What's new

Rank your Ridden B&M Inverts

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Four more inverts added to my list this year so time for an update (new in bold)

1. Nemesis - still the daddy.
2. Montu - great layout and super intensity whilst still being smooth.
3. Monster (Grona Lund) - an amazing feat of engineering and a fabulous ride too.
4. Black Mamba - like Nemesis, but not as good :D
5. Banshee - only got one ride (on the front) but was impressed with the size and layout. Vests did not bother me at all.
6. Nemesis Inferno - it has grown on me over the years.
7. OzIris - looks great but was kinda boring when I rode it.
8. Batman (SFOG) - smooth-ish but possibly a bit too intense?
9. Raptor - disappointing. I'm sure it was great in its day but intensity and the roughness that comes with age are not a good combo.
10. Batman (SFGAm) - the original but not the best, for the same reasons as Raptor. Station and queue theming was good though.

Furyous Baco 325

Roller Poster
1. Banshee-great layout and love the no head-bangy vests
2. Talon-best ride at Dorney, love the non-inverting track
3. Afterburn-very whippy corkscrew
4. Raptor-best drop on an invert, great 1st 2 inversions, but lots of head banging and the brake run snap is bad
5. Alpengeist-absolute powerhouse, super intense, but a little bit shaky
6. Great Bear-got a horribly rough back row ride, nice pre drop

Mark9

Roller Poster
One of the most dependable ride types. Even the bad ones are just average and nowhere near awful

1. Nemesis. My Number one coaster.
2. Katun. Giant but so good
3. Oz'Iris. Unique. great layout
4. Raptor. Feels downright powerful
5. Monster (Grona). loved this. Unique
6. Monster (Waly). Big, felt untamed.
7. Batman (SFGAm). Original, still packs a punch
8. Black Mamba. Like a less impressive hole monster
9. Flight Deck. Short but sweet
10. Nemesis Inferno. Distinctly average.
11. Chinese Fireball. RIP you unconventional thing
12. Hungarian Hungtial. RIP you slightly less good one
13. Montu. It's okay.. for its age
14. Batman (MM). Backwards so not really representative
15. Silver Bullet. Moments of brilliance, otherwise just OK
16. Batman (Parque Warner). Meh

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
1. Nemesis
2. Montu
3. Katun
4. OzIris
5. Batman The Ride (SFMM)
6. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PWM)
7. Flight Deck (CGA)
8. Dueling Dragons
9. Black Mamba
10. Nemesis Inferno
11. Silver Bullet

And this summer I can hopefully add Monster @ Grona Lund to this list too.
After the stories I've heard about it, I think it will end in the top half.
A little late, but I've done that Swedish B&M inverted coaster, called Monster, this summer.
My new list will probably be the list shown here:

1. Nemesis
2. Montu
3. Katun
4. OzIris
5. Monster (Grona Lund)
6. Batman The Ride (SFMM)
7. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PWM)
8. Flight Deck (CGA)
9. Dueling Dragons
10. Black Mamba
11. Nemesis Inferno
12. Silver Bullet

Peet

Giga Poster
1) Nemesis - the one, the only. I think this will always be my "favourite" coaster even if it's no longer even in my top ten.
2) Afterburn - this just felt mighty, great ride.
3) Montu - looks amazing after it's paint job, and a very good ride.
4) OzIris - good theming, great ride.
5) Black Mamba - I don't blame Phantasialand for being inspired by Nemesis but it's just not quite as good.
=6) Batman (SFGAd)
=6) Batman (PW Madrid)
8) Nemesis Inferno
- bottom of the list but still a solid ride. I'm not a huge fan of interlocking corkscrews - they look fantastic off-ride, but feel a bit awkward on-ride, I prefer a double corkscrew which B&M seem to be completely averse to.

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
I've only ridden inverts in the states, but I have a decent collection of unique rides, I'm missing 10 operating inverts in North America and 8 of them are Batman clones. I'm sad I missed Dueling Dragons.
  1. Montu - not the most unique layout but perfect execution and insanely forceful, has a chance to be overtaken by Alpie this year
  2. Alpengeist - amazing sense of speed on the 1st half, my fav cobra roll on any coaster, really cool layout
  3. Great Bear - I love everything about the layout, I don't care about the straight track, the setting is amazing, it doesn't have enough elements to place any higher
  4. Afterburn - mini Montu, I definitely need re-rides but I loved the layout, a bit rougher than the coasters placed higher
  5. Silver Bullet - overhated, amazing layout after the first drop, I love coasters that gain momentum until the end and this one has maybe my favorite finale of any of the inverts
  6. Talon (The Grip Of Fear) - same description as Montu, not the most unique layout but perfect execution, would need a little more whip or another inversion or two to place higher
  7. Banshee - that one really rattly train can ruin the ride, great first drop, I know the elements look varied but the swooping motion on ride feels repetitive, I'm mostly a vest restraint hater but the lack of traditional OTSR gives this a higher ranking than the coasters ranked lower
  8. Raptor - I like the layout and forces but I've never gotten a ride without headbanging, I'll continue to try but I absolutely loathe headbanging.
  9. Batman The Ride (SFGAdv) - same description as Raptor, I'll still ride it almost every time though.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
1. Nemewilly
2. Montu
3. Great Bear
4. Black Mamba
5. Banshee
6. Afterburn
7. Raptor
8. Alpengeist
9. Batman the Ride
10. Duelling Dragons: Fire
11. Duelling Dragons: Ice
12. Nemewilly: Inferno

Hutch

Strata Poster
Man it's been a couple years since I've updated this one. Some new things and also some changes.

