What's new

Raptor - B&M 'Wing-Rider' - Gardaland

Kebab

Giga Poster
The theme still doesn't make any sense to me. So is the ride themed about a creature over the Roof of the Alps or what? It sounds cool, kind of reminded me of the bizarre theme Baco has, and a lot better than Altons attempt with Th13teen.

I hope they really pull it off with the theming, otherwise the coaster will just seem pretty dull, it doesn't seem to do much at all and I'll be surprised if it's vaguely forceful, but I have doubts.

Wait and see! :--D

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I think they are going for the foot-choppers being the main thrill. It's marketed as big and scary, and I guess for where it is in the world it will be.

I don't get the theme either. From what I can gather it's more like Nemesis than anything else. Some unusual beastie that's been discovered and the goverment are keepign hush hush? No idea though.

Lofty

CF Legend
Joey said:
I think they are going for the foot-choppers being the main thrill. It's marketed as big and scary, and I guess for where it is in the world it will be.

I don't get the theme either. From what I can gather it's more like Nemesis than anything else. Some unusual beastie that's been discovered and the goverment are keepign hush hush? No idea though.

Yeah, by the looks of it, A Raptor egg has been discovered underground when they were building their new attraction. This egg has now shown signs of life and has been progressing as the construction has gone on, when the coaster is open, the Raptor is basic to life. Thats the basic story of it..

Nick

Mega Poster
^ pretty much the same story idea as Nemesis then...
I still think this ride will be awesome. I love baco but it was only really good in the front seats due to roughness in the other seats. So if B&M sort the vibrating seat issue out, plus because of the addition of some fun looking inversions, could be very good indeed. But... it's not going to have the insane speed of baco.

Rush

Giga Poster
Look what the webcam's snapped a picture of...

webimage1j.jpg

So testing has officially commenced. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm, they're much lower than the Intamin trains. I wonder how that will make the ride feel?

Lofty

CF Legend
^ It may actually eradicate that 'bouncing' effect. Also, when Baco does it's "S" bend type turns, dependant on if you sit on the left or right, it can be quite harsh. The main way for me to explain this better would be to after the initial launch, when you drop and bank quickly to the right. If you are sat on the right hand side of the tracks, it's fine, it feels kinda fluid, BUT, if you are sat on the left, it drops, then harshly bounces you up again, I find it to be one of the harshest parts of the ride tbh.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Regardless of how this rides, it's going to look fantastic.

Ben

CF Legend
Those trains are gorgeous!

I actually think this has the potential to be really, really good. The layout isn't groundbreaking, but, with those trains, as long as it isn't TOO slow, should be fab! I do have a bit of a thing for rides where the seats stick out over the side (all two of them I've done), so this should be fab!

Jer

Strata Poster
^that angle just looks so epic, it's just a big mess of track, it's gonna be awesome. Wish I could make to italy

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^They're not for storage are they? They look like they've just got pieces of wood strapped to them. Maybe it's just an added little fin type thing so that they can put the train down easily.