What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

Don't mind me sounding like an RCT2 n00b imbecile here, but I've been searching for ages to try and figure out how to get custom supporting, and I can't find it. Is it like, a download or something?

Second question is where can I get this 8 car trainer thing everyone is talking about?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Claw- I'm not sure about that. I see what you're trying to make (Giant Drop) and it's a great idea. I'm gonna have to play around with that for and what I can do. Because I have other ideas too... Remind me if I forget to get back to you.

LFTL- Alright, there's 2 kinds of supports, the ones you see in most parks and the new Toon B&M supports.

Go here and download this park for the other supports:
http://www.nedesigns.com/?ne=spotlight&s=isole
Really you can download any park with them in it (since all the custom scenery in new parks exports to your own stuff after you open it), but I just REALLY like this park. When you open up the saved game, it'll automatically add the objects.

Here's Toon's new supports:
http://members.shaw.ca/m.murchison/Supp ... elease.zip
Download that folder, unzip it, then put all the files into the Obj Data folder in your RCT2 folder. When you start the game up next time, they'll load.

The objects will appear in the scenario editor under the "small objects" tab.

For 8 cars, go here:
http://www.geocities.com/jmanderson_200 ... ainers.htm
Download the first one available there (the only 8 cars). If it doesn't happen to work (like if your clearances never restore or something), let me know so I can get you an older version that probably will.

And you may want to read some of this to help you out with getting started:
http://cp6-rct.tripod.com/

Hope all that helps.
--------------

For the next week I'll be taking a vacation from CF-Towers to some parks (SFKK, CP, GL, SFA), so I won't be hear to take your questions. Just leave them and I'll attend to them when I'm back in the office. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hello.. I've been searhing for an old version of 8Cars but can't seem to find one. Could you please try and find me an older version? Thanks..

Also.. How do you make track invisible? I tried to use a flat ride as a track type but I get an error trapper..

Ben

CF Legend
Could you send me the older version of 8 Cars as well, if you can find it my new one hates it. And I've searched and searched...

Also, could you (or anyone who has it and reads this beforce CP6 gets back) send me the track merge tutorial. Mine just go off the end.... :(

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Another drop tower question. After looking at Charlie Fauvel's drop towers he made a while ago I noticed that the ride cars face downwards. I came up with an idea to eliminate that problem by using the Lay-Down Coaster and hacking it with the 4D to give it a vertical incline but once again, like all my hacking experiments, it failed miserably. The main problem being that when it came down the tower it crashed. Do you know what could be wrong? Oh and is there a way to reverse the trains so they face backwards?

Jer

Strata Poster
Okay I have another ride problem (By the way Claw thanks what you told me worked prefectly) Okay on my Intamin giga I built after a while of perfect operation the cable lift just stopped working, I noticed because I hadn't seen a coaster trian on the track for a long time. The strange thing is it didn't register as broken, which adds to why I did'nt notice. Why does this happen? and how can I stop it form hapening again?

This also isn't the first time on another intamin Hyper I built with a calbe lift, it just seems to stop without being registered as broken.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
^ No worries mate. Anyway, this is odd. Are you sure there wasn't a train in the station? The cable lift only works when there is a train present in the station and works as soon as its station waiting time is up and then takes it up the hill. Have another look and post screens or even a video possibly if it's still playing up.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Alright... back home now.

Fool- Sending it to your e-mail listed in your profile. And you're doing invisible track the right way- you just need a good version of 8 cars (and if that doesn't work, then you need the SOB trainer)

Ben- Sending both of them to your listed e-mail.

Claw- Don't use downward launch mode with this hack. Use freefall drop mode. That one will automatically stop it in the station. As for reversing cars, I don't knmow if it's possible... but you may be able to do it with a backwards track merge.

Vampire Freak- What Claw said. Set it in test mode and leave it. If you have issues, let me know again.

Jer

Strata Poster
No the cable was stopped at the top, and the train was already loaded, and waiting for cable lift.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Oh CP6 I just have a general quick question. I re-installed RCT2 on my computer and when I opened up all my DL-ed parks to get my custom scenery back I didn't lose any. Does this mean that the custom scenery has loaded onto my RCT2 disk?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
When you uninstall RCT, it's a little different then just the normal deleting the stuff in order to get rid of your custom stuff.

Steps:
1. Go into your RCT folder (Local Disk > Infogrames Interactive > RollerCoasterTycoon2) and copy this somewhere else (like My Documents). Really you only need the Saved Games you want to reload, but I always do everything to be safe.
2. Uninstall RCT the usual way.
3. Go back into your RCT folder location and delete it (it should still be there). Leave that other folder in My Documents.
4. Now re-install RCT.
5. Now you can go find those saved games you moved to My Documents and load them up. The rest of the files there are really unnecessary, I just like to have the stuff in case reloading the objects doesn't work.

Jer

Strata Poster
Hey CP I just got the 8car trainer on my RCT2 and i wondering if could get a copy of the track merge turtorial. Thanks Dude.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Yeah, when I get home I'll e-mail it to your address in your profile.
If you don't have it in 2 hours, PM me.. since I probably forgot (knowing me).

And since so many people asked for it... would you guys want me to just sent up a tutorial topic? I'd just do some stuff in there and you can still ask the questions here.

A

Anonymous

^Yes please, I've also been wondering how to do a track merge..

jayjay

Giga Poster
Okay, I'm wanting to get into RCT2 more in the near future so I need a few questions answering.

1) Where do you get the toontower blocks from and how do you install them? (Or are they already in the game). Is there any other good custom scenary kicking about on the net somewhere?

2) My 8Cars Trainer crashes the game when I try to use it. Am I doing something wrong or does it just not work?

3)If I can get 8cars to work, is it possible to use it to make unlimited scenary items available on a scenario?

If all fails, I might just build parks on the competition bench since it works fine, has ?50M and has a good scenary selection.