1. Nemesis - It's the second best B&M I've ever done with some of my favorite inversions on any ride. Thought it was perfect at the time, but it's been nine years so it's due for a revisit, but I don't know when that's happening.

2. Silver Bullet - Excellent layout with surprisingly great pacing and some killer forces.

3. Batman: The Ride (SFOG) - By far the best Batman clone. Very intense while still smooth.

4. Afterburn - This one shot up after some great rides last year. Some great intensity and snappy moments.

5. Montu - Used to be #2, but it dropped after some recent rides. Zero g roll and batwing are still killer, but the rest wasn't hitting as much as it used to.

6. Chinese Fireball - Definitely superior layout to Horntail. Some snappy immelmanns, sweet corkscrews, and a nice floater hill. Was awesome when they dueled, but I still thought they were great on their own. Not really sad to see them go though, I've had plenty of rides on them.

7. Great White - Treats you right. Fantastic Batman clone.

8. Talon - Nice big swooping inversions in the first half followed by more powerful moments in the second half. Great landscaping interaction too, especially given the park it's in.

9. Monster - Location, design, and interaction are textbook. Lacks intensity for the most part, but it has the best first drop on an invert.

10. Batman: The Ride (SFGAm) - Still kicks ass after 30 years. Just not as smooth as the other two.

11. Nemesis Inferno - Not the sexiest, but what's not to like? It's a simple layout, doesn't waste any time, gets right to the good stuff, and has great landscaping.

12. Alpengeist - Great sense of speed, ridiculous foot choppers, and the best cobra roll. The rest of the inversions don't quite hit, and the MCBR is a buzzkill.

13. Hungarian Horntail - The beginning overbank turn is dull and the cobra roll is okay, but it has an excellent zero g roll. Doesn't benefit from being defunct, as it'll continue to drop.

14. Batman: The Ride (SFGAd) - It's been 8 years and I only got one ride, so I should probably just give it another chance.

15. Great Bear - Was actually quite fun the last time I rode it. It has some weird moments but the inversions are pretty good.

16. Batman: The Ride (SFMM) - Has the usual intensity, but it's one of the rattlier ones.

17. Raptor - Good ride. The elements aren't as remarkable as others, and the middle portion of the layout isn't really exciting. Not the smoothest one out there but it could be a lot worse.

18. Banshee - Definitely the worst. Sure it's intense, but only in the valleys and it rattles in all of them. Inversions are also too big and drawn out to be any interesting.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Man it's been a couple years since I've updated this one. Some new things and also some changes.

1. Nemesis - It's the second best B&M I've ever done with some of my favorite inversions on any ride. Thought it was perfect at the time, but it's been nine years so it's due for a revisit, but I don't know when that's happening.

2. Silver Bullet - Excellent layout with surprisingly great pacing and some killer forces.

3. Batman: The Ride (SFOG) - By far the best Batman clone. Very intense while still smooth.

4. Afterburn - This one shot up after some great rides last year. Some great intensity and snappy moments.

5. Montu - Used to be #2, but it dropped after some recent rides. Zero g roll and batwing are still killer, but the rest wasn't hitting as much as it used to.

6. Chinese Fireball - Definitely superior layout to Horntail. Some snappy immelmanns, sweet corkscrews, and a nice floater hill. Was awesome when they dueled, but I still thought they were great on their own. Not really sad to see them go though, I've had plenty of rides on them.

7. Great White - Treats you right. Fantastic Batman clone.

8. Talon - Nice big swooping inversions in the first half followed by more powerful moments in the second half. Great landscaping interaction too, especially given the park it's in.

9. Monster - Location, design, and interaction are textbook. Lacks intensity for the most part, but it has the best first drop on an invert.

10. Batman: The Ride (SFGAm) - Still kicks ass after 30 years. Just not as smooth as the other two.

11. Nemesis Inferno - Not the sexiest, but what's not to like? It's a simple layout, doesn't waste any time, gets right to the good stuff, and has great landscaping.

12. Alpengeist - Great sense of speed, ridiculous foot choppers, and the best cobra roll. The rest of the inversions don't quite hit, and the MCBR is a buzzkill.

13. Hungarian Horntail - The beginning overbank turn is dull and the cobra roll is okay, but it has an excellent zero g roll. Doesn't benefit from being defunct, as it'll continue to drop.

