What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I'm not interested in an elaborate story either! I'd rather continuity and subtlety to my theming. If every ride was like Hex in AT, it'd drive me mad! There's a big difference between good theming and telling a story, it's more about creating an atmosphere, obviously the team behind it will know what everything means, but wheres the fun in them crammin' it down our throats.

Most basic ride "stories" are basically "you have to escape/defeat this...", "look what we found when we were digging". Which is fine with me, if the atmosphere is great and there's enough mystery about the background theme to let me draw my own conclusions, thats all good.

I think the GP/everyone does appreciated a good theme, but when I say theme I'm really referring to the atmosphere and aesthetics, not some drawn out cheesy story line.

peep

CF Legend
Great new video uploaded to Gardaland's channel on youtube with Candy Holland describing all the details.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-on2qpFXtnI[/youtube]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I didn't learn anything new from that video apart from what Candy Holland looks like.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ha. "Unique ride vehicle", yeah, unique for B&M love.

Is she a spokesman or is she actually involved in the design stage? - Before anybody says this is stupid, i know for a fact it's not. I've been to countless places in which there's a 'Guest Speaker' that actually doesn't have a clue what they're talking about and have just got told to say certain things.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
She's been behind the design of alot of Merlin rides and been the creative director for a few years. She did Saw, Thirteen, Rita Stealth, Raptor and I'm guessing LC12 and Krake. Kinda like John Wardley's role before he retired. In recent interviews, although John appears as a familiar face spokesperson he always insists that Candy is behind the ride.

It's pretty obvious she's quite shy infront of a camera though, which is probably why we don't see her too often, and get John and Morwena instead.

CoasterForce actually reported the annoucement of Saw The Ride with a picture of her.

http://www.coasterforce.com/home/p2_articleid/622

pinsawrollercoaster2008re9.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
bob_3_ said:
She's been behind the design of alot of Merlin rides and been the creative director for a few years. She did Saw, Thirteen, Rita Stealth, Raptor and I'm guessing LC12 and Krake. Kinda like John Wardley's role before he retired. In recent interviews, although John appears as a familiar face spokesperson he always insists that Candy is behind the ride.

It's pretty obvious she's quite shy infront of a camera though, which is probably why we don't see her too often, and get John and Morwena instead.

CoasterForce actually reported the annoucement of Saw The Ride with a picture of her.

http://www.coasterforce.com/home/p2_articleid/622

pinsawrollercoaster2008re9.jpg

Thanks. I wasn't being sarcastic or anything, i was genuinely asking about it, because like I said, sometimes the entertainment/attraction industry can be kind of false when it comes to things like that.

She's actually got a fantastic job going for her, and a good imagination if she worked on what you mentioned above. I'm impressed with her.

peep

CF Legend
OMG *gets all excited*

It looks really nice and that turn through the split tower is amazing. I have to wait so long till I get to ride it :(

Looks pretty good, weird to think I'll be riding it this summer!

I'm not sure I'm amazed by it, but it's different to anything else I've been on, so if nothing else it will be a new experience!

andrus

Giga Poster
Photo from the press day with one of the first riders, Armin Zoeggeler Italian ludge rider. Photo taken from theparks.it.
2011-03-22_gard.jpg

Here's also a short teaser video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U_xUjXdxgY&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Official opening date is only nine days away now, I'm wainting for the first reviews!

El Patricko

Roller Poster
That's it! im gonna pack my trunk and head for gardaland soon as i get enough beer tokens saved :p

The video sounds like she was describing nemesis in the first couple of mins.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ok, it does look pretty great. Still not amazing though, I keep going through these stages in which I either find it amazing, or just good. But yeah, it's looking pretty great the way it interacts with the theming.