What's new

RCT3 | CP10`s Intamin Challenge. (Voting Period)

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: CP10`s Intamin Challenge. (OPEN)

Stopped responding.

My research finds that I can jump through loops to get the machine to yell at me what's the problem.
I think it's file size as I did a stint of custom scenery use and my laptop isn't great.

Apparently a 32mb file size is too much for my laptop to load, pussy.

I dislike it when my laptop reminds me how oblivious I am to computers.

Tried all solutions I found. Nothing works. It's only when loading that specific park file it crashes. If it is a size issue brought on by custom scenery it means I can't use custom scenery ever from now on (If I can't find a solution).

reddude333

Giga Poster

Thought it was about time for another teaser preview:

Hmmm2.png

scw55

Hyper Poster

I can't fix the problem.
I forfeit the contest as I do not want to be judged on an entry that is current out of date and would not be complete even if I could magically screenshot as it stands.
I won't be using custom scenery ever again.

reddude333

Giga Poster

^Or you could let us help you troubleshoot. If you give me an idea of what is happening besides "the game crashes" then I might be able to help. What was the last thing you did before running the game (the time it crashed)? What folders have you added stuff to? That sort of thing.

Colossus

Giga Poster

^
Looking great guys, loving the screenshots.

scw5, yeah give us a more in-depth diagnosis on the problem and we`ll try and help if we can, it could be a currupt file you`ve downloaded? Have you seen the no svd for sid pop up when it crashes?
Let us know, we have been playing the game for a long time with CSO`s and CTR`s, we could be able help you troubleshoot the problem.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Portemine, challenge ACCEPTED!!! :p .....I'll have another pic up soon

[edit: I found extra pictures!!! You can't hide from me portemine! That's the trouble with posting on photo sharing sites]

Btw, Colossus, any chance you have an idea of when how far out you would consider postponing the deadline? I might be going on a retreat this weekend so that would probably make it a lot harder for me to finish those last touches.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Haha ! I was aware of that hazard. But you haven't found the hidden video ^^... I guess you found it in RCTLounge ^^

EDIT : All but one other current pictures of my entry are in my creations page now.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Oh, no I found it on servimg ;-) Wasn't too revealing but some good development shots

scw55

Hyper Poster

Only thing I did which was abnormal was use Custom supports (V2 of SteelJungle).
It's something to do with the custom Track Supports.
Used one other CS before and I didn't have this issue. Went back and reduced the intensity of the use and added Track Supports. Next day when I got the idea of what to do next, the game crashes when I try to load that save.

It crashes only when I try to load that save.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 has stopped responding
. That is all I know.

Colossus

Giga Poster

Announcment

So the due date is 1st of April, I`m going to add an extension of 10 days on the competition, so the new day will be Tuesday 10th of April. But I will allow all those taking part to finish, providing they are not going to be ages. So I really would like to know as soon as possible who is taking part.
I know Derek and portemine are making nice progress, as is scw55, we just need to help you through your problem, also we know Josh is entering his pre-made coaster, which is fine.
So I`m happy to wait for you 4 to finish.
But I really want to know whats going on with addy, Fl0 and Jammyband, as they have registered they`re interest but we have no updates since then, I don`t mind, I understand if you`ve been working on your projects, you don`t have to post updates like the rest of us do. Just need to know, so I know who`s participating so I know when everybody's done.
So if you three could let me know either way asap, either by reply on this thread or by PM`ing me.

Thank you vary much guys.

reddude333

Giga Poster

@Colossus: Thanks! That should be plenty of time for me :)

@scw55: I had something similar happen recently as a result of me placing the wrong file in the style/themed folder. It is possible that there is even a single object that has been misnamed or misplaced. It is odd if you didn't make any changes in the game folders between game restarts. For me I have also had the problem of trying to put similar CS in an extra folder within the Themed folder...it was a bad idea. So it may really be something small like that.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Would misplaced files cause only loading this one saved file to crash the game?

reddude333

Giga Poster

Yes, if one of the CS objects in that single save file was one of the misplaced files. I speak from experience. Although this does mean you must have had it right at some point...

scw55

Hyper Poster

I haven't edited/moved any of them. The only CS I used was Moby's Steel JungleV2 supports and some NF Particle effects.

reddude333

Giga Poster

About how many particle effects did you use? According to the readme it states that overly using particle effects can crash the game. Also, you could try uploading the game file somewhere so we can see if it crashes for us too or you can try it on a more powerful computer.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I actually decreased the amount of particle effects. I had a lot. I asked Colossus for feedback and he heavily implied it was too much. I then reduced the quantity and built custom supports. It crashed since then (I also opened the park and placed a themed flat ride).

I don't know where I can upload the file as the SOPA fairies are enjoy closing down file sharing sites.

I sadly don't have access to a superior computer.

scw55

Hyper Poster

As there is no benefit from winning I don't see why I should forbid you from helping. It's not a case of asking for help because I don't know what to do with my park entry. I have hardware/software problems which I need help sorting out. It would be a better and more enjoyable competition for all if there were more entries. If you were able to help me, then I don't see why I shouldn't ask you for help.

All that would need to be done is load up the saved file, see if it crashes. Close the saved file down/identify the problem.

There seems to be two saved files for each file, normal and a .bak one. I've uploaded both just in case.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2fdeoiaajug7jk8
http://www.mediafire.com/?yg3bxkm6y4g3v33 (.bak one).

Mediafire worked very well. Thank you for suggesting the site.

It's a Sandbox game mode.

JammyBand

Roller Poster

Hi, sorry ive been inactive. I am entering! :--D I'm so glad that the entering date has been increased. I have been worried that I wouldn't get my coaster finished in time. I had trouble thinking of an idea but now I have one and I've just realised it looks slightly similar to reddude333! I'll try to get a pic up soon. cool)

-JammyBand