14. Batman: The Ride (SFGAd) - It's been 8 years and I only got one ride, so I should probably just give it another chance.

15. Great Bear - Was actually quite fun the last time I rode it. It has some weird moments but the inversions are pretty good.

16. Batman: The Ride (SFMM) - Has the usual intensity, but it's one of the rattlier ones.

17. Raptor - Good ride. The elements aren't as remarkable as others, and the middle portion of the layout isn't really exciting. Not the smoothest one out there but it could be a lot worse.

18. Banshee - Definitely the worst. Sure it's intense, but only in the valleys and it rattles in all of them. Inversions are also too big and drawn out to be any interesting.
That’s some high Silver Bullet praise! I’m curious - were you trying to ride in any one spot on the train? I’ve always found back row best, but the front of the train to be milder.

Hutch

Strata Poster
That’s some high Silver Bullet praise! I’m curious - were you trying to ride in any one spot on the train? I’ve always found back row best, but the front of the train to be milder.
Other way around for me! The front had much more positive g's compared to the back. The back was still intense, but felt more typical like other inverts, while the front was a surprise. The upward helix at the end makes more sense at the front too, as your position in relation to the train maximizes speed and force as it loses momentum. For other sharp pullouts, I got the sense that being in the front allows you to feel the rest of the train behind you pushing you in.

After hearing generally underwhelming opinions about it, being shocked at the intensity probably elevates it as well. But it's still genuinely an amazing ride.

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
I'm here for the Silver Bullet love, one of my fav coaster finales, both forceful and cool with the corkscrews going in opposite directions, I'm not sure why people don't like it other than the first drop

uwurawrus

Roller Poster
1. OzIris
Really beautiful ride, great interaction with the area, some WONDERFULLY floaty zero g rolls and intense helices. What's not to love?
2. Black Mamba
Incredible interaction with the area too, surprisingly forceful in places. Very close to Nemesis to me I just prefer how this ride is presented overall
3. Nemesis
See above. Incredibly forceful in places and the terrain interaction is incredible but it's just never really blown me away as much as the inverts higher up on this list do. Honestly I think I might prefer Inferno for its superior intensity but as of now I think I'd rather ride this hence it's higher placement. Maybe I'm just missing it :p
4. Nemesis Inferno
Also see above. Incredibly intense ride with dense vegetation that also provides an incredible ground effect just like Nemesis does. Fantastic inversions, incredibly paced, doesn't let up for even a moment.
5. Montu
Montu is probably the most underwhelming ride I've ever experienced, though I did ride it the day it reopened from its atrocious paint job so it was probably running quite slowly. The lift was running at a ridiculously low speed, so I think that might've been a factor but none of the inversions had any whip, there was barely any force and I was really underwhelmed with the presentation of what I thought would be a really well presented ride. It's fine, but I prefer the SLC layout and would rather ride the majority of those.
I gave it a full day to warm up but alas it didn't really help and I left Busch Gardens Tampa that day very very disappointed. No doubt it is a fantastic coaster, but I didn't experience that fantastic coaster and I might one day get to ride it as it normally runs (Normally POVs make rides look slower than they actually are but it was quite the opposite here!)

4. Nemesis Inferno
Also see above. Incredibly intense ride with dense vegetation that also provides an incredible ground effect just like Nemesis does. Fantastic inversions, incredibly paced, doesn't let up for even a moment.
Glad to see some love for Nemesis Inferno! I think the name causes a lot of unnecessary hate on this ride as people go in expecting "a Nemesis" which it's not.

I may be slightly biased though given it's the only invert I've been on...

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
I do really need to get on some more inverts in the next couple of years, but currently my ranking is as follows:

1) Nemesis Inferno
2) Nemesis

For me Nemesis Inferno has a fantastic layout and is very forceful, currently it is the best coaster at Thorpe.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I've never ridden one I don't like. If this threads told me anything it's that I need to go ride Banshee asap.

Anyway let's give this a go

1) Nemesis - of course it's at the top, I love this ride, best helix on any coaster and despite being short it packs a punch.
2) Montu - classic, old school and a batwing to boot
3) Alpengiest - Massive first half and a lovely quirky theme.
4) Black Mamba - Like Nemesis but longer and more African.
5) Afterburn - Like Montu but shorter and less African.
6) Monster (walibi) - intense throughout and love the lack of the MCBR
7) Batman: The Ride - I'm grouping them here but SFoG is the best I've done and SFMM the worst
8) Silver Bullet - still an awesome ride but just didn't quite have the punch of those higher up.
9) Dragons Challenge: Fire - great ride that was so much better when they dueled. Airtime hill was the highlight
10) Dragons Challenge: Ice - again a decent ride with a killer zero g but didn't quite live up to its siblings intensity
11) Nemesis Inferno - bookending the list with Nemisises (that's a word) it's a good ride but unlike other short inverts (batman and nemesis) it doesn't offer the intensity to offset it.