a lake designed in just RCT3. Since installing Soaked though, I can't modify any of the land that is attached to the water. I also can't empty the lake of water. Anyone else experienced anything like this? It's annoying because I want to expand the lake and just can't :(

A

Anonymous

On collercoaster tycoon 2 is there any other way of smoothing land thene doing it corner by corner?

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Furi-
1) I would try looking at the atari help forum and asking them there, they know more about this than I.
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/fo ... .php?f=344

that should help some.

Look at this topic:
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=515452

This might be of some help too:
http://www.frontier.co.uk/games/rct3/faq.html

2. Yea, water is weird in RCT3.
I'm not really sure whats going on. Do you have waterfalls?
Becouse that can do it..
If you have waterfalls, ignore the warning. Move it out of the way and keep on doing what your doing.

Boo ya:
Yea, this is the RCT3 help thread..your question needs to be in the RCT2 help thread. But, as far as that goes their is a group raiser thingy but, thats it. I havnt been in 2 in a while, so I dont know.

Good luck to all of you!