What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Before:
c3.jpg

After:
coaster1.jpeg

I'm not sure, certainly looks a lot brighter and happier now. It's like converting a classic Disney film into Blu-Ray 3D, so it's for good or for worse depending on someones taste. I'm sure going to miss Khan's old image, it's what I've been familiar with for years.

It reminds me of Spinballs colour change, but no-one complained about that, it brought it to life! :)

At the moment it doesn't look right at all, but im sure once Shambhala finally starts going vertical it will look alright and stand out from it which I think is the whole idea behind the repaint.

Still looking forward to seeing Shambhala start to climb into the sky!

I don't mind the paint job at all.

That comparison image also makes me realise the blue seems less striking, it kind of blends more. Maybe when Shambhala is built they thought it would look too busy with all that white.

It also show how large Shambles is going to look, it's around another 100ft above Khan. It really is going to look HUGE.

I had a dream last night that I was at PortAventura when Shambhala finished. And right behind Dragon Khan was a 150 ft man made mountain (like expedition everest), for Shambhala to tower over. But it makes me think, PortAventura have always gone that extra mile for theming, I wonder if it's possible, because I tell you, Dragon Khans new paint job looked gorgeous in front of that and Shambhala's supports blended perfectly too! Oh man, it just made the China area that little bit more complete.

If only...

No relevant construction news sadly. The park will be closing for the season this Sunday. Then I expect things to speed up to the max when nobody can go sneaking.

On a brighter note, members from PAC spotted the emergency stairs being assembled to the lift hill pieces. They have been placed on the left side of the track; that means unobstructed view of the park. The views over Khan and the whole resort will be spectacular!

When I went to Salou last October the dominance of Kahn and Condor from the airport and the surrounding area was amazing with this as well the skyline will be outstanding.

Kebab said:
I had a dream last night that I was at PortAventura when Shambhala finished. And right behind Dragon Khan was a 150 ft man made mountain (like expedition everest), for Shambhala to tower over. But it makes me think, PortAventura have always gone that extra mile for theming, I wonder if it's possible, because I tell you, Dragon Khans new paint job looked gorgeous in front of that and Shambhala's supports blended perfectly too! Oh man, it just made the China area that little bit more complete.

If only...

Yeah, keep dreaming, it sadly will never happen. Which is a shame, because it would look stunning.

According to Jivo from Bloggercoaster.com the lift hill is about to go up. Some supports have been placed after the station and they were lifting pieces of track for the turn leading to the lift hill.

I'll update the post with pictures later (unless some other random Spanish enthusiast beats me).

According to Jivo from Bloggercoaster.com the lift hill is about to go up. Some supports have been placed after the station and they were lifting pieces of track for the turn leading to the lift hill.

11120122.jpg

11120123.jpg

11120125.jpg

11120126.jpg

A bunch of high-quality photos can be found here:

http://www.bloggercoaster.com/

Update:
Turn towards the lifthill has been completed. Second support for the lifthill has been erected and is about 80 feet high. Track for this lifthill section is expected to be assembled by tomorrow.

Construction is sure speeding up!

That's such good news. I can't actually wait to see the drop. I'm really excited for that alone!

Double post, but it's worth it;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axZJgrnYZag&feature=g-all-a&list=PL3FC58DDCCFFB72F5&context=G235a48dFAAAAAAAAAAA[/youtube]

More construction shots. Including some HUGE supports on the ground.

Found a fairly decent pre-creation created by PAC. Not sure how accurate it is, but gives you a pretty good idea of what it'll look like.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LurYe5RIG6U&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I'm at Salou in June, so I'll be riding my first B&M Hyper! :p

POV is at 1:57.

I don't get the MCBR before the last hill, but apart from that it looks ok.

Nice to really see the colours of the two coasters together. It does seem a tad late for the MCBR compared to other hypers, it might be better timed if the MCBR was where the splasdown is on the video. Then again it would be cool to see a splashdown from Khans lift hill/drop. I also love the tunnel at the bottom of the first drop, it reminds me of the only good part of Raging Bull (before the awful trims kill the rest of the ride)

Well, the newest hypercoasters made by B&M have MCBR almost at the end (Intimidator is a good example of that) yet they can still run 3 trains without stacking.