Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

Thanks for the update! Roll on Friday!

I have to admit after the initial rumours died down, it dropped off my radar. Hopefully the announce will be pleasing and reinvigorate my interest.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^^ Ummm, doesnt Leviathan reach about 85mph? If so, then I would say B&Ms second Giga with a more interesting layout :)

Edit: Did the research, close to 300ft. Im gonna guess about 265ft with a 250ft drop.

Switching between the hideouts'...

andrus

Giga Poster

^According to rcdb Leviathan reach speeds of 92 mph and is 306 feet high. Both Diamond back and Nitro reach 80 mph and both are 215 feet. So a qualified guess is that the PA ride will be somewhere inbetween.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

andrus said:
^According to rcdb Leviathan reach speeds of 92 mph and is 306 feet high. Both Diamond back and Nitro reach 80 mph and both are 215 feet. So a qualified guess is that the PA ride will be somewhere inbetween.

So, shall we call it Gigalite or Superhyper? LOL

spicy

Giga Poster
[Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

I really hope it's announced on Friday because I can't wait to see what this actually is!

I just hope it lives up to the high expectations.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Tell you what, engaging massive fanboy mode, but for a ride to overtake both Khan and Baco in terms of 'flagship' ride suggests this will be big.

Epic.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Bless B&M!
I hope this is quite similar to Leviathan!!

Shubinine

Mega Poster

So after 1 decade looks like Silver Star might actually lose its crown for the tallest in Europe.

Let's hope it will actually do something with its height...

Lofty

CF Legend

Smithy said:
Tell you what, engaging massive fanboy mode, but for a ride to overtake both Khan and Baco in terms of 'flagship' ride suggests this will be big.

Epic.

I can't agree more, them two rides are BIG investments and really make the park outstanding, so for them two to get beat, it's got to be impressive.

D1993 said:
Bless B&M!

I don't. I want this to actually do SOMETHING.

Kebab

Giga Poster

D1993 said:
Bless B&M!

It won't, it will be better. :wink:

PortAventura has a lot of open space for this new rollercoaster to be built, so hopefully they can really go down to earth with a really nice air-time filled out and back layout.

If this does reach over 250 feet (which it most likely will be), wouldn't this be officially the tallest coaster in Europe? This excites me, plus it still allows Hurakan Condor to tower the parks skyline. Really clever move PortAventura! :)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

wow this will be big if its gona be faster than baco and more wow to look at than dragon karn

Darren B

Giga Poster

Should we expect to see the plans and/or the no limits mockup of this ride on friday?

tucoaster

Roller Poster

Some new photos
1.png

2.png

3.png

Josh73

Giga Poster

Oooh dirt.
What will the giant holes be used for? Sorry if this has already been answered, I was just wondering...

andrus

Giga Poster

It's huges holes! Since they're in a row it looks like it'll be for footers, but some of them are multiple the size of Khan's footers so I kind of doubt it...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Unless they're foundation points for the station building, which would probably have much bigger holes anyway.

andrus

Giga Poster

^Ahh, that's true! But I hope not :/ It would be dull to have the station so close to Khan's..

Josh73

Giga Poster

I don't think because in the first picture, the holes look like they go on for a long time. I think the station would be massive if Hixee's prediction is correct.

andrus

Giga Poster

But why so large holes then? :? Either the coaster is 400 feet high or I dont know..