What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

A

Anonymous

Thanks but look at this from Geo sites
8c_mergediagram.gif

and I can not work out how to get that ride menue on!

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ Sending the merge tutorial now, btw.

And the short answer is you can't.

Of course, that shouldn't stop you from being creative. You have those sign scenery pieces in RCT and the scrolling sign stuff too. Use them to your advantage. There's a bunch of small custom scenery pieces that fit on like 1/8 or 1/16 of a tile that you can definately use to create something that looks like a billboard. Innovation in RCT2 comes from creativity.

A

Anonymous

I have tried to use the 8cars Trainer to up the speed on a Giga coaster track to make me a Rocket coaster, and the game crashes, got any tips CP6?

A

Anonymous

well...i followed how one of my mates did it, it's complecated for me to explain it, all i was really wondering is if you would be able to like supply a tutorial etc to help.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Alright, well it's not hard at all, actually.

1. Make the track how you normally would, using horizontal lift track as your launch section.
2. Open up 8 cars > Modify Ride Stats > Find your ride
3. Set the lift hill speed to whatever you want.
4. Click apply, then cancel.

One thing to note is that acceleration is constant here. Whatever it gets to by the end of the chain is what it will always have at that point. The only way to get it faster is a longer chain.

A

Anonymous

I was wondering if you could help me, see, whenever I zero clearance something, it all works fine, but when i restore clearances I get a big white object (like when you are about to place something) of whatever I was placing down. Is there a way to get rid of this?

The Claw

Hyper Poster
^ Oh no you get that too (well I guess everyone gets that). OK to get rid of the ghosted image(s) you have to zero-clearance the park and build the same object EXACTLY as the same as the ghosted image and position. Then delete it. But be careful though because you can accidentally make more ghosted images as well and then you have to do the process over and over again which gets VERY fustrating (It nearly made me restart the whole Swamp Land in JC). It only really happens with trees though so be careful when placing trees while you have zero-clearance on.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I never really get ghost images (haven't for years now), but that's because I'm very careful what gets built in zero-clearancing. I never build tress unless they're absolutely necessary. It's all scenary and paths. And yeah.. to get rid of the ghosted image, do what Claw says... Just be sure it's in exactly the same position as the ghost image.

A

Anonymous

Thanks!

Now I have a different problem (completely different). I hacked a kiddy coasters lift to aout 9 mph, and now it doesn't run at all. The train doesn't appear in the station. I tried to get rid of that coaster then building a new one with the same layout, but I get an error trapper and it doesn't work. Any ideas?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
When do you get the error trapper? Is it before you can build the other one? If so, your ride might be corrupted (error trapper every time you click on it).

Your initial problem is odd, though. Because it's not a hack where you'd get an odd corruption. You just changed the lift speed to 9mph? I guess check to see if the launch speed is something other then zero (like 2 or 4). Otherwise, I'm not really sure what to tell you.

Now I imagine most people don't do this but you may want to start:
If you're doing a park with a lot of hacking (or even a little) save it as multiple save files. Pick something like every day or whenever you get a lot of work done and save a new file. Like MyPark1 and then MyPark2, MyPark3, etc.

Like I'm only about 1/4 of the way through my new realistic park (of which a secret screen is hidden in my profile...), but I'm already on save file 22- mainly because I've lost a ton of work due to corruption.

It's just helpful because if your game screws something over, you just revert back to the previous number and keep on building. Always look around to see what's up before you save the game. Just in case.

A

Anonymous

I have 2 of the same save, but it did the same thing on the backup one, aswell.

And I get the error trapper when I try and either-
-Build a new Junior Coaster
-Click the train icon (chich is just a blank tab).

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Can you still test it and make the train appear? Because often the train tab will be blank, but the train is still there.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Hm, that's a really strange error... never heard about something like this before. I really don't know what to tell you.

Jer

Strata Poster
I'm having a little bit of Block Brake Problems. I built a dive machine and there will be a trian at the top, 2 on the track,1 in each station, and 1 on the final break run(well thats how i want it). I'm having a problem, and that is there is always a train on the top of the chainlift, I really don't like this because the guests are not only waiting on the top of the drop, but on the chainlift too. is there a way to Delay a Train from leaving the station to prevent this.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
This is a very common and very simple problem. You go to the ride options (where you adjust the lift hill speed and stuff), make the trains wait for a full load and set the minimum and maximum time to the same time. What time they have to be depends on how long the track is and how smooth you want the trains the run. Another way to overcome this problem is to make lift hill pieces at the crest of every hill. This will make more block sections and so the cars can run heaps smoother at the same time. But be careful because a car may stop mid-ride and may not work.

Anyway, CP6 I'm having another hacking problem. Is it possible to have a ride which has a Roto-Drop tower and a Hopper Ride gondola? I have already tried many methods to get this result but none have seem to work (the closest I have gotten is to change the the train type of a Roto-Drop to a Hopper train but it appears invisible when operating).