What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

If you ask me it seems too drawn out, but I don't know if that's just your recreation or that the ride will actually be this drawn out. If it's the latter, then I fear it may be a bit dull. Having said that, the interaction with Kahn may improve things.
Ugh, typical YT NL uploader...3 Mins of artistic flyby footage, 1.5 minutes of actual POV, oh and the artistic stuff has to be at the start, just to make sure we watch it and marvel at its beauty :roll:
3:09 if you want to just see POV...

As for Khans supports. Bleh!
Orange, Black, or Green (Like http://www.rcdb.com/1500.htm?p=6940 )

On the latter, I'm not just saying they should be green because that happens to be an Asian coaster...Green and Red has always come across as a fairly typical asian style colour scheme, eg this building: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge ... F3dic7.jpg

I dont think Khan's supports like that bad, but they dont look better than before I think.
Either way, its not bad IMO

I'm not being funny, but Khan looks far better. It NEEDED this. If anybody has actually been in the queue for it, the blue that's used on bits of the cattlepen "theming" is the same colour blue. It needed to happen. It's far more striking now. It looks great.

It needs something to stand out from this coaster, I don't think it will be AS "dwarfed" as everyone has thought now, the colours are going to help to bring it out of it's background more.

^It needed a repaint, yes. It didn't need a Superman repaint. :roll:

;)

I agree with Loft on the supports, Dragon Khan looks just like new! Like Shambhalas track, it will take a short while to grow on people, but I'm pretty sure a visit to the park in scorching heat and clear skies will soon change your viewpoint.

I agree that whilst it does seem a bit Superman-esque, like Lofty said, it needed it to help it stand out more, and I think it'll look far better with Shambhala in the mix as well.

Hixee said:

;)

As I said though, it really needed "bringing out" of to the foreground of where the new coaster is going to be. I know that it isn't going to be in the foreground, it was just easier to explain it that way. In my opinion, that's why they've actually chosen the colour track of Shambhala to be as simplistic and "bright" as it is. They know Dragon Khan is their most popular coaster, until now, it's been the star of the show so to speak. They know what a huge fan base the ride has also got, they wouldn't want to over hinder any of that! I like it, I'm not saying that nobody is entitles to their own opinions, but I'm just saying that the park know what they're doing! ;)

By the way Hixee, this post wasn't all directed to you, my friend! :D

Uncle Arly said:
I agree that whilst it does seem a bit Superman-esque, like Lofty said, it needed it to help it stand out more, and I think it'll look far better with Shambhala in the mix as well.
Kebab said:
I agree with Loft on the supports, Dragon Khan looks just like new! Like Shambhalas track, it will take a short while to grow on people, but I'm pretty sure a visit to the park in scorching heat and clear skies will soon change your viewpoint.
-lofty- said:
Hixee said:

;)

As I said though, it really needed "bringing out" of to the foreground of where the new coaster is going to be. I know that it isn't going to be in the foreground, it was just easier to explain it that way. In my opinion, that's why they've actually chosen the colour track of Shambhala to be as simplistic and "bright" as it is. They know Dragon Khan is their most popular coaster, until now, it's been the star of the show so to speak. They know what a huge fan base the ride has also got, they wouldn't want to over hinder any of that! I like it, I'm not saying that nobody is entitles to their own opinions, but I'm just saying that the park know what they're doing! ;)

By the way Hixee, this post wasn't all directed to you, my friend! :D
There's a difference between retouching the paint and making it stand out and having the supports this blue! I think the track looks AWESOME with that vibrant red restored, but the big blue supports just don't look right on a ride we know as having pale supports. Even if they were just slightly less vibrant. Hopefully when it all settles and weathers it'll look better, but at the moment I think it's too Superman-y.

I'm still undecided about Shambhala's colours, I think they could look good, but I want to see some proper (ie, not brake run) track installed to see how it looks.

I can see where everybody is getting at. I personally would have rathered to see a paler blue, but this is fine too. Still better than the old colour. And the track looks amazing! <3

That picture of Condor does make me nervous. Every time I see a picture of the top, I feel like the wind's going to blow too hard and knock the top piece off. XD

And I do think that Kahn's repaint could have been better, but it was said that Shambhala's track would fade to a lighter shade of blue in the sun, and I think that Kahn's supports will too. Though if I had my way, Kahn would have orange-red track with light silver supports. But I think this will look good too once everything fades.

It's not "Superman" unless yellow is added in my opinion. I prefered the previous colour I'm not gonna lie but if I'd had the choice, I really think a sea green or jade colour would have worked better, but it definitely looks more striking as it is now anyway.

owenrita121 said:
Why is the hat on Condor wonky?
When you stand outside the ride at a certain angle it looks like it's the roof of the building. Also I think there's some other reason behind it because of the theme.

owenrita121 said:

Plus is their anymore picture updates coming soon?

It's MEANT to be that way. When you see the building "In person", it's ragged edges match with the roof's edges to a 30-45° angle. It looks as though the tower has broke through the building and threw the roof into the air. It's very clever. I'm sure that the story was for the "Condor" to be some kind of Mythological god of the Mayan's and the temple was it's worshiping place. There used to be a show on the outside of the building that used to portray them worshiping it, with light effects etc lighting up the tower at certain times. It was really cool!

-lofty- said:
owenrita121 said:

Plus is their anymore picture updates coming soon?

It's MEANT to be that way. When you see the building "In person", it's ragged edges match with the roof's edges to a 30-45° angle. It looks as though the tower has broke through the building and threw the roof into the air. It's very clever. I'm sure that the story was for the "Condor" to be some kind of Mythological god of the Mayan's and the temple was it's worshiping place. There used to be a show on the outside of the building that used to portray them worshiping it, with light effects etc lighting up the tower at certain times. It was really cool!
Thanks it's always bugged me.