What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

That has to be real.

What fanboy would throw a trim between the MCBR and the end brakes?

Really like the turn-around, and was surprised to see the 2nd tunnel lead immediately into a splashdown. That might make for some interesting pictures.

oriolat2 said:
Well, the newest hypercoasters made by B&M have MCBR almost at the end (Intimidator is a good example of that) yet they can still run 3 trains without stacking.

Thats probably because Intimadator has less camelbacks than most, I also thought it was one of the shorter models but not according to wikipedia. If this layout is accurate I hope that's the only thing it shares with Intimadator because that looks like the weakest of the bunch.

^But this ride will be fairly short. It'll be noticeably higher then the other B&M hypers but have roughly the same length. So it kind of would make sense for B&M to put the mcbr at the end of the layout. Parks rarely have fast enough operations anyway to fully use a mcbr placed halfway through the layout.

^ I'm not assuming the pov will be exactly accurate with timing, but if you take notice it takes over a minute from start of pov to the splashdown, skipping the lift hill. Now watch Nitro, from top of lift it takes merely 50 seconds to reach the MCBR.

I'd prefer if the brakes were late so the ride keeps full speed longer, but I reckon they'll be earlier.

It doesn't seem that they're so desperate to keep speed since there's a trim on the first drop (2:29 on the video) I really hope that's not accurate.

rollermonkey said:
That has to be real.

What fanboy would throw a trim between the MCBR and the end brakes?

Really like the turn-around, and was surprised to see the 2nd tunnel lead immediately into a splashdown. That might make for some interesting pictures.

Surely you're not THAT stupid?

It's NOT an official Pov. Hence it not being on PortAventura's Channel and/or Updates...

^Of course it's not an official pov. But that doesn't stop it from being accurate? It could be leaked information or somebody working at the park that has made the recreation, although I doubt it.

Yeah, it doesn't stop it being accurate, the reason this looks more accurate than the rest of the layouts is due to the fact it has Khan in too. That's IT. If it didn't have the theming in, it wouldn't. The low curve into the splash pool, I very much doubt, will happen, at all. I still doubt it having a splash down to be honest, especially not UNDER Khan...

^But the splash down is official as far as I know. I think it was stated by Port Aventura themselves when the coaster was revealed.

Where? Because i you look back in this topic, we've done nothing but SPECULATE on it. Nothing of this nature is official. The only reason in which people have said that it ay have a Splash Down is the fact that;

A) Some of the most recent B&M Hyper's have.
B) There was a piece of planning and a patent way back a few years ago that the front of a train would be the car to carry the splashing mechanism. This, from what I remember, was actually created and linked to this when the first concept for a BIG coaster was conceived after the park take-over from Universal in the last decade. Around 05/06? Maybe earlier.

^Hmm ok, I took a quick look through the topic and I have to admit that I couldn't find definite proof for a water splashdown. But there's plenty of facts indicating the ride will feature a splashdown:

1) Members at PAC have said it will feature it. The same members that so far have had every information of the coaster correct.
2) In the plans the area under Dragon Khan looks like it either will have a splashdown or a mcbr. It looks really small for a mcbr though and the huge trench dug out further indicates the higher possibility of a splashdown rather than a mcbr.
3) On Port Aventuras webpage it says the ride will travel "over mountain lakes". Yes, that's not a proof of it having a splashdown. But why otherwise bother to construct lakes? The park already has plenty of areas with water.

Still hoping the layout is wrong lol, it just does not do much :(

Not seeing what all the hype is about yet :)

^It does loads :p

Like, loads...

I was really impressed with that... Look at like, Intimidator and then this, and then say this does nothing :p

Just watched it, was never impressed by it anyway and rating show people were not impressed either.

I am only going off the NL creation at the moment so maybe it will be better when built.

It just has too many long corners and straight sections thats all.

Some of the turns do look good but over all you just know all the hills will be trimmed and the speed will be cut :( All depends if you like air time of floater time. For me this looks not better than Silver Star, I do hope i am wrong.

Its still good they are getting this though and i will do the park well, I am just not getting the same buzz from it that others are.

marc said:
Just watched it, was never impressed by it anyway and rating show people were not impressed either.

I am only going off the NL creation at the moment so maybe it will be better when built.

It just has too many long corners and straight sections thats all.

Some of the turns do look good but over all you just know all the hills will be trimmed and the speed will be cut :( All depends if you like air time of floater time. For me this looks not better than Silver Star, I do hope i am wrong.

Its still good they are getting this though and i will do the park well, I am just not getting the same buzz from it that others are.

To be totally honest, ignore the NoLimits POV. Whilst we know what it does from an Aerial view, nobody knows it from any other view, so knows what hills it will have etc. I don't think it's going to be as bad as the video shows.

The absolutely hilarious thing is, that apart from actually riding Dragon Khan, you can't see that area much where everyone has decided the Splash Down is. Due to the hills/landscape around that area, it's somewhat hidden. Oh well. I don't care.

Base of the lift and lift motor in place:

th720_DSCF0712_1326819223.JPG

th720_DSCF0711_1326819102.JPG

th720_DSCF0699_1326818838.JPG

At the same time, works are starting around the helix:

th720_DSCF0707_1326819054.JPG

th720_DSCF0703_1326818932.JPG

th720_DSCF0702_1326818881.JPG

Some more pictures can be found on PA-Community:

http://www.pa-community.com/p/port_aven ... rettyPhoto

They have even shot a video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pp12vKe7z4[/youtube]

^Watching that video made me think how nice Dragon Khan actually looks with it's new colours, I don't think the blue seems as harsh as people make it out to be, it blends quite beautifully.

Plus, so glad they're actually making progress with this now, I've waited so long! can't wait to see that lift hill 260 feet up in the air now! :)

A friend of mine is in FITUR (International Tourism Trade Fair) and has sent me the following picture.

thumb_shambhala_model.jpg

This pretty much confirms the tunnel on the first drop (head chopper anyone?), the shape of the helix, a "speed hump", the splash and the MCBR almost at the end (like Carowinds' Intmimidator). Also note the station looks like a refuge.

As for construction itself, recent updates show that supports are being placed for the first airtime hill and the helix is progressing nicely (at least the lower parts).

Really liking that odd helix element at the bottom left, as this ever been done before on a Hyper?