What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

tks

Strata Poster
Whenever I load 8cars up it doesn't give me any choices. I thought i'd fixed it by loading 8cars when the main screen comes up. but I can't hack anything now. Also the zero-clearances makes everything flicker even when I press restore clearances.

I've re-installed Rct2 and have taken 8cars off and on again.

no idea what's going on, but it's stopping me from doing my rides!

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
stanford911:
I assume you mean the little kiddie ride frog hopper. Um, well if you see it in a park, download that park and you'll get it. If you still can't find it, PM your e-mail address to me and I'll send you a park with it in there.

Claw:
1. I haven't tried, but I'd asusme no. It doesn't resemble the coaster track in the way it's coded, so I don't think it'll work. Your only use for an elevator might be with a drop tower thing.
2. Yeah, I think so... it just depends if those certain angles of the train in the loop have been drawn into the game. Because the train might not show up for the whole loop. But I think it should...

Tks:
It's probably your 8 cars. Do you have the one with the supposed shortcuts key stuff that doesn't work anyway? If so, you might need to get the older one. I have the older one with me, catch me on msn or something. If you happen to have the older one, then try the newer one on the website (google it). If the zero clearance stuff still doesn't work, then you might need to try the Son of Beast trainer.

stanford911

Mega Poster
stanford911:
I assume you mean the little kiddie ride frog hopper. Um, well if you see it in a park, download that park and you'll get it. If you still can't find it, PM your e-mail address to me and I'll send you a park with it in there.

Its ok i found it.
But im also having problems with 8car. All the other functions are working except the rides section for editing ride trains. The field that you can select the ride train is blank. I will try to uninstall 8car and re-install and if it doesnt work, can you suggest anything.

Thanks
James[Stanford911]

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Hm, well make sure you have a park open with rides and stuff... and you've selected a ride in the top box of the edit menu.

If that's not working, then refer to waht I said to TKS one post up.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
OK thanks CP6. I still can't get the elevator hack to work. And are you sure the Flying Coaster can hack onto an Inverted Coaster because I keep trying but it doesn't work. I think it's because there is a slight height difference between the tracks (the Inverted one if a bit higher). I've tried using the raise/lower tool but it doesn't work. Have a look at this picture I took in the RC Designer it's very small but you should be able to see it:

SCR65.jpg

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
I merged it just fine with 8 cars. Although I did get an error when the train tried to re-merge with the flyer track, although that mighta just been a mistake I made. Just do a regular merge.

Of course, the train going through the loop comes nowhere near looking like it's actuall on the track. It's actually offset quite a bit. And that's something that can't be fixed...

A

Anonymous

What websites are there which you can download rides and theming, also how you make them work.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Go to www.nedesigns.com and click on Spotlights. Those will be the best of the large parks out there. Make sure you get the ones closer to the top since they're RCT2. Most are RCT1.

Unzip the files and open them in RCT. It'll automatically install what you need.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Well, you can either double click on the icon to open the park, or go into the game and use the open park feature and find your file.

Jer

Strata Poster
okay i'm back again.

I understand why a coaster should never touch the ground, How far off the ground should it be? i make it 5ft.

Also how can you support it over water without hacking?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Yeah, one tile up from the ground is fine, imo. I think that usually looks nice enough.

And for supporting over the water without hacking, you really can't. Unless of course, you just want to put the footer and supports on top of the water, which some people do. It loses a lot in my opinion, but if you don't want to hack, that's the closest you can come.

A

Anonymous

On the Hyper twisting rollercoaster how do you make a steep lift hill like on custom ride golioth.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ Custom ride Goliath? What do you mean?

Like the Goliath ride that came with the game in the Six Flags Holland park? All you do is build up a steep slope till you get about where you want and select 'cable lift hill' from the special mode. That's on giga coaster style track only, though.

For the B&M style hyper twister, you can get a steep lift hill by merging a vertical coaster lift hill with the hyper twister track. PM me for a track merge tutorial.

A

Anonymous

Yey thanks so much that worked !! How do you make the LIM launch faster than 66 mph? and use a different track like the type on Giga coasters?

zcl

Mega Poster
You are gunna have to use a trainer to do that^ (I like 8cars trainer)
IF you just wanna make a launch on the giga track then build the launch using the lift and just use the trainer to hack the lift hill speed.

A

Anonymous

May I ask what is a trainer everyone is going on about son of a beast trainer and all these other trainers where do you get theme from and what are they.