What's new

Plopsaland de Panne | The Ride to Happiness | Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster | 2021

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Looks slow.

No but seriously, looks really really slow. They're not gonna run it that slow, surely... are they?

Projektion

Mega Poster
In case anyone is worried, it will run faster. The video was them easing it into the jojo, expect a normal dispatch speed.

Also, spin boost on the launch
63fee0b1b6e95dbd3150b5e380fa74ed.png

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
^Pull-through tests seem to be exclusively an Intamin practice. Can't recall another major manufacturer doing pull-throughs recently, but Intamin's been doing it since at least Millennium Force.
I'm sorry it's not at all...

Imagine that was one of the first dispatches can't see it running like that with guests on, nice spin educing magnet tho

Attachments

• DXSgnWJXkAEMkHD.jpg
    DXSgnWJXkAEMkHD.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 91
  • DTTrCBFX0AYOUGO.jpg
    DTTrCBFX0AYOUGO.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 89

Ries

Mega Poster
Never done one, but from all the video's: I don't like jojo's.
I expect of course it will go faster than shown here. But replace it with a normal curve and let the cars spin free.

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
Nice to see minimum trim's, it was a stall drop tho wasn't it? Wouldn't be surprised if another get's bolted on at some point
Another nice pic of the train traversing the jojo roll

For as far as I know, the train won't be slowed down much, the trims will just be there to control the speed but you won't really hang there at least for as far as I know.

Luca B

Mega Poster
Nice to see minimum trim's, it was a stall drop tho wasn't it? Wouldn't be surprised if another get's bolted on at some point
Another nice pic of the train traversing the jojo roll

From the animation, it didn't seem like it'd be a stall drop, so hopefully it won't be trimmed to heavily, which is crazy considering it already has some speed going into the drop.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I'm guessing it's a similar case to when Icon does fast testing, to guarantee the train won't stall?
Really wish that's how Icon ran for real. I mean I haven't ridden it so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but my biggest problem with the ride is that the launches look way to slow and seems to neuter the rest of the layout.

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
Holy F*CK it's testing full circuit FAST!

I'm guessing it's a similar case to when Icon does fast testing, to guarantee the train won't stall?

That looks mental, it goes so fast and has so much whip, the first drop in the backrow looks absolutely crazy and so does the double inverting dive loop. But the ride will most probably not go this fast when it opens, it is now just riding in "overdive", it just makes sure that the trains makes the whole circuit and won't get stuck somewhere. But still after seeing this footage TRTH looks just crazy and it will be a very close battle between Kondaa and TRTH, I am very curious to hear the first reviews.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
As awesome as that looks, I'm glad it won't be that fast. Not sure my stomach would like that speed AND spinning.

I'm also aware of the irony here in me complaining about the jojo roll being too slow, and now hoping the rest of the ride is not too quick. Looks like it's The Ride to Moaning right now.