What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Oh please, Kings Island announce one of these on March 18.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
^ There is speculation over on Coaster Crazy that all the new dinosaur theming showing up at Kings Island is for the new windseeker. Cedar Fair, when announcing the windseekers did hint at one being dino theme.

Does anyone have translations for the words in the photos.

Lofty

CF Legend
Wow. Simply. Wow.

The theming does look great. I can't help but think that the 'Waterfall' element will be one of the best parts of the ride!

Trico

Roller Poster
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:

"For example, the trains are near the track"

"The attention to details and colours is really important in choosing the theme"

"The entrance, will be very big to keep unhautorised people away"

"Scientist building will have others "near hit" objects" (i didn't know how to say that, hope you understand"

"The bridge under which the creature will pass, over a mud pit surrounded by fog" (Oblivion's myst anyone?)

"Another important element will be a big observation tower destroyed an impact with the creature"

"And a big tree split in half and burnt"

Sorry if there is some mistake in my english :(

Trico

Roller Poster
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:

"For example, the trains are near the track"

"The attention to details and colours is really important in choosing the theme"

"The entrance will be very big to keep unhautorised people away"

"Scientist building will have others "near hit" objects" (i didn't know how to say that, hope you understand)

"The bridge under which the creature will pass, over a mud pit surrounded by fog" (Oblivion's myst anyone?)

"Another important element will be a big observation tower destroyed by an impact with the creature"

"And a big tree split in half and burnt by passing through"

Sorry if there are some mistakes in my english :(

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thanks for that, Trico. Excellent stuff, I cannot wait to ride this in July.

(And lol, I really love the "Bottom_Feeder_13" username.)

Treeis

Mega Poster
This coaster looks simply fantastic. When I heard about B&M doing a new type of coaster, I knew it would be good!

CMonster

Giga Poster
Ooh, I want to win a all expenses paid for trip to Italy next year! This is looking fantastic, especially those near misses! I love how they're using the new train design to create better interaction with the theming.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Yeah, to be fair, it's something Baco doesn't do. There's no head/foot choppers on it. The only way it uses it's train to it's advantage is the inline and over the water turn. Still, the launch and rest of the layout make up for it.

Do you think that the general public actually understand and respect theming in it's place - By this I mean, do you think that they think. "Wow. My head/feet were close to that wall/roof"?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Since it's mainland Europe, I would say they probably respect and believe the ideal of theming a lot more...

Case in point, Rainbow Magicland...

jack.bell

Mega Poster
WOW, if it looks anything like the artwork on the previous page then i am expecting BIG things from this ride. for a first of a kind it doesnt look like they are holding back as much as they did with Air at Alton Towers, I cant wait to ride this.

Lofty

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
Since it's mainland Europe, I would say they probably respect and believe the ideal of theming a lot more...

Case in point, Rainbow Magicland...

To be fair, in the case of respecting theming: PortAventura still is one of the worst cases of damage/mistreatment of theming I've seen. From the chewing gum tunnel of Tutuki to the graffiti covered station of Baco.

It's also the case at Terra Mitica - Although, it's not as bad, you can still notice names and such scattered around on buildings and things. Both these parks are on mainland Europe too. Looking at photos of the town Jake's at in Italy, it's covered in graffiti. Let's hope the same doesn't happen here!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Don't forget Stampida's graffiti too.

PortAventura was vile for that...

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Do you think that the general public actually understand and respect theming in it's place - By this I mean, do you think that they think. "Wow. My head/feet were close to that wall/roof"?

They're not blind (actually one or two might be, statistically) of course they'll appreciate the head/feet chopper combo. I hate it when the GP is referred to as a group of mindless vegetables who don't even know where they are or whether or not they're evening riding a coaster.

Just because people who enjoy coasters and don't moan about them online, doesn't mean they can't appreciate the level of detail in the design.

marc

CF Legend
If anything the public probably appreciate it more, I mean look at the number that think 13 and Saw are well themed.